Canada Serving Canada.

Risky Coors Ad Mocking Torontonians

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by shilohap
I thought the ad was nice sarcastic jab at Torontonians. Lets not take life too seriously folks!
true, i'll take it as a compliment.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:03 AM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
LMAO. Damn Newfies lol.

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 08-20-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you get offended by an ad like that you should not leave your house.
People in Toronto are not as snobby as New York but they are bad.
You try and tell some one hello or good afternoon who you don;t know and they look at you like a stalker , rapist , or some other loony bin.

Never mind the same translates to the roads of Toronto where it has some awful drivers who also do not know the meaning of being courteous .

Old 08-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Saw this on cp24, it's interesting to see how van-city people see people from Toronto, not a single person interviewed had anything good to say about us, not saying all think that way, but that did irritate me when I saw that....

who drinks horsepiss anyways...

Old 08-20-2009, 12:09 PM
LOL HORSEPISS!! Not that I've ever tried horsepiss, but I'm pretty sure that's what it taste like. I remember drinking coors only to puke it out after one bottle because of how nasty it tasted...

BUD FTW! King of beer.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:37 PM
lol... they purposely did this to draw attention...simple marketing thats all..... mission completed.

excuse me while i go get myself another ICE COLD COORS LIGHT.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by SKperformance
You try and tell some one hello or good afternoon who you don;t know and they look at you like a stalker , rapist , or some other loony bin.

Never mind the same translates to the roads of Toronto where it has some awful drivers who also do not know the meaning of being courteous .
^+1.. well said.

When i was at the Grandbend.... it was a whole new world... everyone was very polite, helpful, started conversations... at first i was a lil suprised when all these random strangers came up to me and asked me how i was doing and introduced themselves by name etc. after like the 5th person within the first couple of hours , i realised it was a town full of great people and not because i was brown lol..

DT toronto is even worst, you give someone a right of way during traffic and they don't even signal to say thanks.. its like they expected you to do that...

I love Toronto... but i love Vancouver even more!

Old 08-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by t7n7
^+1.. well said.

When i was at the Grandbend.... it was a whole new world... everyone was very polite, helpful, started conversations... at first i was a lil suprised when all these random strangers came up to me and asked me how i was doing and introduced themselves by name etc. after like the 5th person within the first couple of hours , i realised it was a town full of great people and not because i was brown lol..

DT toronto is even worst, you give someone a right of way during traffic and they don't even signal to say thanks.. its like they expected you to do that...

Welcome to 'small town' Canada. I was raised in a small town north of Grand Bend and it's the same way there. The difference is people in a small town will be nice and say hi to you in passing, unless you give them a reason not to.

In the city people often seem a bit self absorbed and prefer to completely ignore the fact that each other exist. It's really to bad and sad.

That Coors ad was just stupid and although I wouldn't take it serious it still wasn't funny, asuming it was meant to be.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:27 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by t7n7
^+1.. well said.

Sounds like the Maritimes!

Old 08-21-2009, 10:38 AM
In the future, i wouldn't be suprised if we did something like the movie surrogates. No will interact with each other in person. It can be a good thing in terms of avoiding conflict/danger. More people will be willing to be nicer to others since they are not meeting each other in person.

I think due to the stuff we hear on the news and all the dangerous activities that surround Torontonians, everyone is just more self cautious. Which explains a lot. I dunno, I'm bored N thought I mention this.

From the way things are going, even 20 years into the future will not be much different then today. The human population will one day kill itself.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
Oh well, doesn't affect me, I don't drink that horsepiss.
haha same

Old 08-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
They should have an ad that says "people who drink Coors have no taste".

As for being offending, bitch please...Most people in Toronto are too busy cutting you off while driving on their cell phone to notice crappy billboards anyway.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Sounds like the Maritimes!
You called.....

Old 08-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by SKperformance
Yup.

When you share the city with so many shady f-tards what are you gonna do? You simply have to watch out for yourself. It's not getting any better either. And you're in 'sauga too!

Old 08-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Pfft... stop getting worked up guys, it's just another cheap advertisement. What do you want? They can mock us, but they'll never take our pride! T.dot>Vancity!