Canada Serving Canada.

Pro's and Con's about G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 12:05 AM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
Originally Posted by JRollo
the thing i HATE the most is when **** falls out of my pockets or off my lap and done the side of the seat, trying to dig my cell out of there makes me want to light the whole car on fire haha. I looked uner there the other day and found $45 in CHANGE hiding... another thing is you really have to pay to play, modding is exspensive!!!
but its all worth it for my 04 coupe
Holy giant picture batman!

Did you armor-all your tread?

Old 09-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Pros: When modded right, it will catch EVERY single eye. The daily compliments are rewarding. It is a good combination of class, performance, and luxury in a subtle manner.

Cons: Not fast enough for my needs. Interior is not bad, but not great [05-07 interiors... 03-04 are a level lower]. Fit, finish, and quality could be better.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:18 AM
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Pros: Sexy, fast (to me), it really feels faster than it is, the sound system (My 05' sounds great to me?)
Cons: Tires wear out too fast, CD player broke.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Only con I have is that it is too heavy, and feels too big. You feel the weight during turn in's, acceleration from dead stop, etc.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow I'm glad I share the same feelings as a lot of people here. Makes me think if I should've spent a little more for a used m3 or waited for a used 335i, ah well.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FinallyGotaG
Holy giant picture batman!

Did you armor-all your tread?
should be smaller now haha, and i used tire shine on the backside of the front wheel to cover up the dust

Old 09-04-2009, 08:04 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Pro's - Looks and sounds great.
- Fast enough for me.
- Handling is adequate.
I smile every time I start her up and drive away.

Cons - Soft paint
- gas consumption
- squeeks/groans
- $ repairs
- AH's in parking lots like to park close
Overall, I really enjoy having my G and being part of this forum.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well since everyone is putting in their list of pros/cons. I'll elaborate a little.
I come from a performance oriented background regarding cars, so you get a idea of where I am coming from.

Pros:
Looks and Sounds great.
Interior is decent
Seats are nice
Smooth ride and engine.

Cons:
Crappy paint(expected with water based paints)
Few squeaks (many of them easy fixes)
Part pricing can sometimes be pricey on specific items.
Does feel heavy but handling is still quite good.
Slow(well slow for my tastes, but that will change with mods)

Gas consumption I don't really complain about as I'm used to a car with the same size fuel tank, running 94 octane all the time and getting half the amount of kms/tank lol
Rattles, my G has none, my other cars were full of them, which was nothing new being a performance oriented car.
I said the interior is decent, again I'm comparing to a performance oriented car(not sport/luxury).

Originally Posted by netcbc
Wow I'm glad I share the same feelings as a lot of people here. Makes me think if I should've spent a little more for a used m3 or waited for a used 335i, ah well.
Meh, every car has their problems, BMW has their own and a M3 TBH and IMO isn't really better in anyway. Everyone has their own tastes though, personally I'd never own a BMW unless it was on lease only for it's warranty period but that's me.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by netcbc
I hear you, I bought my 03 in 04 but m3 pricing is soo tempting these days (e46 M) but the M seems to be getting played out just like the G coupes these days ooh well

There are alot of problems w/ the G (every car has its problems tho...I guess) but price its going for these days it kind of makes it a good buy

Old 09-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Cons-Dealer service is so so and costs too much. Problems go unfixed or re-appear after repair.
Stereo is not reliable and it is expensive to go aftermarket or fix out of warranty.
Car is NARROW, so if you have a fat ***+fat *** girlfriend, get a buick.
I will not list problems already listed in this thread, they are pretty consistent and I had my share of them.
Pros-huge availability of parts for DYI, small things aside it is reliable.
Handling is great, but is does not inspire driving at the limit.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Darqfallen

Did you want autotragic or 6 speed?

The big question i suppose would be ... What do you want out of the car?

hey, thats mean!! I have an automatic.... 2003 baby.. and I'm loving it.. When you purchase your car... make sure you think about what you will do with it in the future and not what you will do with it presently.

I originally wanted the 2006 for keyless start (automatic) ... my girl doesn't drive manual so it wasn't a choice for me... and nothing makes me more happier then to see my sexy gal behind a sexy G .. but... ended up picking up an 2003 and using the money I saved towards mods..

also, if your getting a higher year.. then you will have warranty.. but if you are planning on FI.. it will void your warranty..making it useless.. If your gonna change the paint, don't bother with the small cracks and chips on the G your purchasing... if your going to upgrade your audio system you don't need to worry about the 03-04 **** stereo. If your going to change the interior.. dont' bother spending money on an 06+ interior

these are just some pointers... just make a very logical choice and think twice. Don't let the pricetags get to you.. and if your going to be modding your G which most G drivers do once the MOD bug hits them... then add atleast a good 5Gs to the pricetag of your new car (wheels, stereo, system etc.)

Good Luck with the purchase..

My buddy has links to auctions so if your serious.. maybe I can ask him.. i'll be making a cut though :P Time is money ye know you'll still get it cheaper then any other dealer out there..

I know i didn't really post any Pros and Cons but.. there are just way too many Pros for me to LIST!!

Last edited by t7n7; 09-04-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:13 PM
^Too many pros? That's cuz you just got the car not long ago.... Say that again after a year of ownership .

Old 09-04-2009, 11:43 PM
^I've had mine for just over a year. Sure, the honeymoon is over but I'd agree, lots of pros and cons are merely nuisances.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:14 AM
Did you want autotragic or 6 speed?
Originally Posted by t7n7
hey, thats mean!!
I forced my GF to learn standard by making her buy a standard car.
Then she had no excuse. And neither should you

Old 09-05-2009, 02:47 AM
Pro: It's awesome
Con: It still can use more awesome.

The question you posed has so many points its hard to put it in a pro / con list.

It all depends on what kind of money you want to put into it, and which style you like.

Do you want a coupe or sedan?
Do you like the 03-06 or the 07-08 model sedans?

Did you want all wheel drive? Did you want autotragic or 6 speed?
OEM Navigation or aftermarket?

The big question i suppose would be ... What do you want out of the car?
Im looking for a coupe
03 - 06 with brembos

i prefer rwd plannin on makin it my dd and track. has to be 6 spd
oem or aftermarket navi doesnt matter to me

what i want out of the car is to get a feel how the way it handles, the power, the way it takes corners, etc. etc. but i wouldnt know until I go out for a few test drives.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pro's and Con's about G35