Canada Serving Canada.

Pro's and Con's about G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 04:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by t7n7
hey, thats mean!! I have an automatic.... 2003 baby.. and I'm loving it.. When you purchase your car... make sure you think about what you will do with it in the future and not what you will do with it presently.

I originally wanted the 2006 for keyless start (automatic) ... my girl doesn't drive manual so it wasn't a choice for me... and nothing makes me more happier then to see my sexy gal behind a sexy G .. but... ended up picking up an 2003 and using the money I saved towards mods..

also, if your getting a higher year.. then you will have warranty.. but if you are planning on FI.. it will void your warranty..making it useless.. If your gonna change the paint, don't bother with the small cracks and chips on the G your purchasing... if your going to upgrade your audio system you don't need to worry about the 03-04 **** stereo. If your going to change the interior.. dont' bother spending money on an 06+ interior

these are just some pointers... just make a very logical choice and think twice. Don't let the pricetags get to you.. and if your going to be modding your G which most G drivers do once the MOD bug hits them... then add atleast a good 5Gs to the pricetag of your new car (wheels, stereo, system etc.)

Good Luck with the purchase..

My buddy has links to auctions so if your serious.. maybe I can ask him.. i'll be making a cut though :P Time is money ye know you'll still get it cheaper then any other dealer out there..

I know i didn't really post any Pros and Cons but.. there are just way too many Pros for me to LIST!!
thanks for the tips man!

i would agree with Darqfallen, i'd make my girl learn how to drive 6spd; i love it when girls knows how to a stick lol

im goin to be lookin for a 03 - 04 black on black with brembo's, I not worried about the small dings and stone chips when I purchase the car. yeah im plannin on changing the stereo system and replace it with a in dash instead. im not to worried about the interior, I'll eventually buy bucket seats for it and start gettin sideways.

I dont really know what are the plans for the tuning area, just to start off im thinking about gettin a full exhaust system and a intake. the coilovers, rims, system, etc. are going to come along eventually.

well right now Im still saving up for a G (just started a new job about 3 weeks ago) but thanks for letting me know bro if anything I'll pm you about the auction when Im in the market

Old 09-05-2009, 01:50 PM
The back window of the coupe has no wiper!!!! Lol

Old 09-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^why would it need a wiper? Only vans, Suv's or hatchbacks with no "traditional trunks" have a wiper. LOL

Old 09-05-2009, 10:01 PM
There's wipers on the back of the 350Z and it's DAMN useful!!

Old 09-05-2009, 11:15 PM
its sall good man, i dont need a back wiper.. i'll still be able to see

Old 11-25-2009, 05:42 PM
I started teaching my girl how to drive stick on a 2002 maxima 6 speed and she finds it way easier to drive the G, and she loves to drive stick now....which is a problem because I dont wanna driver her Jeep.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by XuperXero
There's wipers on the back of the 350Z and it's DAMN useful!!
Thinking of installing one. It's the only way I get to see any coupes!

Old 11-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
LOL, don't you see em when your approaching, or are your eyes closed and you cheeks squeezed to get that extra push?

Old 11-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
sad thing is I go back to NA you will be faster because you have the intake spacer

Pro it can be insanely fast when modded

Con I have spent enought money to buy a R35 and I still don't have a car that runs.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Because some of us coupe drivers break our cars and have to stop and pick up parts like splash gaurds

Old 11-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Luckily i havent had any of the issues you guys have with parts....

got the dealer warranty 4yrs, 48k or something....03 coupe...
price was good at the time, autostick....
thought about the "future" so i said the hell with it...keep it auto.stick...
luckily i did, the wifey hates manual..so it worked out...

Pros - *chicks jock it, everybody likes it, but dont be an ASSH*** in it... Sexy car, looks great, sounds good stock...simple mods (rims,drop..) done...
Cons - luggage space, sucks on long drives (feels compact), tires wear fast, PAINT sucks!!! i had a small chip, went to the pressure touchless wash, bam size of a dime now!! my passenger doof handle cap fell off, and the whole thing came off...yet to fix...
u gott know how to pack the car like your playing TETRIS...or else the only thing you're bringing along is a bottled water for the cup holder....every car has problems....i think the 1st Gen will be a classic style, yet everyone is copying it....

I love my G, either that or an M3....and those have a big recall right now 99-05/06 E46 chassis...rear suspension plates/sheet metal tears off from all the rear torque....

Old 11-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by red35
Because some of us coupe drivers break our cars and have to stop and pick up parts like splash gaurds
LOL, I remember that very well.

Gord, are you seriously thinking of going back to NA? (well you can't have your spacer back ) If you part out, you should use the $$ to have Sasha build you a ST kit.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:09 PM
I don't have the tire wear problem on my G.
I love the handling on the G notice a huge difference when I'm in my Mazda.
Also love the Brembo's they are awesome.
Also the head turning factor and compliments. The G Coupe was a well sculpted design that draws attention. A BMW of any model rarely turns a head nor do most Vettes, but someone will always look at a G Coupe and say what is that it? looks fine. JMO

Old 01-05-2010, 12:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good thread! I am looking at a 08 G35x and wanted to find out the pros/cons of a G. Looks like most of the issues are realtively minor besides the oil leak issue with the engines. Are there oil pooling issues in the 07 and newer models? Coming from a 2nd gen TL, good to hear no major tranny failures.

How's the AWD systems on these cars for reliability?

Old 01-05-2010, 12:36 AM
One pro I did find is that you are able to fit a 40" tv into the backseat of the coupe with the seats down.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pro's and Con's about G35