Canada Serving Canada.

US G in Canada

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep, and then post the answer on here. I'm curious to know.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TroysG
I had a hell of a time getting Doner Infiniti to do my warranty work when I purchased the car from Barrie Nissan. I can't imagine the BS you'd have to put up with in Montreal. - I've had bad experiences in Montreal with basic service ie food, shopping etc -
Judging from posts - it seems that in urban centers where many infiniti dealers exist - you will get some service. When a monopoly exists in the city - good luck!

Old 11-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by G35fromTO
Yep, and then post the answer on here. I'm curious to know.
Talked to Infiniti Canada. For a US model - Infiniti North America (ie US) still assumes the warranty - therefore the limits are the actual US ones. Infiniti Canada cannot access information on a US car VIN from their systems.

However - she said that if I have any problems with any dealer that Infiniti Canada takes care of it (or at least gets involved). This point came out of the blue as I never went there. So I guess they probably do get some complaints about it.

For the warranty to be valid in Canada, the car has to have been registered in the US for a period of at least 6 months after it was bought new. This is the same for Nissan I believe.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
Yea they hate US cars and the service departments would rather work on cars they sold so you make the bottom of the list. I have also heard that there is no warranty on US cars in Canada I am not 100% sure on that try a search.
I've already got some warranty work done on mine and I've received great service including a loaner. I recommend Luciani (Meridien) Infiniti for those with US cars in Montreal.

I've got a warranty item fixed without even a scheduled appointment within 1 day. Showed up first thing in the morning and had my car by 5 pm (got a loaner for the day and beyond just in case).

Old 01-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The Infinity dealers up here in Canada want you to buy your new infinity from them and not from the USA, that is why any vehicle brought up from the USA must be registered there for at least six months, you can only buy one used. It protects the dealer in Canada from the lower USA prices.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:33 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by TheG35Dude
The Infinity dealers up here in Canada want you to buy your new infinity from them and not from the USA, that is why any vehicle brought up from the USA must be registered there for at least six months, you can only buy one used. It protects the dealer in Canada from the lower USA prices.

I-N-F-I-N-I-T-I no "Y" at the end. Its a pet peeve of mine when people own one and still get it wrong.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by TheG35Dude
Well so far so good.

Items done under warranty on my US car:

1) Some CAM shaft sensors
2) New engine due to oil consumption
3) Belts
4) News hood hinges

I really can't complain.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:46 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
+1

Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
I-N-F-I-N-I-T-I no "Y" at the end. Its a pet peeve of mine when people own one and still get it wrong.