Canada Serving Canada.

What you do/ have to offer...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 01:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, I'm a Civil Engineer at the Toronto airport. From a practical perspective if you are doing any reno's around your house I might be able to give you some insight on best construction practices to make sure the contractor doesn't take short cuts. My expertise is pavements but I could help you out in other areas. My wife is a OAA Architect and could also put her two cents in ... she usually does!

When it comes to cars I can do the usual oil changes, brakes, tires but not much else but willing to learn. My Dad was an mechanic for 15 years and a Realator for 25 years.

Chris.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:01 PM
hi, I'm an IT guy for a financial / insurance corporation. More specifically, I crunch data
and turn them into reports. Really exciting stuff (not).

But what I can offer is sound advice if you're into fantasy basketball. haha!

Old 07-20-2010, 11:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a BSc in Computer Science and is a certified VMware Professional (VCP).

I'm a systems engineer at a data protection company. I also do networking, SAN, virtualization and such. If your company needs their data protected and secured in a off site datacentre I can hook that up too. I am looking to move up in different company at the moment.

I'm not much of a mechanic but I'm keen on keeping my car clean. I will be purchasing detailing tools soon (buffer, clay bars, pads, polish, wax.. you get the idea). I intend to keep my G shiny in a proper fashion. If anyone else is interested we can learn together also get some discount on gears.

Cheers,
Kevin

Old 07-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Playa24_7
I'm currently an IT manager at a company looking after their 7 locations in Cambridge, Kitchener-Waterloo, Brantford, Oakville, Hamilton, Burlington, and Mississauga. I look after our fiber optic network, our 3 e-commerce websites, and all the tech. hardware and systems for the company. If you have any questions pertaining to networks, PCs, or any IT stuff I can usually help you out lol.
By chance this company you work for is Atria Networks?

Old 10-31-2010, 09:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm a general contractor, specialize in home renovations.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:56 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by akoustic
I can't recall if Dan works at Atria, but I work with Atria somewhat often haha.

I haven't updated this in a while...

I work at a family owned audio company, we do live sound and production (no car audio, home audio etc) we do mainly rentals and installs but have a full retail front. So if you even need headphones, mics, speakers whatever give me a shout.

I also roll fenders do install and paint headlights on the side, but most of you guys know that already.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I am a fire inspector/ investigator with the city. Any fire advise needed in terms of fire code or building code related issues or questions i can help you out.

I also do some fire protection work on the side, monthly and annual tests on fire and life safety systems, fire safety plans, extinguishers, etc.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by akoustic
I don't work for them, but awesome guess.

We do use Atria for our fiber connections though.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Currently work at RBC as a Sr. HR Business Analyst.
In reality I work with various HR related systems, mainly SAP, and manage the data that goes in and out. Biggest part of the job is making sure that the hierarchy (reporting relationships) are aligned and all checks and balances are in place.

Also, just because I work in HR does not mean I can just get you a job contrary to what most people believe!!
I can however assist you if you find a job opening and you are qualified.

Further, I have a lot of knowledge when it comes to Television's (Used to wholesale Samsung TV's) as well as any general home eletronics. Love building my own computers so have pretty good knowledge in that area too.

Lastly, I am a sport fenatic and have been playin soccer all my life, if anyone is down for pickup or need an extra person I am always down to play!!

When it comes to cars...well...I did a lot of work on my Acura Integra when I was a teen but nothing engine related just some simple deck installations, intake, window motors, speakers and other smaller jobs. I am very careful with my G and have yet to bring a screwdriver near it but that may change.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:31 PM
I am carpenter by trade but now mostly focusing on contracting and not actually doing the physical labor I also did concrete work (pattern, exposed aggregate, regular finish) for a concrete company for over 4 years in the past. I own my own business and I do mostly residential renovations and construction for basements, bathrooms, kitchens, custom carpentry work, finish carpentry work(crown molding, trim, custom doors/windows etc) and decks and fences in the summer.

On the side, I also work at my friends used car dealership when business is "slower" and I have extra time and I invest into real estate, either new/retro developments, rental properties and complete house flips.

Anyone do any real estate investing? I could always use more business partners! Or mortgage brokers who can think outside of the box! Or anyone involved in the real estate business!

Old 07-21-2011, 12:25 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Currently an Insurance Adjuster with a large Home/Auto provider. I have experience with Auto claims and smaller Property claims (<$20K) within the province of Ontario. Shoot me a PM if you want to discuss past & present claims. I will NOT discuss "future" claims with you (a.k.a. Fraud). Things I can help you with may include: fault determination, coverage issues, tactics when negotiating a write-off, potential policy limitations...etc.

Previous experience as & knowledge in:
-Retail Credit Analyst (ex. Best Buy credit cards)
-Lawn care & weed control
-Photoshop (Basic-Intermediate)

Old 07-29-2011, 03:50 AM
^ can you tell me why State Farm is Terrible? and tell me how to fix it?

Old 07-29-2011, 08:54 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
^ can you tell me why State Farm is Terrible? and tell me how to fix it?
...switch to one of the other hundred companies.
I was a S.F. customer for 10years and they screwed me over (sort of) when I was back in college. I switched and I never looked back.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Yea as soon as policy is up I'm done with them. They have been increasing my premium without notice and then they blame it on government taxes and alterations. Yet nobody else has been seeing these increases with their companies..... weird eh?

Desjardins looks to be best.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Yea as soon as policy is up I'm done with them. They have been increasing my premium without notice and then they blame it on government taxes and alterations. Yet nobody else has been seeing these increases with their companies..... weird eh?

Desjardins looks to be best.
Yes, weird. Mine has actually been decreasing, gradually. It goes down as my age increases.
You may have read what I wrote in one of the other threads...I was really surprised that mine dropped another $10/mo when I switch from a 4year old X to a new S 6MT. I honestly expected the opposite. I pay around $900/year now, with TD Meloche Monnex. They always notify us well in advance, of all future changes. They have also been very easy to deal with for a couple home and auto claims we have made over the past 10 years with them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What you do/ have to offer...