Canada Serving Canada.

Drive safely out there

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drive safely out there

Just read about this today, made me just remember how many people are driving these in winters nowadays and might not be aware of the possibilities . RIP to the 2 occupants:

WINNIPEG — Police say two young men have died after their car struck a hydro pole at high speed on Bishop Grandin Boulevard around 11:30 p.m. last night.

Const. Jacqueline Chaput said four men in their early 20s were in the vehicle when it crashed while travelling westbound approaching River Road. The driver apparently lost control of the vehicle and veered into the ditch. One of the survivors is in stable condition and the other is in serious condition, with non-life threatening injuries.

The two men that died in the crash were lifelong friends, said Chaput, adding they were originally from rural Manitoba.

"The vehicle was absolutely totalled. It does appear at this point that the vehicle was travelling in excess of the (80 km/h) speed limit," Chaput said, noting it was too early to tell if alcohol was a factor.

The vehicle is believed to be a newer, blue Infinity G35 two-door coupe. It was torn in half by the impact, a witness told the Free Press.

The westbound lanes of Bishop Grandin have now reopened.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...-81063812.html

I would like to think speed/alcohol wasn't a factor, but the pictures definately would seem to indicate. One of the guys on the local forums reported that the driver was going about 150 KM/H before the rear tires lost grip momentarily, followed by the car swerving into a ditch rolling over and going into the pole.

Drive safe out there guys and remember the vehicle you are driving is not a winter AWD supercar.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Holy ****!!!!

Old 01-09-2010, 07:01 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Good advice, Asad.
Sad story. RIP to the victims.
Colin.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Wow. Thats unfortunate. RIP

Old 01-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Dam that's sad to see and read bout this...look like he still had summers on...R.I.P to the victims

Old 01-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Jesus christ..

Old 01-10-2010, 01:09 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
150km/h seems exaggerating, how can u speed that much with summers on on that road, seems like road conditions and driving caused

i remember a member from winnipeg was selling his g35 exactly same color, on our forums.i hope im remembering wrong. RIP for those who lost their lives.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:16 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jesus H. unbelievable destruction. if you want to push the limit, you gotta pick the right time and place. icy winter roads would not be one of those times. look what happens.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:31 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
last year i spinned on muddy road with my g on a straight line(dunno how it happened), decided winter is no good for rear wheel drive as my car is on hibernation.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:45 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
That's crazy stuff. RIP...

Old 01-10-2010, 03:52 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kind of dont want to sound like a dick but that looks photoshoped.. speaking of driving safe i just hit a ****ing MOOSE tonight my babys all messed up

Old 01-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
WOW!
Is this anyone on here?

Old 01-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Msedanman
Good advice, Asad.
Sad story. RIP to the victims.
Colin.

+1

My sentiments too.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Unreal, and very sad. It's a shame that a momentary lapse in judgement can take your life. Drive safe folks.

Old 01-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by johnnyzee
WOW!
Is this anyone on here?
Not that I personally know of. The 2 individuals who passed away from the incident are from a rural community outside of Winnipeg. There are 2 survivors from the accident currently admitted into the hospital (one in life threatening and other one in non-emergency).

^The two deceased individuals.

A friend of two men who were killed in a car crash on Friday says he is still in shock from the news.

"It just made me sick knowing something could have been prevented," says Matt Wiepjes.

He says he hopes the tragedy will serve as a reminder for others to slow down.

"If they're driving be careful, keep your eyes on the road, mind the limits," Wiepjes says.

Adam Gattinger, 21, along with three other friends, was driving near River Road at around 11:30 p.m. when he lost control, struck a ditch and smashed into a hydro pole, say police.

The impact from the collision was so strong that the car split into two parts, killing Gattinger and 20-year-old passenger Tyler Musey instantly.

The friends were originally from Swan River, Manitoba.

Although the investigation is in its initial stages, officers say speed may be a factor and both deaths could have been prevented.

"I know the speed is 80 km an hour there," says Constable Jacqueline Chaput of the Winnipeg Police Service. "It does appear the vehicle was travelling in excess of that speed."

Police are now trying to determine if road conditions and alcohol played a role in the accident.

The driver was heading westbound on Bishop Grandin Boulevard

"The vehicle did sustain significant damage, it was absolutely totalled," says Chaput.

Loved ones say Musey was a quiet man who could make anyone laugh. He was working in Winnipeg at his father's ATM company.

The other two crash victims are being treated in hospital. One is in serious but non life-threatening condition and the other is in stable condition.

The Central Traffic Unit is investigating.
http://winnipeg.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...b=WinnipegHome

Can't even imagine how the parents/family must be feeling for having a close one lost at such a young age due to an irresponsible decision.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drive safely out there