Canada Serving Canada.

Importing Parts from the US into Canada

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 02:14 AM
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
900?

ill write there damaged, ones been bent, and that there cheap replicas in the ad? lol

o man, why do i have a feeling im going to be paying over a bill for duties

Old 03-19-2010, 07:50 AM
Received 350 Likes on 232 Posts
honestly, its a lot better to just pay a bill for duties than to be blacklisted for lying to customs. If you're on their list, they search u thoroughly every time...plus your brown, so they'll search you extra hard next time

Old 03-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
My boy bought a front lip and rear bumper and went to customs with a tracking number and paid himself. He paid 800 shipped for bumper and lip and only paid 40$ for duties.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Received 114 Likes on 50 Posts
Its much better if you have your items shipped expedited. The UPS guy actually recommended it to me when he came to the door last and told me I could have saved 80 off of 250 bc it comes in by air! If you want to stay safe that is! haha! Can always go Geeriders route and stuff the sub box!

Old 03-31-2010, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the great insight from everyone.

Just to follow up, I had emailed Canada Customs and asked them a few questions and they finally responded today. I'm not sure if this really adds anything or not, I haven't had a chance to go though it all yet, but I thought I would post it as I figured it couldn't hurt:

Goods imported into Canada through the mail or by courier may be subject to duties and taxes in the same manner as goods imported by other means.

Canada Post charges a handling fee of $5 for the customs clearance of dutiable goods imported by mail.

When goods are imported by courier, the courier company often uses the services of a licensed customs broker for customs clearance. The fees for these services may be included in the cost of shipment, or they may be charged separately. Fees charged by customs brokers are not regulated by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). If you have questions about the customs brokerage fees that may be charged on a courier shipment, we suggest you enquire with the courier company before using their services.

Further information on mail and courier imports can be found on the CBSA Web site at the following URLs:

Postal Program - Importing by Mail
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/po.../menu-eng.html

The Courier Low Value Shipment Program
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/co.../menu-eng.html

Rates of duty vary according to the goods you are importing, the country where the goods were made, and the country from which you are importing them. To inquire about a tariff classification, a statistical classification number (10 digits), or a tariff treatment, including rates of duty, please consult the Customs Tariff at the following URL:

http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/trade-commerc.../menu-eng.html

Before you consult the Web site, you should have the following information ready:

- A complete and accurate description of the goods, including the material or materials they are made from;

- How the goods will be used in Canada, as their use may reduce or eliminate the duty;

- The name of the country in which the goods were manufactured; and

- The name of the country from which the goods were shipped/imported directly to Canada.

If, after consulting our Web site, you require assistance in determining a tariff classification or rate of duty, please call our Border Information Service (BIS) with the above information.

You can access the BIS line free of charge throughout Canada by calling 1-800-461-9999. If you are calling from outside Canada, you can access the BIS line by calling 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064 (long-distance charges will apply). If you call during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. local time, Monday to Friday, except holidays), you can speak directly to an agent by pressing "0" at any time.

We hope this information is useful to you. Thank you for contacting the Canada Border Services Agency.

Internet: www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca
E-mail: cbsa-asfc@canada.gc.ca

Canada Border Services Agency
Ottawa, ON K1A 0L8

Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

Old 03-31-2010, 07:14 PM
i bought a single LH side 05 sedan tail light off ebay,
for 90$ and 30 for shipping, and 50$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for customs.....
170USD, mehhhhhhh

Old 03-31-2010, 07:15 PM
still an alrite price i guess