Canada Serving Canada.

Those Nazi Bastards at Beyond.ca

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 12:54 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
So I thought I had gotten rid of these damn wheels. My daughter's friend's Dad came by to pick her up on the Sunday weekend before last so I said to him "Hey, Mike, want some wheels? They're yours, just get 'em outta my sight." He says okay, throws them in the back of his van and off he goes. Monday I start getting texts from a guy in St. Catharines, wanting them really bad since he bent one of his and can't find a replacement anywhere. I say I gave 'em away. He asks if Mike wants to sell them, he offers some good money for them. I say I'll talk to Mike. He offers more money. I talk to Mike.

Mike's like 'okay, I didn't really get a chance to see if I could fit them on one of my cars but if you have a buyer and are willing to do the shipping...' So I go to his place and pick them up.

It's incredibly hard to find 19" wheel boxes in this town. But at about the 6th wheel shop I got some 18s I was able to shoe-horn them into. So they are off to ON this morning, and besides paying a good dollar for the rims, the buyer is paying $80 for shipping. At least I hope he's paying, the amount hasn't hit my Paypal yet. The other wild card is that somehow one of the lips got beat to hell between here and Mike's, so I hope the buyer doesn't kvetch about that. At no point did he ask about the condition and it seems he really only needs the one, so hopefully he doesn't reverse the payment (that's if he actually sends it).

Makes me wish I'd hung onto the wheels one more day, I would have gotten enough $$ to cover the original price of the wheels and tires that came on them -- in effect, free tires for me! Oh well, Mike's family doesn't have much and they are going on a trip tomorrow they can't really afford, so the extra $$ will do some good.