Canada Serving Canada.

Trapster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trapster

Hey all, for those that haven't used it before, it's a great app for reporting speed traps and red light camera's throughout the city. I've been the Calgary moderator for awhile now and have cross-referenced every red light/speed camera in the city to ensure accuracy. Also, with trapster running while driving, it will leave a blue patrol line overlaid on the map to show other users that the coast is clear on that particular road. Trapster can be used on MOST smart phones including all blackberry's and windows mobile based phones but the most features can be had on the iphone. Another pretty neat feature is a buddy system where you can add people and see where they are in the city at any time (or when they last had trapster open). This might be useful on our meets especially since we lost a few guys last time in Red Deer on our speed run to Sylvan Lake. Also, all "frequent police traps" and "speed cameras" can be exported from trapster.com for your area as POI's for any navigation system. I have them all loaded into my Garmin and it works great to notify me upon approaching a camera. Anyways, my user name is "Kevco83" and the more people the better that use this, the less tickets we'll all pay, thus the more cool **** we can buy for our cars.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
I have this app but barely use it, just gotta drive safe to avoid all the trouble.