Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Old 05-02-2010, 10:30 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
here piggy piggy pig...

some cops have a powertrip

Old 05-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yikes, only the OPP... My brother is a City cop in Ontario and told me about the OPP pulling over 2 OPP cars that were speeding on the 401. The cars were towed as the drivers (OPP officers) were driving well in excess of the posted limit. Some news chanel did a story and stated that the ordeal cost tax payers close to $10,000 in the end. Christ OPP!

However, i'd like to read the Mini story from a more reliable source. Autoblog seems to leave details out or embelish facts.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
If they were speeding then the cops werent doing anything wrong. Sometimes one person ruins it for everyone

Old 05-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
well the OPP came to the race track yesterday just looking for an excuse to write us ticket when we all were parking right outside the track. he actually tried to write a 3 series sedan a reckless driving ticket (because he i think slide and somewhere he had grass stuck on his front bumper, there was no witness so they couldnt find a way to write a ticket)

thank God lot of us are aware enough to not go close to being ticketed. I always hate how OPP officers act and behave like they are above the law. they make regular police officers angels

definitely having kids with you driving there does not make their speeding ticket waived. but i went to their forum and those drivers claim there were no kids in any of the car. but some of them admitted they were going lil bit over the limit but they all denied they werent going 30-40km over.

besides one of them has radar detector(illegal). anyways, i remember some nissan gtr idiots back in the day did idotic stuff on highway but get hammered by the police , fun time

Old 05-03-2010, 12:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sure OPP figures that in any car cruise that sometimes competition and testosterone get the best of some people and they start speeding but I wouldn't be surprised if they got setup at the 100 to 90 drop.... OPP definitely have the attitude...

I've seen a few cars being pulled over this past weekend, all subies lol..... that car is like a cop magnet..... they were modified, lowered black hood and trunk, etc.....

makes me question if i should trade in for an evo/sti......

knock on wood**.. I've never once got pulled over in my G even with cops near me and even couple times super lucky being on markham road going 10-15 over and they had their speed guns out not sure if it was ready or not...... anyway in my previous riced out civic i was getting pulled over at least once or every other month for about a year..... for small things like one headlight out or just random check stops, etc..... surprised they went after mini's, even heavily modified they don't look that menacing.....

Old 05-03-2010, 01:12 AM
i wish i was back home where speed limits where a suggestion haha...

i went to ottawa and back in one day last friday and i had a cop (non opp) behind me when i was going over the limit with a few other cars, all he did was use his siren when we all opened way for him.

Trending Topics

Old 05-03-2010, 06:38 AM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
I suppose on one hand the whole mention of having the kids involved... If they're out of their seats or the cars are actually driving irresponsibly... Going to be honest- I'm not all that fussed about them getting pulled over and nailed for it.

If any of that is true, of course.

I mean we had our meet about a month ago and okay... maaaaaaaaaaybe a couple guys (not including me at all- I was too busy dodging rocks from swivel's tires) got heavy footed and possibly edged over the speedlimit by about- oh I don't know- maybe 50-60kph... on an open road with no kids on board. Then again, if we'd been caught- I'd have fully expected to get pulled over, whether we were out for charity (mine, in that case) or not.

I'd like to know if the cop at the beginning said "open it up boys, smooth sailing ahead" and everyone got nailed. Seems to me if that were the case then he'd have something to answer to what with him potentially endangering the kids. Then again, I suppose a lot of that is left open to interpretation.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:02 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Not a great outcome for either party.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Speeding is speeding, and as Eno pointed out most of us are guilty at one time or another BUT it does seem like a bit of dirty pool by the OPP.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is crap to set them up on a charity cruise. I am fully aware that I speed I and I take that chance - if I get caught, that is my problem (hence I don't mind photo radar - only $$ not points!!). I wonder exactly what the 'first' opp officer said.......

Old 05-06-2010, 12:47 AM
its all for the money they are not saving anyone's life going 120 on a 90. anyone here doing 120 thinking "omg im going to crash?"

i think that newer cars are better in every way then older cars so they handle better, stop better, accelerate easier. most of these speed limits really were made at a time where cars were worse then they are today. the first speeding ticket is like 12 mph i think lol... so an upgrade in making the speed limit a bit more at least on the hwy in the next few years would be nice, but im sure not in ontario cuz they are making enough money on other ppls expense. having a g we should all know its hard going 40kph, feels like walking is faster... so coming home at 2pm ish last nite a cop was clocking me on a 30kph zone.... there was no one around i wonder whos life he was trying to save clocking me going 40-50. he never pulled me over cuz i slowed down but it seemed like he wanted to.