Canada Serving Canada.

Everybody wants to be rich!.........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Everybody wants to be rich!.........

A friend of mine who I haven't seen nor heard from in cover a year calls me with another "business opportunity" this one's called Mona - vie, its $35. bucks for a Bottle that will last you a week if you drink it like its recommended. Like Amway its a marketing Pyramid that ones you get X amount of people you start to make money. I (of course) said NO mainly because of the reasons that I have to go around and chase people to join which IMO is pathetic, for example my buddy.........he hasn't seen me in over a year he bought a new house told me about it but never invited my family or for even a drink now after this time he gets into this and he wants me to come over for a presentation, this offends me the most above all because a "real" friend keeps in touch and if he can't at least call me and say "its been a while we should go out for a drink or come by we have to catch up" then maybe show me what your into, don't call me after a year of not speaking and tell me to come to a presentation. Same thing happened to me and another friend of mine we get invited to the ACN meetings (separate locations) and both of us found because we said no we were looked at a different way like we didn't wanna support their so called "dream"

What happened to buying stuff from the store don't these people realize your not going to make a killing on this because eventually you'll run out of people who will join, you may make some extra cash but nothing significant that you will be able to start buying cars and going on trips even retiring early and most of all you have to hold weekly presentations in your home. What are your thoughts and have any of you joined?

Old 08-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Sounds like the typical pyramid scam Roy.
You did the right thing.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 458 Likes on 237 Posts
Dang, it was slow to travel up north. MonaVie was huge in Socal like 2 years ago. It was supposed to cure any illness....blah blah blah.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Actually a guy I'm working with was selling the stuff too- I'm pretty sure the product is okay... too bad it's mired by the unattractive marketing angle.

Old 08-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by ITNKICN
Actually a guy I'm working with was selling the stuff too- I'm pretty sure the product is okay... too bad it's mired by the unattractive marketing angle.

+1 it seems good and it gets good reviews but you won't be able to buy a bottle without the person hounding you to join up.....shame.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
I always laught at the suckers with the pyramids....but I also paid a crap load of money to get the wife into selling Arbon products. That was one where i told her it was stupid but she insisted....so when it failed I owned her for quite awhile and I will never have to help with another sales project

Old 08-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A sucker is born every minute. Pyramid schemes will never go away.

A friend I had not seen in awhile told me he was looking for some help, supplying nutrient bars to athletes. Went to a presentation which would cover the bars etc. After 5 minutes of being in there, I knew what was up. At the end when it was Q&A time, man did I rip into the guy. If people there didn't know what was going on, they sure did at the end of it

Old 08-25-2010, 10:15 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A friend of mine tried to suck me into Amway. Went to a few meetings, **** wasnt gonna fly. But what I did learn, is Amway has a good, very progressive aggressive buisness plan. I cant lie, it works. For immigrants. They are the only people who can get anywhere in the buisness during these times, the rest of us have to work MORE than a typical 9-5 job to get ANYWHERE at all.

The big talk that companies such as Amway put on can only last for a certain time with a select group of persons. But by the time that specific group exhausts their abilities to use the Amway buisness plan, another will take its place. As sommers said, a sucker is born every minute. The only way the pyramid scheme as a whole will die off is if humanity itself goes with it. Or vice versa.