Canada Serving Canada.

Moditis

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Moditis

Damn you!

I have to be careful of what could potentially void my warranty, after all I do have bumper-bumper for another 3 years!

You know what would be sweet? If I could get a list of mods I want to do, get them checked and approved/failed by the dealer...in writing

Old 10-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
In writing? You're an optimist...

I'm going to put my K&N intake from the G35 onto the G37 though... Open intakes plus 6MT= ROAR!

Old 10-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ive had it for 6 years, and counting. Dont think it'll be gone soon either.

The dealership isnt going to clear anything. Wheels tires brakes suspension are some of the things you CAN do without them completely turning it against you.

Whatever you do so choose to go through with, just make sure its easy enough to switch back to factory. Just in case.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Oh, a few buddies are gonna cruise this sat. Anyone's welcome.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by msommers
Oh, a few buddies are gonna cruise this sat. Anyone's welcome.
where are you cruising?

Old 10-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Probably the same run I did last week. None of these guys have done it before (I don't think so anyways) and it was pretty fun. Not sure if I'll do highway 40 again but I guess we'll see what everyone wants to do.

We'll be meeting at the McDicks across from COP at 11am on saturday.

P.S. I still haven't put those 2500k H1's in yet lol.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Damn you!

I have to be careful of what could potentially void my warranty, after all I do have bumper-bumper for another 3 years!

You know what would be sweet? If I could get a list of mods I want to do, get them checked and approved/failed by the dealer...in writing
I just dont understand wanting to mod and being worried about warranty??

I bought my car in the summer of 05 then in 06 starting modding it with suspension stuff, headers, exhaust, intake,plenum spacer and utec. Then in 08 decided to go FI. I never thought about the warranty. If you want to mod its the price you pay i guess.

Sorry for the rant its just my thoughts on wanting to mod and being worried about a warranty. I always wonder why people are worried about it.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

P.S. I still haven't put those 2500k H1's in yet lol.
that was the fist thing i did when i got home!! they look pretty good IMO.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well you just have to put the mods all on and if something goes wrong switch it back to oem and take it in. I wish to be afflicted by this moditis, but the ten months of winter are coming up quick and I would sure like an oil/gas job to help the mod fund.

Last edited by bomberman447; 10-07-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by red35
I just dont understand wanting to mod and being worried about warranty??

I bought my car in the summer of 05 then in 06 starting modding it with suspension stuff, headers, exhaust, intake,plenum spacer and utec. Then in 08 decided to go FI. I never thought about the warranty. If you want to mod its the price you pay i guess.

Sorry for the rant its just my thoughts on wanting to mod and being worried about a warranty. I always wonder why people are worried about it.
Ya, it's understandable to feel that way. But for me, oil consumption is a very real issue and any sort of hassle of getting a new block I wish to avoid; valve covers I'm sure as well. Both of these would be otherwise very expensive jobs that quite frankly, shouldn't be problems in the first place. So why spend the money if you don't have to. Unless of course we're talking about a major overhaul with forged pistons, stand alone management, upgraded this and that to see some noticeable gains, but that's literally thousands and thousand I don't have to spend - definitely a want

Additionally, I have to take into account how long I actually want this car for and how much I'm willing to take as an additional loss (from modding or out of warranty work) coupled with the overall depreciation factor of the vehicle itself.

Matt

Old 10-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
^^ If I were you, I'd get the oil consumption thing tested/fixed/settled over this winter while you accumulate mods to go on in the spring. Then have a warranty-burning, I mean, mod meet.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:56 PM
I was thinking that as well, Wayne. I was also considering getting a new PCV valve, 2 catch cans and cleaning the plenums out and try to 'catch it early' before buildup starts. With so much uncertainty around the new blocks actually fixing anything, I'm kind of reluctant to bother. Still gotta check my plugs though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.