Pulled over... North Victoria. :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 03:39 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Pulled over... North Victoria. :(

Eh guys.

Well- I know it was about time... Haven't been pulled over once since I got the G last September and being the realist I knew I was about due.

It was about 9 o'clock at night and I was heading home in the rain and it was quite dark. Pulled up to a stop light and a cop van from Saanich Police drives by... taps his brakes and then stops beside the intersection. I make my turn and he pulls in behind me. Lights me up. Great.

I see a lot of folks in here ragging on the police... and it's usually warranted by the sounds of it. But, I think I should give credit where it's due. This officer was very polite and almost appologetic because he was originally going to ding me for not having a front plate and then saw I was from Alberta (where we don't need one.) He also gave me a verbal on the tint and said though it wasn't too bad, he said at the very least it was going to lead to me getting pulled over more often. He was pleasant enough and I think I was downright charming as well (and looked great with my LED accent lighting!). And no, I didn't pull out the firefighter card.

Usually the young guys come off pretty punchy and when you meet them in the middle with it they feel justified and crank up the throttle on you. Older guys are usually a bit more relaxed unless you're cranky with them and before you know it you're in the clink for half a dozen things you didn't do.

This was a young-ish officer and I think he was really professional and courteous.

Just wanted to post this as a reminder to everyone that they're not ALL bad.

Old 10-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Good to hear.
I have had some good experiences with the Popo around my area. They have let me go with a warning more than once.

Old 10-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Good to hear from you Eno. We miss your monkey azz out here.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:08 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by ITNKICN

Just wanted to post this as a reminder to everyone that they're not ALL bad.
98% is close enough to all bad for me I had my trainee driving us for the last few weeks and he got a ticket 105 in a 80zone (gravel road) the ***** never even knocked it down at all usually they cut a guy a 5-10km/hr break due to radar not being 100% accurate. *****!!!

On Friday my friend had 25L of race gas that he wouldn't use this year (his car is still waiting on a engine) so he said I could have it. I dumped it in and headed to town I was out looking for trouble a couple JDM Supras around town think they are quick...i planned to show them otherwise . Anyway I was taking it easy through town on my way out to the local ricer hang out out side of town. I came over a hill and there was a check stop, the same check spot that they have got red35 and my self twice before once in his R32 and once when I was driving his G35. Anyway it is down a hill so I clutch in and roll down they narrow 4 lanes down to one and funnel you through and pick you out of there I thought with my camo hood they might not even spot me!!!. As I am rolling slowly I know they are going to pull me over and go through my car with a fine tooth comb (i have nothing illegal not even tint) as I am rolling through about 10-15 officers they all stop what they are doing and stare at me my car is idling it cant be loud why are they all staring every single one of them had a car stopped already I just rolled through and kept on going . However I ended my quest looking for trouble the way they all stopped and stared I knew if they found me out cruising later they would love to pull me over. So I hit up the road we do our Alberta cruises on and carved some hard corners stopped, launched a few times and called it a night.

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 10-25-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:16 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Good to hear. I've only been pulled over a few times in my life, but all of my experiences with LEOs have been positive, whether I got a ticket or not. I am sure there are some dickweeds out there with a badge though. Then again, d!ckweeds exist in every profession.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Nice to hear. I agree there's several good officers but many worse as well. Overall my experiences usually are not the best but i do know some really cool officers as well so again i guess i can't stereotype and say cause of some bad experiences that all officers are bad.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mostly good experiences here. A couple times a warning only (I made some good excuses and was very nice). Another time it was knocked down (I think he felt sorry for me - I was young and it was an unmarked cop). There was this one 'dickweed' who hopped in front of me on Airport Road about 15 years ago (I almost hit him) and then he just was very 'matter of fact' with me and gave me the full ticket (its one of those 60 zones that should be a 80 zone). Got it knocked down later with the JP anyhow. I do wish cops would focus more on reckless and dangerous driving and less on minor speeding infractions. I've only had one ticket in the last 10 years - lucky me (illegal left didn't see the sign that said no left between 7am-9am and 4pm-6:30pm - crap).

Old 10-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
illegal left turns are a bi*** , especially in dtown toronto, the moment u dont pay attention at night, there's an infraction.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
recently i got pulled over for being a 73 year old woman with a province wide warrning of not being allowed to drive due to medical reasons. the cops said sorry a few times, they punched in the wrong plate on their computer. that was my first york regional encounter.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by musti82
illegal left turns are a bi*** , especially in dtown toronto, the moment u dont pay attention at night, there's an infraction.
In my case the cop must of had 12 people pulled over and 'waiting'. What a scam.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mississaugag35x
In my case the cop must of had 12 people pulled over and 'waiting'. What a scam.
you have no idea what i saw when i challenged that ticket. the judge repeatedly said " illegal turn on richmond and spadina" for around 40-50 times easily, i stopped counting after 35. the cop showed up since he wrote all these tickets, smiling at us.

that point is where basically if u see the first green light(green arrow light pointing forward), you have to still wait for the second green light to turn left, u know just like montreal style green light (in my case i wasnt even intending to turn left, there was a cop blocked the road ahead us, i had to turn left not to get hit by street car)

i have never got such a ticket in montreal, driving there for 4 years since its the law to wait for the second green light to turn right. that light is so sneaky , im sure the officer made so much compensation for bringing this much revenue

Old 11-02-2010, 01:22 AM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
So more about this tint thing too:

Pulled up to an intersection in Sidney and coming around the corner to my left was a tanned unmarked suburban. I promptly mashed on my window button to drop them as he came around the corner and as luck would have it the light on the street he ended up on was red as well. He pulled up right alongside facing the opposite direction...

"You're not allowed to have those," he said with kind of a smile. I winced my reply, "I know." "Where's you're front plate?" "I'm from Alberta." "Oh." "Have to admit, I was pretty quick on the windows thing though, wasn't I?" He narrowed his eyes at me and I'm not sure if he was smiling or snearing when he replied with "Yeah, but not fast enough. Have a nice day."

Okay, so not sure how to interpret that as "I've got my eye on you, buddy" or "Okay, you're not a douche so we'll let it slide."

Actually, the same cop that pulled me over in my first story was at the starbucks I met up at with Mxwizard the other day... I passed by him today and pretended not to notice- mostly because I was trying to make a quick escape before he got back to the van! Gebus I've never seen so many freakin' cops around.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL i didnt realize he was at Starbucks...Seems clean living is keeping you out of trouble my friend..Maybe its that pretty red clour thats drawing their attention? Ivory pearl seems to better blend into the rainy grey weather...Take care and stay dry..