Canada Serving Canada.

Man, I Wish People Would Slow The F$%K Down!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Man, I Wish People Would Slow The F$%K Down!!

I had to go into the office for a meeting this afternoon. The weather here today is really crappy with extremely high winds and torrential rain all day. I am not sure how much rain we've gotten so far, but the forecast was for 100mm.

Anyways, on my way home there was a TON of laying water on the roads. The majority of the traffic was driving sensible (70-80km/h) however you still had people passing you like it was a beautiful sunny day on dry roads. Needless to say, I saw two single vehicle accidents on my drive home.........no doubt due to hydroplaning. Why some people refuse to adjust their speeds according to the road conditions is beyond me. The second accident that I saw was a car on it's roof in the median going in the opposite direction as me. There were local police, RCMP, and firetrucks at the scene and there was debris in both of the lanes going in my direction. The traffic was pretty much at a crawl as there was Police there directing traffic around the debris. So after coming out of the accident, and not even a single KM down the road, a Ford Escape and a Toyota Venza pass me doing at least 110km/h. How the hell do people just drive through a serious accident and not take the fvcking hint that road conditions aren't great and that they should slow down????? It baffles me, yet pisses me off at the same time!!

Old 11-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Don't get me started, LOL! It's a mystery of the universe, right up there with the nature of dark matter.

I'm sure their logic was "well, THAT really slowed me down, now I gotta make up for lost time!"

Old 11-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
People put too much faith in their "suv" awd systems. But I have to admit, my re050s were excellent in the rain. As were my micheline pilot sports and my pilot sports A/S.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
Don't get me started, LOL! It's a mystery of the universe, right up there with the nature of dark matter.

I'm sure their logic was "well, THAT really slowed me down, now I gotta make up for lost time!"
^ yep... I'm convinced that's the case Wayne.

re tires
Any tire no matter how good can only evacuate so much water.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by SwivelHips

You're probably right Wayne. It just really ANGERS me to see azzhats drive like that, especially after witnessing a serious accident. It also scares the **** out of me because azzhats like this will often lose control and take out another car with them and I don't want that car to be me with my family in it. Arrrrggghhh, this is definitely my rant for the day.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
I see you learned nothing from previous posts.

Speed doesn't hurt or kill, and it's slow drivers that cause the accidents.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Old 11-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by G35 Mass
I see you learned nothing from previous posts.

Speed doesn't hurt or kill, and it's slow drivers that cause the accidents.
Yeah, thanks to the recent "I Hate Cops" thread I've recently learned that.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The sad truth is that George Carlin was right: 'anybody driving slower than you is a moron, anybody driving faster than you is a maniac'.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
It also scares the **** out of me because azzhats like this will often lose control and take out another car with them and I don't want that car to be me with my family in it.
That's my biggest problem -- go ahead and remove yourself from the gene pool, but no need to take me with you. I take that kind of disdain for my family's safety very personally.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Traveling Administrator
^ Same here Wayne, which is why it makes my blood boil so much when I see this **** on the road.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:53 AM
Rated M

My wife saw a car way off the road in the city yesterday obviously due to speed and amount of water on the roads. She was surprised at how far off the road, thinking they had to have been really moving.

Another major rain dump coming in the next 24 hours too.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:04 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
^^^wow you guys are really getting the rain, at least it's not snow.

Nothing annoys me more then these people that drive like Shane said on the highways, it's crazy. Then there's the old fogeys who drive the opposite, they drive just like turtles, sometimes they are just as bad.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Rated M

Originally Posted by GEE35FX
^^^wow you guys are really getting the rain, at least it's not snow.

Nothing annoys me more then these people that drive like Shane said on the highways, it's crazy. Then there's the old fogeys who drive the opposite, they drive just like turtles, sometimes they are just as bad.
Yeah, the constant red screen on the weather channel for days due to heavy rain and high winds. I'm going out for a run shortly since it's stopped for a bit until this afternoon when we're supposed to get another 60+mm.

You're right about the snow. Right now it's +11 and supposed to be +16 this aft so good temperature wise.

I hear ya on the turtles thing too. With changing demographics it's more common. I think NS has the highest % of "seniors" in the country. Not that all of them drive like turtles though.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
Yeah, the constant red screen on the weather channel for days due to heavy rain and high winds. I'm going out for a run shortly since it's stopped for a bit until this afternoon when we're supposed to get another 60+mm.

You're right about the snow. Right now it's +11 and supposed to be +16 this aft so good temperature wise.

I hear ya on the turtles thing too. With changing demographics it's more common. I think NS has the highest % of "seniors" in the country. Not that all of them drive like turtles though.
You are dedicated with the running Deane, I envy you, hope the rain holds out for your run.
Snowing here this morning, not much but it is white (I'm sure Shane doesn't mind me posting a pic on his Dickweed driver thread)
I'm sure there will be a rash of accidents today since people do not drive for the conditions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Man, I Wish People Would Slow The F$%K Down!!