Canada Serving Canada.

RANT: Lyons Auto Body in Sauga SUCKS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 09:05 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Wow... this really sucks.
I hate to hear about businesses that operate like this.

+1 for contacting your insurance.
These guys hate to get a bad rep with adjusters.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Who is your insurance company?

Old 12-22-2010, 09:33 AM
I called my insurance broker, Meloche Monnex, spoke to my claims manager and explained to her that what happened since day 1...indicating I was trying to be patient for the sake of speeding the issue up. I told her I dont want to deal with these clowns anymore due to the hostility between me and the owner. I told her that I just want the part (DD kit) from them and would like to take my car to another shop to complete the work as I can no longer deal with Lyons, one of their preferred shops. She has sent my issue to the claims manager for me to log a complaint and follow up on the work.

Hopefully good will come of this.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:35 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
^^^Good move, good luck with it.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Sucks man sorry to hear it

Old 12-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
I'm surprised Meloche wasn't up on this from the beginning... Hope it turns out for the best.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:40 AM
I wish I went to 427 auto collision...

Check out some fo these reviews of Lyons (there are more):

http://www.n49.ca/p/mississauga:425/...hamthorpe_rd_w

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/lyons...ssauga-573193/

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/th...-ever-use.html

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/dont-...ssauga-696734/

Last edited by ScreaminG; 12-22-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:26 AM
Eno
Good lord... That's ridiculous.

Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by ScreaminG
I called my insurance broker, Meloche Monnex, spoke to my claims manager and explained to her that what happened since day 1...indicating I was trying to be patient for the sake of speeding the issue up. I told her I dont want to deal with these clowns anymore due to the hostility between me and the owner. I told her that I just want the part (DD kit) from them and would like to take my car to another shop to complete the work as I can no longer deal with Lyons, one of their preferred shops. She has sent my issue to the claims manager for me to log a complaint and follow up on the work.

Hopefully good will come of this.
Best of luck, I hope you get a new shop that will do right by you. IMO the insurance company should have pulled your car from Lyons -- parts or no parts -- and set you up with a new one to get the job done right asap.

Keep us posted.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
^good point.
I agree, at the first sign of trouble, it would have been good to let the insurance deal with the A-hole.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:36 PM
PDT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about the head ache with this body shop. Because this is a preferred shop from the insurance company, they need to know, as they won't be sending business to them if this type of problems arise. If you go through a preferred shop, the work is guaranteed for as long as you own the vehicle. Just confirmed that with Meloche this morning.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 12-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Give Pat Foran on CTV a call/e-mail and see what he can do about these crooks!!!

alert@ctv.ca.

Old 12-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Eno
That's not a bad idea!

Judging by the history these guys have with basically everyone I suspect it'll at least be given a second look. Definitely seems to be warranted.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:08 PM
Similar experience. This is a terrible shop

I got into an accident 2 days ago and the tow truck refused to tow to the place that I wanted to. He towed it to Lyons and promised to get there first thing in the morning. Of course he didn't keep his promise. I called in the morning and he said it's his day off he doesn't deal with it and wants me to call the Lyons office directly. Then the office refused to pick up the phone and release the car. They asked me to sign on an invoice with no clear amount indicated on it. They also refused to give me the amount even I wanted to pay. They kept my car there for a long time. Do not let anyone tow your car there and don't go there for any job.
Originally Posted by ScreaminG
So my car was involved in an accident in September, I was driving straight and a middle aged lady turned into my lane without checking her blind spot...no biggie, that's life. So my driver side is mashed up but luckily no air bags went off and all the damage was on the exterior.

So the Lyons truck was there first and the cop was pressuring me to choose a body shop, so I asked my insurance company if they are preferred and they indicated that they were. So I took my car there.

I was leaving on vacation at the end of September and realized I forgot my sun glasses in the car. I went to get them out of the car, only to notice my dual din kit being CRACKED, my touchscreen faceplate scratched, part of the lower dash broken (just under the analog clock)...and of course my glasses were missing. I went to the trunk to see if my wrench that I use to take my tires off was gone and low and behold...its gone. Fair enough right, my fault for leaving it there but why was my dash busted, especially my dual din kit busted? No one hand answers...

So I gave them the part number and referred them to riverside infiniti to order the dual din again. I take off for two weeks and return expecting the car to be ready (total elapsed time is over a month). I call when I get back and they tell me the car is ready.

I pass by to pick it up, and it hasnt been painted yet, the dash is still busted up and all...They tell me they still need me to return the rental and that they will give me another car, I refused and told them the rental stays until the car is done.

Three weeks later I follow up and they tell me the car is ready. I go to pick it up and find the following:

-Dash is still untouched.
-The clear bra, part of which they took off, has not been put back on.
-Door and hood alignment are WAY off.
-Wheel alignment is way off.

I tell them that this is unacceptable, and that they should only tell me the car is ready when its READY. John Lyons, the owner proceeds to yell at me, using profanity telling me that im an *******.

We get into a screaming match (im reacting to his stupidity as my car was damaged BEYOND the accident under his care) and I agree I will take the car as im tired of driving these rentals (ford focus...yuk) on the condition he fixes everything the next week.

So i come by next week and leave the car with him again, I come back two days later and the bra is on, the wheels are aligned however...the door is still not aligned and the DASH IS NOT FIXED. But they replaced one damage piece (to the right of the dual din) and in the process ruined the two central air vents (the close wheel no longer goes from side to side on the vents...).

He tells me the parts are not in yet as the one they ordered was the wrong dual din kit (even though i gave him the part number!). Next time he calls, parts in lets do this....I go and its the wrong part again...

Im being patient here just wanting my car back in half decent condition from this f'ing chop shop so I told him to call me when the part is in.

Here I am over 3 months later waiting for my ****ing car to be back to normal....and every time i call they try to make it seem like I'm the one being difficult when they caused the interior to break! Had nothing to do with the accident! I cant wait to report this **** to my Insurance company as soon as everything is in line.

MORAL OF THE STORY--- AVOID LYONS AUTO BODY LIKE THE ****ING PLAGUE.

/END RANT.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:13 PM
Unfinished!

Story didn't finish; what happened?!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RANT: Lyons Auto Body in Sauga SUCKS