Canada Serving Canada.

RANT: Lyons Auto Body in Sauga SUCKS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
RANT: Lyons Auto Body in Sauga SUCKS

So my car was involved in an accident in September, I was driving straight and a middle aged lady turned into my lane without checking her blind spot...no biggie, that's life. So my driver side is mashed up but luckily no air bags went off and all the damage was on the exterior.

So the Lyons truck was there first and the cop was pressuring me to choose a body shop, so I asked my insurance company if they are preferred and they indicated that they were. So I took my car there.

I was leaving on vacation at the end of September and realized I forgot my sun glasses in the car. I went to get them out of the car, only to notice my dual din kit being CRACKED, my touchscreen faceplate scratched, part of the lower dash broken (just under the analog clock)...and of course my glasses were missing. I went to the trunk to see if my wrench that I use to take my tires off was gone and low and behold...its gone. Fair enough right, my fault for leaving it there but why was my dash busted, especially my dual din kit busted? No one hand answers...

So I gave them the part number and referred them to riverside infiniti to order the dual din again. I take off for two weeks and return expecting the car to be ready (total elapsed time is over a month). I call when I get back and they tell me the car is ready.

I pass by to pick it up, and it hasnt been painted yet, the dash is still busted up and all...They tell me they still need me to return the rental and that they will give me another car, I refused and told them the rental stays until the car is done.

Three weeks later I follow up and they tell me the car is ready. I go to pick it up and find the following:

-Dash is still untouched.
-The clear bra, part of which they took off, has not been put back on.
-Door and hood alignment are WAY off.
-Wheel alignment is way off.

I tell them that this is unacceptable, and that they should only tell me the car is ready when its READY. John Lyons, the owner proceeds to yell at me, using profanity telling me that im an *******.

We get into a screaming match (im reacting to his stupidity as my car was damaged BEYOND the accident under his care) and I agree I will take the car as im tired of driving these rentals (ford focus...yuk) on the condition he fixes everything the next week.

So i come by next week and leave the car with him again, I come back two days later and the bra is on, the wheels are aligned however...the door is still not aligned and the DASH IS NOT FIXED. But they replaced one damage piece (to the right of the dual din) and in the process ruined the two central air vents (the close wheel no longer goes from side to side on the vents...).

He tells me the parts are not in yet as the one they ordered was the wrong dual din kit (even though i gave him the part number!). Next time he calls, parts in lets do this....I go and its the wrong part again...

Im being patient here just wanting my car back in half decent condition from this f'ing chop shop so I told him to call me when the part is in.

Here I am over 3 months later waiting for my ****ing car to be back to normal....and every time i call they try to make it seem like I'm the one being difficult when they caused the interior to break! Had nothing to do with the accident! I cant wait to report this **** to my Insurance company as soon as everything is in line.

MORAL OF THE STORY--- AVOID LYONS AUTO BODY LIKE THE ****ING PLAGUE.

/END RANT.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
That's fukked up!! He yelled at u and used profanity.. I would of made him eat his teeth..

Old 12-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
I was about to get on the phone when I saw a thread about Lyons autobody since my friend is the manger there..but the one in Carson California.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Its sad, once they have your car your ffffd. Where is this place in Mississauga?

Old 12-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Wow what a terrible nightmare.

I just read some of their web pages, they claim to be one of the best in North America. Best what , that's the question.

Here is their site: http://www.lyonsautobody.com/aboutus_i.htm

Old 12-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
dammmm thats schitty man...he actually yelled at you?? wow keep us posted with what happens

Old 12-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
Lawyer

Trending Topics

Old 12-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i was going to say the same thing, use some LAW POWER , those scums are scared to death from LAW. that might fasten things.

Good Luck!

Old 12-22-2010, 12:01 AM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
He is going to get a lawyer to get them to fix his vents and DD surround, that sounds cost effective .

The run around sucks I hope they straighten everything out for you.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:23 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
I installed and intake on one of lyons trucks a couple months back, driver was cool as hell.

Too bad the same can't be said for their autobody end of it. I would have informed my insurance company first and told them I wanted to use a different shop. They recommended this shop so I suggest you tell them to stfu and reimburse your travel time for the multiple trips you've taken to the shop.

I've dealt with a lot of insurance companies and they are the scum of the earth, they are cheap, lying, conniving thieves.

So not only shred the autobody place but rip your insurance company a new one too.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:00 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
He is going to get a lawyer to get them to fix his vents and DD surround, that sounds cost effective .

The run around sucks I hope they straighten everything out for you.
It's a US litigation thing.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:03 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah, it does sound like a nightmare. Sorry you're going through that screaming g.

I really think you're past due getting your insurance company involved. You should have their appraiser review the work and get them working on your behalf with "their" repair company.

Originally Posted by GEE35FX
Wow what a terrible nightmare.

I just read some of their web pages, they claim to be one of the best in North America. Best what , that's the question.

Here is their site: http://www.lyonsautobody.com/aboutus_i.htm

Old 12-22-2010, 07:48 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Call the Better Business Bureau as well as you ins. rep. Pull the G out and send it to anyone who will do the job. The fact they gave it back with ****e not done and still damaged sux.

https://g35driver.com/forums/canada/...mendation.html

Old 12-22-2010, 07:58 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Well i assume everyone has at least one lawyer friend who can call them and warn them about their practices, that's what i used to do! i'm not telling the guy to sue them,but this way it might fasten things.

i am from a family of lawyers (dad,uncles, aunties, cousins ) well this method has worked for me when i had to go through these type of people.

my 2 cents. good luck

Old 12-22-2010, 08:22 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
^^^^^^^Mustafa, you are fortunate to have Aunts, Uncles, Dads, and Cousins that are lawyers, so they are easily accessible to help out at no charge.

But I would say the majority of people do not have lawyers that are family or close friends that can help them out free of charge.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RANT: Lyons Auto Body in Sauga SUCKS