Canada Serving Canada.

Avoid markham infiniti

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

G drivers from Canada should post this on every Infinity forum!
I've only had a bad experience from one dealer.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^that would be Infiniti , unless it's spelled differently in the US.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
If you google markham Infiniti it says in big letters on the first page MARKHAM INFINITI SUCKS and has all the links to driver....it is like free advertising
LOL, I just googled it myself.......I love it!! Not the free advertising they want......but it's free none the less.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm going to try and get the word out to as many people as I can...it's not like i'm slandering them...i'm just sharing my truthful experience with everyone...thank God for free speech

does anyone know how to edit the tags for this thread? :P

Old 01-21-2011, 07:20 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by w1ck3d64
does anyone know how to edit the tags for this thread? :P
A staff member can do it.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Markham infiniti

This is Bill Stephen, General Manager for Markham Infiniti.

Regarding the comments posted by “Princemoco” over the last 2 weeks. The reason we had to react to these postings is simply that they are completely unfounded lies, and maliciously put on the forum in an attempt to damage our business reputation, and the reputation of all 28 members of our team. He was quick to remove the comments and post the apology because he knew that it was pure slander, and he would be held accountable for damages. I have no problem with anyone's opinions about their experiences with my company, but I cannot allow an unwarranted attack based on anger. Unfortunately in my position, I am sometimes left with no choice but to end a person’s employment with our company, and as much as we try to do it in a fair and caring manner, some hard feelings are sometimes the result. My team and I have worked very hard for the three and a half years since we opened this store to build a good relationship with our customer base and the community that we are a part of, and we have to protect that.

Markham Infiniti is Canada's fasted growing Infiniti store, and third largest volume in the country. For 2010 we were rated by our customers as the #1 dealer in Ontario, and #2 in Canada for customer Satisfaction. These are facts, and I would be happy to share the reports with anyone in person. These are also achievements that the staff here are very proud of and will continue to work to maintain every day. We have a very low turn-over rate for our staff, and we have some of the most experienced Infiniti personnel in the country.

I understand that not everyone will always be happy with their experiences with any business, but I can only ask my team that they do the best they can to take care of everyone that we deal with. We have over 700 customers in our service department every month, and the vast majority of these consumers are happy with the experience. I see every survey that is sent to Infiniti Canada about this store, and there are very few negative ones. I have been working with Infiniti and Nissan for over 20 years, and spent most of my career in the service department. Sometimes we do get into a situation where there is nothing you can do to make the customer happy, but it is definitely a rare situation.

I did not respond to the original post by "w1ck3d64" as it was one of those situations. I was involved personally, as I am with most of the customers of our Store, and there was nothing I could do. The biggest problem was that the customer’s son, "w1ck3d64", was verbally aggressive with the staff and would not participate in a civil conversation about the situation. When someone tries to convince me that we have driven his car into a curb at speed, and done substantial damage to the rim and suspension of the vehicle, it is a difficult situation. Over the years, there have seldom been times when damage occurred to a customer’s vehicle while in our care, and without exception the staff have stepped forward without penalty, and the dealership would fix the situation by any means. When someone tries to blame us for damage that was clearly done elsewhere, it is hard to maintain a relationship with that customer moving forward. The mechanic that did to original work on the vehicle (oil change and tire rotation) is a 15 year Infiniti certified tech, and one of less than 30 techs in Canada that are certified to work on Nissan’s legendary GT-R. I trust him completely, and without question.

I have attached below a conversation on another forum that show some doubt as to where the damage occurred and also shows that he is not the only driver of the vehicle.

"Originally Posted by ES_Revenge
I'm a bit confused. Did the stealer service the vehicle (for something like an oil change) and then give you back the car and the next day you found the wheel vibration (implying the dealer did it)? Or did you just drive the car one day at random and find this problem?

Going over hard bumps or hitting a bad pothole can cause such damage but usually (and especially if severe) it is caused by something like an accident--going over a curb or going off the road.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt that you did not cause this damage (and if the dealer is also not involved in it), then have you considered the possibility that your car was stolen, taken for a joyride where it was damaged, and then parked back where they found it? Though might sound far fetched, it actually isn't at all, and many thefts-for-joyrides have this same situation. It happened to a friend of mine in college. He didn't even realise at first but then when all the damage was tallied up (including wheel, bearings, control arm, etc.) he started putting things together--like things that he also noticed were out of place in the car and a different CD than he thought he left in the player--he figured out it was actually stolen and driven over a curb or something, then returned to the same spot.

Wheel bearing didn't "fail", it was damaged in the same impact that bent the wheel.

Think about the possibility that your car was stolen, as above. Think about if anything was odd or out of place in the vehicle when you drove it the first time you noticed the problem. For example, were your sunglasses moved, or was the seat/mirrors in the wrong position? Was there anything odd with the door, door frame, window, that might suggest a break in? If you can conclude the car was indeed stolen, then you should contact both the police and your insurance company. The damages may be covered by your policy if it was indeed a theft.

Agreed, that was inexcusable behaviour by them.

"w1ck3d64"
those are actually some very good suggestions! Thank you! I never even thought of that possibility. However, I would kindly assume that this is not likely mainly because my parents drove the car home and parked it in the garage for the whole weekend. Unless someone broke into my garage.

What happened was it was snowing really hard that day so people were driving really slowly. Maybe 40-60? My parents went for a scheduled maintenance and they did tire rotation and stuff. Parents left and driving slowly so they didn't even hear anything (even if they did, they probably dismissed it as the car pressing on the snow as they drove). Also, the sound is inaudible before 60km/h. I actually had no idea there was a sound until the roads cleared up and i was going above 60 and even then it was fairly minute. "

This was quoted on redflagdeals.com

Let me share one of my own stories with you. Once, when I was a teenager, I pulled a handbrake slide and ran my mother’s Nissan Stanza over a curb pretty hard. My friends where very impressed. I tried to convince my parents that someone had pushed the car in my school parking lot over a curb when I was in class. My mother stood behind me, as she always had without question. The mechanic who worked on the car was another story. He said that there was no way that the damaged could have happened without the car being driven, and he was right. It took me 4 days to admit what had really happened. It took me 2 years to pay them back for the damages. He still works for us today, and he is one of our most trusted Nissan Techs.

I appreciate everyone taking the time to read this, and I hope that some of you will give Markham Infiniti a chance to earn your business in the future.

Sincerely,
Bill Stephen
905-752-0881

Old 01-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Bill,

Your post defends your position with regards to the originating post, which obviously came about from some abnormal circumstances, but it does nothing to address the numerous other complaints logged by other members, including myself.

You ask for another chance, yet you offer nothing to earn it.

I will be taking my business elsewhere, and I'll encourage others to do the same, until you stop making excuses and address the problems.

PS - It would have been common courtesy to reply to my personal email to you, which I can reproduce if necessary.

Regards,

Darin Hamilton

Old 01-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Hi Darin,
I would be happy to address your concerns, but I am unaware of an email from you. Please forward it to william@markhaminfiniti.com and I will respond, or call me to discuss.
Bill
905-752-0881

Old 01-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by MARKHAMINFINITI
Hi Darin,
I would be happy to address your concerns, but I am unaware of an email from you. Please forward it to william@markhaminfiniti.com and I will respond, or call me to discuss.
Bill
905-752-0881
email re-sent

Old 01-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by MARKHAMINFINITI
The biggest problem was that the customer’s son, "w1ck3d64", was verbally aggressive with the staff and would not participate in a civil conversation about the situation. When someone tries to convince me that we have driven his car into a curb at speed, and done substantial damage to the rim and suspension of the vehicle, it is a difficult situation. Over the years, there have seldom been times when damage occurred to a customer’s vehicle while in our care, and without exception the staff have stepped forward without penalty, and the dealership would fix the situation by any means. When someone tries to blame us for damage that was clearly done elsewhere, it is hard to maintain a relationship with that customer moving forward. The mechanic that did to original work on the vehicle (oil change and tire rotation) is a 15 year Infiniti certified tech, and one of less than 30 techs in Canada that are certified to work on Nissan’s legendary GT-R. I trust him completely, and without question.
Excuse me? Verbally aggressive? Let's make this clear:

-----------------

- I never ONCE belittled your staff or spoke to them in ANY demeanor or use any explicit language.

- As stated in my post, I even apologized if there were any miscommunication or if there was any aggression in my voice...go ahead, go ASK your staff about that before accusing me of being verbally abusive. If i was verbally abusive, I would have been literally disrupting your business AT your place of business (also, it was the end of the day, there was literally only ONE customer in service). Maybe your staff need a lesson in customer service as the fore mentioned members in my post CLEARLY did not get it.

- You and your staff never greeted me in any manner of professionalism (I think you forgot coming in with your arms folded in and that I actually had to shake your hand first...and do you actually think the appropriate response to someone waiting for service is "yes?". Did I somehow do something wrong or inappropriate by driving into your service building? Please keep in mind, this took place BEFORE I even began to explain the problem I was having. You think I went in looking for a fight? That's just ignorant and ridiculous.)

- You retracted your discount offer for the rim after you assumed I was going elsewhere, I asked for individual prices and that was the first thing out of your mouth. It was just a question.

- I never said I was the only driver of the vehicle. I said it was in the garage and that's where it stayed. Again, your word against mine. Also, please re-read that post on redflagdeals. I even agreed that it was a good suggestion but shot it down because it was PARKED IN THE GARAGE. You think my parents went for a joy ride? Give me a break. There is absolutely no evidence of my house being broken into. I also have a garage opener which makes it very hard to forcefully open the garage from the outside without leaving evidence. Also, they would have to break into my garage AGAIN and park it there and close my garage. A bit far fetched don't you think?

- Your story about admitting to doing something wrong and how you corrected as a teenager is a good lesson for teenagers lacking critical thinking, experience and responsibility. I am not a teenager. Your implication that I should fess up to "what I did" and just pay for it is just meaningless. Also, I have stated I have no proof of any wrong doing by your dealership in this matter. However, your service is atrocious. I mean a simple search here or Google will continue to support and back my point. I'm surprised you would actually take a shot at your customers (albeit, former customer) in a public forum. Unbelievable.

- How do you know there was significant damage to the suspension? You yourself told me that you had to charge me to check IF there was damage to the suspension or any other part of the car. "Well, we're going to have to replace the wheel bearing and the rim, then we will check if there are other damages to suspension or any other part of the car". This was reiterated by your wonderful staff and also that the cost is "$3000 to start". Take a walk down memory lane. Additionally, I believe his name is Don now, Don said that "running into a curb at 5km/h can cause this". Seriously? 5km/h can bend my rim to a point where I need to completely replace it? I understand that it's a 3000lb+ car but the damage observed is highly unlikely caused by going 5km/h. Don't treat me like an idiot.

- You say that I accused your staff of running the car into the curb. The first thing your staff said when I went in was, "You must have ran it into a curb" which did not happen. You guys barely gave me a chance to explain myself. Anything I said afterwards was resulted in "You must have ran it into a curb" and "Someone is not telling you the truth". So excuse me for being suspicious of your dealership. Also, as stated in the post, I did not accuse you of anything since I had no evidence. Your word against mine.

- When I was comparing your service to Lexus you CONSISTENTLY cut me off saying it had nothing to do with what's going on. If you had let me finish the 3 times what I was saying, you would have understood I was being critical of your service.

- I understand that people make mistakes, you back your mechanics and you rightfully should otherwise you'd be compromising the integrity of your dealership. However, when the car was bought, your dealership tried to pass on a protective covering on the car as "normal" when there was clearly a gash in the middle of the hood. Your dealership also said that the guy has 17+ years experience and tried to ensure me it was normal. I got it redone and it was gone. Why bother to convince me in the first place when it was obviously not done properly. I agree with your point that experience matters, yet mistakes do matter as well.

- Remember not saying "bye"? Remember saying (after I said I was leaving) "ok", folding your arms and smiling? I actually thought that was the only smile I got for your awesome staff the whole time I was there. A little snide in my opinion.

- Also, I gave credit where it's due. I think my sales experience at Markham Infiniti was very good even if it was a tough, but smooth, negotiation process. So my review is of your service. You guys are not in the same league as Willowdale. To say that you are is like saying the Leafs are going to win the cup this year.

- You come in here, arguing and defending your dealership with absolutely no offering of a resolution nor addressing the issue at hand; that is, your terrible service. Your implication that I should just pay for my supposed "mistake" because it was my fault is comical and at the same time, insulting. Your experience is speaking very loudly at the moment.

-------------

The list lingers on but I won't bore everyone with details again. Although I must say, I anticipated an embellishment of my "rudeness" before you came along. Anyway, I'll let the rest of the people which had bad experiences with MARKHAM INFINITI tell the rest of the story. Hey, I've said it before, alas I'm not the only one.

Oh FYI, I never met the other posters, they were in here before I came and I never forced them to post anything.

I do respect you for coming on and posting your side of the story though.

Last edited by w1ck3d64; 01-24-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
this makes you appreciate having no warranty smh
dealer mentality is universal, i went to agincourt once paid 1200 for a compression rod, i knew price wise i got ripped, learned my lesson.
At least noone at that time was rude to me.
aside from warranty(which i do not have mine is 2003) i would never go to a dealer unless i have no other choice. (diagnosis ECU)

Old 01-22-2011, 02:06 PM
I would like to hear what Mr. Stephen proposes to do to fix his shop and make his customers happy, instead of simply coming here to defend his position against "w1ck3d64".

Old 01-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
^ that's not going to happen, cause if his intention was to sort it out and "make it right" he would have offered help.

i work in customer service, sometimes even we as the bank is absolutely 100% right we try everything to take the extra mile,and show them even we can not do what they want, we still put our best to remedy.

in this situation rather than making the issue "personal" , these dealers have the obligation to protect the infiniti brand name, and offer i dunno whatever they can so that customers see at least "they care"

well thanks for taking the time to respond to the client, but reading what u have written, that does not show any empathy or taking any initiative. thats straight up "self defence"

anyways peace out!

Old 01-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by 350Zed
I would like to hear what Mr. Stephen proposes to do to fix his shop and make his customers happy, instead of simply coming here to defend his position against "w1ck3d64".
Originally Posted by musti82
^ that's not going to happen, cause if his intention was to sort it out and "make it right" he would have offered help.

i work in customer service, sometimes even we as the bank is absolutely 100% right we try everything to take the extra mile,and show them even we can not do what they want, we still put our best to remedy.

in this situation rather than making the issue "personal" , these dealers have the obligation to protect the infiniti brand name, and offer i dunno whatever they can so that customers see at least "they care"

well thanks for taking the time to respond to the client, but reading what u have written, that does not show any empathy or taking any initiative. thats straight up "self defence"

anyways peace out!
oh I completely agree. I did not expect nor want a remedy from them. He has absolutely no explanation for the service I received. He is embellishing details about how I acted and how I "accused" them of wrong doing (even after mentioning in my post that I am not accusing them of anything). The service was bad even before I knew what was wrong. It was bad before I even said more than 5 words.

For the final time, Markham Infiniti your service is just plain bad. Period. All my friends, family and colleagues already know this and I will continue to advise others the same.

But I do agree with Bill, customers should speak out about their experiences and this is what I intend to continue. Thanks.

Last edited by w1ck3d64; 01-22-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
I still like the google line lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Avoid markham infiniti