Canada Serving Canada.

Avoid markham infiniti

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avoid markham infiniti

Hi All,

I want to disclose my absolute displeasure with Markham Infiniti service. This happened right after my 3rd service with them (the first two were not much better, but this time, they REALLY pushed it)

I pull up to service and parked the car. I walked into the office only to be NOT greeted by anybody. I approached one service rep (a white man, i have to describe this way mainly because I don't know his name, this is not in hate) who was beside the service manager desk. He was on the phone and asked me what i was there for, while i was describing it to him, he cuts me off saying and I quote "ok ok, service or parts". Seriously. So i walked to another rep (a black man nearest to the lounge, again not in hate), he was on the phone. I stood in front of him and he literally ignores me. He finishes his call and looks up at me tired (as if I am bothering him) and says and i quote "yes?". First off, who greets customers this way? I didn't even tell them my problem yet! I was not rude at all. i just wanted questions answered. So I tell them I have problems with one of my wheels and it's making a noise. They checked it out and found that one of my rims were bent and that it was the cause of my problems in addition to a wheel bearing noise (that weekend was extremely snowy so going 40-60 you don't really hear anything). Therefore, it was not covered under warranty. I find it strange and extremely hard to believe that the car was parked in my garage for the whole weekend and i somehow bent my rim and wrecked the bearing. I asked for the service manager and one of the gentleman (a black man) i was talking to was apparently the "service manager". This was a lie. One can observe that through their generic infiniti site http://markham.infiniti.ca/Servicean...S/Default.aspx that the service manager's name is John Man, he is chinese, not black.

I demanded to see the owner of the infiniti and was confronted by a man name Bill Stephens. Here's the kicker. Bill claims to be the owner. Not true, his father is the president of their franchised company and Bill is simply the sales manager. The owner's name is Helen Chin. Bill is white, Helen is chinese. Bill is a man, Helen is a woman. Enough said.

Bill comes up to me, arms crossed and nods his head and stares at me as if I'm some sort of inferior. I reached out my hand and he then stutters and reluctantly shakes my hand. Since my arms are tied for the warranty and I can't prove any wrong doing by them, I asked for a quote. I got:
- $800 for the bearing
- $1440 for the rim
- $201 for alignment
= $2441 with taxes and labour

I'm pretty shocked at the price for something that randomly happened but it's infiniti what can you do. Anyways, Bill offered to "help" me out by offering me a rim for $300 less since he had a demo conveniently ready. I asked for individual part prices and he immediately said and i quote "you planning to bring it to another place?" and i said and i quote "I just want to know how much they are each". Bill continues, quote "Oh i'm not going to give you $300 off then". Seriously. I didn't even think of going somewhere else yet but this was the first thing that came out of his mouth.

I was absolutely shocked at the service. Him and his team continue to hard ball me to leave the car with them "because the wheel might fall off". Precautions, I understand. However, if I say i'm going to leave, I mean it. Don't ask me 5 times.

When i said i was leaving for the 6th time, they said "ok", stepped back, all of them arms crossed and watched me leave with a smirk on their faces. Yup, you heard it folks, they apparently don't understand the basics of customer service. A "hi" and "bye" and maybe throw in that smile.

I would like to add that I was frustrated but was in no way rude or had an outbreak. I never swore once. I even told them 3 times that if I came off rude please accept my apologies and that I was just frustrated at this "freak" accident.

On a side note, Marcus from sales is a very friendly guy. It was a pleasure dealing with him. However, this speaks for end customers of Markham infiniti. I simply don't know how this place can operate for the 20 odd years they've been around. If you can sell the car, you need to sell the service. Especially for a "luxury brand".

Markham Infiniti. You surprise me. You also lost all my business as well as all the business of all my friends, family and all my health professional colleagues in the GTA.

I would like to remind everyone that I am not accusing them of swapping my rims or anything like that. My main concern is their amazingly bad service which naturally leads to suspicion. All i know is, i had service with them, tires rotated, was in the garage for the weekend and now i noticed it.

Just saying.

On a side note, I do want to recommend Willowdale Infiniti. Unfortunately, Markham Infiniti are not even in the same book as Willowdale Infiniti. Robert, the associate service manager, his lead advisor, Andrew, and the office ladies (one of them is Lisa) were just a breath of fresh air.

My experience with Markham Infiniti really soured the brand for me and I did not expect this. They go over and beyond the call of duty. They`re so nice and you can see that Robert and his fellow staff are really dedicated to their customers. I was overwhelmed by their amazing hospitality and they reminded me not to let one bad apple destroy the whole barrel. They even walk you to your car after service is done. Although I still need to pay for my rim, I got my fix for the bearing. They even did a recall for me (for the DRLs) and it wasn't even in the mail yet. Andrew, Rob and Lisa are a pleasure to speak to, not just about cars but with just everyday stuff. Robert and his wonderful staff have given me new found confidence in the Infiniti brand.

Bravo Willowdale Infiniti. You are very highly recommended!

well that's it...thanks for listening guys...i firmly hope that Bill (username: MARKHAMINFINITI) comes around and shares his side of the story on this forum. There is nothing him or his staff can say which will change my mind in terms of service. Referencing to G35Driver forum, I'm going to expect him to bash me about my "rudeness" and also that he "hopes that I will find another infiniti dealer that will take care of me and my infiniti for many years to come"

Thanks Bill, I found that dealership. Willowdale Infiniti.

---------------------------------------------------------

If anyone is interested, here are other complaints about Markham Infiniti:

https://g35driver.com/forums/canada/...iti-sucks.html

https://g35driver.com/forums/canada/...ace-avoid.html

Alas, I am not the first one to have problems...wish i searched these before i got the car

Last edited by w1ck3d64; 12-30-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Brutal! Sorry to hear you had such a terrible experience. It always amazes me how a business can stay open when it treats customers like this. Markham's horrible service is Willowdale's gain. I've read quite a bit of bad experiences with Markham over the years here, same with Hyatt in Calgary.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
lets see Markham Infiniti respond in this thread like they did in the other

Old 12-30-2010, 12:46 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
why would a bent rim cost 1440??? this is a rip off service and pricing, i cant imagine how many parts i can buy with 2.4K all originals.

let's see how they response.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:10 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
All wheels from the dealer are like minimum $900, then tack on their crazy mount and balance fee of $50 a wheel ($20 anywhere else) and then labor on removal of wheel and install of wheel. 1 hour at $115.

Not outrageous, dealerships are as stupid as the people they trick.

I've never had issues with Guelph Infiniti and personally I would LOVE for someone to challenge me. At the shop I worked at, whenever we had an issue with one of the distributors(be it late parts, messed up order etc) I called and ripped them a part. Everything always showed up the next day perfect lol

Sorry to hear that they're ****ty to work with. You really think when you get into a luxury car that quality service and $50,000 cars kind of go hand in hand. But if you think that's bad, drive up to a BMW dealer in your G. They won't even acknowledge you (until you go and spend 5k in their parts department)

Old 12-30-2010, 07:12 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Firetruck, that was bad, real bad. When my G was under warranty I used Guleph Infiniti as well. They were good, as far a sealerships go and the staff always made you feel like they respected you and your decisions. Being well out of warranty now, I use various places, depending on what I need done.
I'm just glad you found someplace that worked for you.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:24 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I've had similar experiences with Markham Infiniti.

They do decent work, but their pricing is outrageous (even by stealership standards), and worst of all... as the OP explained... their attitude is terrible throughout the entire service shop.

I find everyone there is lazy, and they act like they're too busy to service me.

I sat and waited for John Man (Service Manager) to finish a 10 minute phone conversation once before anyone acknowledged I was there, while one of the other service reps ignored me while he played solitaire on his PC... seriously!

I've taken my G to these clowns over a dozen times, and not once have I felt like a valued customer. They won't see another dime from me!

For any non-warranty I recommend these guys in Newmarket:

Old 12-30-2010, 08:34 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
sometimes i am glad i am out of warranty, well even downtown infiniti is better than these guys.

i dealt with agincourt nissan, one and only for compression rods, i was newbie, did not know the forum, paid a big bill.had to go to downtown , theya re decent and ok, no complaints. thanks to guys in the forum, im still with simone.

but even markham infiniti is 1/3 of things people say, someone from the national office has to show them the right way.

i think no matter which brand u got with, lexus,mercedes, bimmer, most of the dealers are either rip-off pricing(which is normal)places or being managed by a cocky manager who thinks he created the brand by himself, therefore looking down on everyone.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:52 PM
^ I personally love Lexus dealers.

Part of the reason my next car is probably an IS.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:29 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
My experience with Costa Mesa Infinti was also horrible. So bad, that I filed a complaint with the BBB and 3 months later guess what. Costa Mesa Infiniti went bye bye. LOL. I know I wasn't responsible, but I'm guessing that STEALERSHIP had several complaints against them.

Cerrtios Infiniti aren't that much better either. I have an email stating they they will FIX the problem they created. I sent a reply saying to hold it off until my NEXT oil change because before that, I was driving 1 hr back and forth to that STEALERship about 5+ times that month. I got sick of it.

Then, when the time came, I sent my service adviser an email saying that I would like to schedule an appointment. NEVER HEARD FROM THEM.

I am close to filing another BBB complaint against them. I am holding back because I still go there for my oil changes. (Elite Maint. Program). There is no other dealership nearby. Besides Tustin.

I think Infiniti is going down. Their best seller was the G35 coupe. They're lineup aren't that impressive beyond that. The M is nice but it looks like The G37 Sedan to me.

I am thinking about taking my car to another place and then presenting Cerritos with the bill.

----------

Originally Posted by 4DGS

Yep. IS350 or maybe even the IS250 because of the 6spd option. I love the interior and Exterior. If not that, I might get the GS.

Last edited by jibberjabbers; 12-30-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:02 PM
I love the 3GS, I'm waiting for Toyota to get their head out of their *** and stop looking at a 6mt as an economy feature.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by musti82
sometimes i am glad i am out of warranty, well even downtown infiniti is better than these guys.

i dealt with agincourt nissan, one and only for compression rods, i was newbie, did not know the forum, paid a big bill.had to go to downtown , theya re decent and ok, no complaints. thanks to guys in the forum, im still with simone.

but even markham infiniti is 1/3 of things people say, someone from the national office has to show them the right way.

i think no matter which brand u got with, lexus,mercedes, bimmer, most of the dealers are either rip-off pricing(which is normal)places or being managed by a cocky manager who thinks he created the brand by himself, therefore looking down on everyone.
Originally Posted by 4DGS

I think it's very diverse in terms of service from one dealership to another. For example, I also own a Lexus IS350 (great car btw after you mod the springs so it doesn't turn like a boat and exhaust and other nice touch ups lol) and I got it at Lexus on the Park (Eglinton and DVP). Their sales are very accomodating, though tough to break lol. The entire bargaining process was lengthy but it was by no means irritating or strenuous. Moreover, the servicing department is wonderful and the guys are very very friendly. My man Castro at service NEVER gave me any trouble for warranty or TSIB (Technical Service Issued Bulletins) issues. For warranty, I go and tell em what's wrong, he explains in detail whether it's covered or not, book the appointment, off you go. For TSIB, i print them out, hand it to him, done.

He's great too! Always asked me if i wanted coffee or tea. I just love Lexus on the Park. Had a 1st gen RX300 before the FX and received the same hospitality. Heck the place looks like it launches fighter jets lol just a great looking building.

However back to my point, there are dealerships which exist that give a great sales and service experience. Just have to find them lol ahhh the road of life...

Last edited by w1ck3d64; 01-04-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Honestly, I'm new here still but I'm SO glad that I read this today. I'm do for my first oil change and was debating on which dealership to go to, I guess willowdale is the place to go since their customer service is better.
Thanks for sharing this info. I'll pass it around to all my friends and co-workers

Old 12-30-2010, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by Delaxan
Honestly, I'm new here still but I'm SO glad that I read this today. I'm do for my first oil change and was debating on which dealership to go to, I guess willowdale is the place to go since their customer service is better.
Thanks for sharing this info. I'll pass it around to all my friends and co-workers
I'm glad this helped you out! When you get there, please send my regards to Andrew, Lisa and Robert for me!

Old 12-30-2010, 10:18 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
That sucks dude! Sorry you had to go through that. I would have said something and blown up in there face (not the wise thing to do). But they need to realize what they are doing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Avoid markham infiniti