Canada Serving Canada.

Highly recommended audio shop - Selective Sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Highly recommended audio shop - Selective Sound

Hi All,

I had the pleasure to work with a great car audio shop located in Mississauga and I just want to share my experience with fellow G35drivers in the GTA.

I own a 2005 G35 coupe. My rear deck Bose speakers were going, so I had Selective Sound order in Infinity Kappa 692.9i to replace the 6x9 Bose on my rear deck. I chose the 692.9i because they seemed to be well received after some research on the forum. More importantly, the 692.9i were advertised to have 2 ohm impedance, which would be fitting for the G.

Unfortunately, after the installation, I was not impressed at all with the Kappa 692.9i speakers. Simply put, the mid range and the lows were completely gone. The bass doesn't hit at all, and I was very confused. I specifically picked the 692.9i thinking that they would be a good plug-and-play integration with our stock audio system. However, the output from the 692.9i was incredibly low, and I found it difficult to believe that the impedance is 2 ohm as the website advertises.

Davis (the owner) pointed out that on the packaging, the print indicates 4 ohm instead of 2 ohm, which would explain the low output. I explained to Davis that I only ordered the 692.9i because I knew they were 2 ohm from Infinity's retail website. Regardless, I do recognize that the inconsistent information and my disappointment with the end result is not Selective Sound's fault.

Having no prior experience with Selective Sound, I wasn't sure if they'd be willing to do anything for me. To my surprise, the response I received was more than satisfactory. Davis told me that if there is a 2 ohm version, then he will get those in for me. Otherwise, he'll replace the installed 692.9i with a different set. Knowing that my disappointment wasn't Selective Sound's fault, I offered to pay more money in exchange for satisfaction. Davis' immediate response is that I will not have to pay another penny. He emphasized that, to him, it is not about taking the customer's money and calling it a day. He stressed that he wants me, the customer, to be happy and satisfied with the result. Hearing that, I was able to walk out of his shop with a smile.

With that kind of business model and focus on customer satisfaction, it is really hard not to recommend this shop to others.

http://selectivesound.net/

-David

Old 01-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
So did the different set sound any better? Which set was it anyways. I am thinking of replacing mine as well.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've also dealt with Selective Sound, they installed the IPod controller on my deck and the work was flawless. No scratches, high attention to detail and very fair pricing.

Highly recommend them to anyone.