Canada Serving Canada.

They killed bin laden

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Watching the reaction is fascinating. So much cynicism and disbelief. I, for one, buy the story essentially as told. Also, here in Canada the general reaction has been solemn acknowledgment. South of the border, it's like they won the Super Bowl - and I don't mean they shouldn't be happy, it just comes off like it was some sort of competition and a lot of people who had F-all to do with it are acting like it was a big team effort...

Old 05-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator
Received 127 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
Watching the reaction is fascinating. So much cynicism and disbelief. I, for one, buy the story essentially as told. Also, here in Canada the general reaction has been solemn acknowledgment. South of the border, it's like they won the Super Bowl - and I don't mean they shouldn't be happy, it just comes off like it was some sort of competition and a lot of people who had F-all to do with it are acting like it was a big team effort...

^ Yeah it certainly is strange to see the reactions down here. The more hawkish of my friends since last night are high-fiving anyone & everyone, drinking, and proclaiming quite boorishly America's greatness once again . Watch out Canada, there may be am imminent American invasion - you know how these boys get with a little syrup in them .

But expecting any reaction different than what was seen in front of the White House or Ground Zero would mean that we expected much more from the general American public...like level-headedness or restraint . Classiness is not an inherent American trait unfortunately.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:33 PM
^^ Remember 1775! LOL...

Old 05-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator
Received 127 Likes on 105 Posts
^ LOL, you're not helping to perpetuate the air of American might & superiority over here.

But, very interesting to read that on Wikipedia. I don't ever recall hearing of American forces invading Canada. Just a West Wing episode here, or a John Candy movie there

Old 05-02-2011, 11:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what ever happened we all have to watch our borders now cause this will no doubt send some people straight for us guns blazing...

i just find it very convenient they 'buried him' in the ocean.

i guess well never know...

Old 05-03-2011, 12:55 AM
Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts
I say BS but its just me

Old 05-03-2011, 02:28 AM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Lying about it at this point would be like farting in an elevator with only one other person on it and saying it wasn't you. Now, if you're talking about whether they're lying about catching him, or killing him- those are two different things. CIA would LOVE to take him deep into some "secret prison in Europe" and get as much information from him as possible by whatever means available at their disposal. Perhaps a bucket of water? Perhaps a screwdriver... perhaps 17 virgins...

I wouldn't be surprised if that comes out in the wash in 20 years or so... but they've definitely taken him off the radar... whatever way that is!

And according to what I've read it was SEAL team (6) that was in action and they did in fact fast rope down into the compound so were likely equipped with the MP5s as was earlier predicted. I sure hope that video of the raid is leaked out- that's what movies are made of!

Last edited by Eno; 05-03-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
i can see it now in the movie guy voice: Directed by stephen speilburg staring Bruce Willis "Iding geranamoe" hahahahahaha

Edit in reguards to my 1st post this is a direct quote from the presidents speech

"Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. A small team of Americans carried out the operation with extraordinary courage and capability. No Americans were harmed. They took care to avoid civilian casualties. After a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body"

Last edited by VincenzG35; 05-03-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
^^ Remember 1775! LOL...
Most of us weren't around for that one Wayne. Perhaps you would share some of your own experiences of the era with us.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Premier Member

Received 422 Likes on 340 Posts
the timing of the whole thing seems pretty fishy to me.... I mean seriously? right when the press was starting to talk about how high gas prices would kill Obama's presidency and he really needed some political capital WHAM hey look guys I caught osama!

Old 05-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
Most of us weren't around for that one Wayne. Perhaps you would share some of your own experiences of the era with us.
Ooooo, a shot right below the patent leather belt hiked up to my nipples...

But back on topic, nothing will convince the cynics now, not if they were personally shown the body and the DNA tests. In the end I suppose it doesn't matter what people believe, he's outta the picture and that's okay by me. I personally think it was genius to bury him at sea...no place for a shrine, anyone who wishes to pay tribute is welcome to jump right in!!

Old 05-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
First thing I thought of when I saw this news:

Osama... I mean Obama needs something to talk about on his campaign trails doesnt he? After all, he cant spend the whole time **** talking our current president this round...

Cant believe people are buying this BS.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Ooooo, a shot right below the patent leather belt hiked up to my nipples...

But back on topic, nothing will convince the cynics now, not if they were personally shown the body and the DNA tests. In the end I suppose it doesn't matter what people believe, he's outta the picture and that's okay by me. I personally think it was genius to bury him at sea...no place for a shrine, anyone who wishes to pay tribute is welcome to jump right in!!
and let's hope a select few do.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
I'm kind of surprised that people think they voted in a stupid black guy as president. I suppose the alternative would be to parade osamas lifeless body across the country. Seems to me then we'd be no more humane than those we fight. Well, they fight.

And to risk the potential backlash over nothing? Might be a ploy to draw them out into the open- who knows.

It doesn't change my life at all. I still do my thing, just like all of you do yours. One thing is I'm reassured that the billiOns they've invested in Hunt him down may be diverted to more useful causes. Like... More f-22s!!

Old 05-03-2011, 09:41 PM
So lemme get this straight...the POTUS sanctioned this elaborate lie, playing on the emotions of all his potential voters, perpetrated at huge risk of being found out and forever reviled...for votes? He'd have to be a ten-fold bigger crook than Nixon. No, sorry. There's gotta be a better way.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: They killed bin laden