Canada Serving Canada.

350Z N/A Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
Originally Posted by RastaManMax
I have been proven wrong.:

it's obvious that the MREV2 provides nominal gains over the spacer alone on the DE.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by SDGenius
1. he has a revup

2. the mrev2 alone has slightly better gains than the spacer alone, on a non-rev, the difference is the cost. not twice the gains for twice the price, that's why most non-revs skip it. this info has been posted time and time again, i don't know how all this misinformation stays alive.

Here let me explain how to read the chart. I thought it was pretty self explanatory, however I have been proven wrong.:

1) There's a line, (green) which shows the gains for the spacer alone.
2) There's another line (red) with the spacer and MREV2.
3) Look at the difference between the two.
4) Read my post and the post in the link I posted, by Hydrazine, which I copied for you in this thread.

I guess your flawed logic is where you could look at the yellow line to make your conclusion that the MREV2 is useful if you don't intend at getting a spacer at all, however I just bypassed that illogical thought altogether since a reasonable person would get the spacer at less than half the price since it produces nearly the same power and after the spacer, it's obvious that the MREV2 provides nominal gains over the spacer alone on the DE.

Hopefully that's simple enough to understand now. If it isn't, I don't know what is...

Old 05-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OP, sorry for the off topic-ness... back to ur sweet build. honestly makes me want to pick up a 350z as a DD
+1 hehe

The following users liked this post:
SDGenius (05-05-2012)
Old 05-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Btw I noticed I didnt even post pics of the car... and I have amazing ones when I go back home I'll post some!

Old 05-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by matdaddy
doesnt a Mrev2 not work on none rev ups? ps nice mods i have or want all the parts you have. Especially that Fujistubo ... They sound NICE! What why pipe die you get and how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking. .Im located in ontario..
MREV2 is pretty much useless for a non-revup. Just get the spacer and be done with it.
1. he has a revup

2. the mrev2 alone has slightly better gains than the spacer alone, on a non-rev, the difference is the cost. not twice the gains for twice the price, that's why most non-revs skip it. this info has been posted time and time again, i don't know how all this misinformation stays alive.
- Question is for a non-revup.
- Yes, it is pretty much useless once you get the spacer as I explained below. If mod a) and mod b) both give the same whp, have the same effects on the car, but mod b) costs 2* as much, why would anybody even consider mod b)?

you say it's "pretty much useless" then you recommend a spacer w/less gains? cost effective? no, useless? no gain
- Yes, I do recommend the spacer. Who wouldn't for reasons listed below.

Here let me explain how to read the chart. I thought it was pretty self explanatory, however I have been proven wrong.:

1) There's a line, (green) which shows the gains for the spacer alone.
2) There's another line (red) with the spacer and MREV2.
3) Look at the difference between the two.
4) Read my post and the post in the link I posted, by Hydrazine, which I copied for you in this thread.

I guess your flawed logic is where you could look at the yellow line to make your conclusion that the MREV2 is useful if you don't intend at getting a spacer at all, however I just bypassed that illogical thought altogether since a reasonable person would get the spacer at less than half the price since it produces nearly the same power and after the spacer, it's obvious that the MREV2 provides nominal gains over the spacer alone on the DE.

Hopefully that's simple enough to understand now. If it isn't, I don't know what is...
I was posting seriously misleading information and what you're saying is 100% correct. Nobody in their right mind should consider the MREV2 alone when they can get the spacer for similar gains at half the price, especially since once you have the spacer, incremental gains are negigible.
Thanks dude. Please don't PM me going forward... Anyways, i'm done with this. It's like arguing with somebody in the special olympics.

Last edited by RastaManMax; 05-06-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:17 PM
- Question is for a non-revup.
- Yes, it is pretty much useless once you get the spacer as I explained below. If mod a) and mod b) both give the same whp, have the same effects on the car, but mod b) costs 2* as much, why would anybody even consider mod b)?

- Yes, I do recommend the spacer. Who wouldn't for reasons listed below.

Thanks dude. Please don't PM me going forward... Anyways, i'm done with this. It's like arguing with somebody in the special olympics.
sorry ur butt hurt but hey, truth can do that, LOL. no point quoting me over and over considering all you did was restate what i said in the first place, thanks for all the research though, hope you learned something. sorry, if bold text misleads you.

back to business, let's see some updates OP

Old 05-07-2012, 09:50 AM
Few pics from the first week I got the car to now...

Old 05-07-2012, 10:03 AM
lookin' good man, love the v2 track wheels.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:07 AM
I really like them! That's why I would upgrade many parts before thinking about the wheels...

Old 05-07-2012, 10:13 AM
if anything, you could always just powder coat them and save some money

Old 05-09-2012, 09:41 AM
if anything, you could always just powder coat them and save some money
I was thinking about orange firebelly Plasti Dip hehe

Old 05-14-2012, 11:32 AM
May 14, 2012
Blacked Out Emblems

Old 05-14-2012, 12:57 PM
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Did you take the emblems off to black them out?

Old 05-14-2012, 01:18 PM
No. I used Plasti Dip and following technique:

Old 05-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just one question. why go with the NA build? in the end you will want more power and want to buy a turbo kit.

You went the same way when i first started. I spent 10k on NA stuff and went for 230 to 276whp. Or spend the 5k on a used turbo kit or a boosted performance kit and get 400whp.

thats just my ..02 cents

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 350Z N/A Project