Canada Serving Canada.

Bum rap in regional threads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2012 | 01:05 PM
Eno
I'm okay either way but I do understand why the request was made.

Old 06-18-2012 | 08:09 PM
|
Originally Posted by GEE35FX
As someone said earlier, there really isn't enough traffic on this site anymore to warrant splitting the Canada section up into regions. It is more like a big Canadian family. When I have travelled across Canada, my fellow Canucks have held meets so we could get together, if we were in separate regions we might not know what is going on in our neighboring Provinces.

I have never had a problem seeing when events are in Canada and more specifically in the GTA.

Events can always be stickies so they stay at the top, you just have to make a request to the Moderator.
That could change with West/Middle/East regions. As I see it this section is set up now so that if someone new to the G community wants to find out what's going on locally they see a heavy thread presence from a couple of areas and have to pay attention to what they're scrolling through for their area. Not readily/easily finding anything they leave without signing up and look for another board.

You might find this hard to believe, being from the Centre of The Universe and all that, but not everyone in Canada cares what's happening in the GTA. If you do want to know, can't see why anyone would personally, just click on the region for the GTA. The same if you wanted to know what's going on in a Province in a different region, click on the region for that Province. It's really not all that difficult if you think about it.

Also there's the Regional rivalry thing, if you don't think there is one in Canada see above or read ITNKICN's comments regarding baboons.-lol It'll be fun, we can gang up on the Newfies! Ok guys, I'm joking around there but I'm not joking when I think we need better representation.

Since it's Summer if everyone with an upcoming event requests a stickie soon there'll be pages of them before other content. Being able to easily find the local G scene encourages interest in joining and contributing, that's why I haven't really been around here much though I joined in 2007...no local section.

Old 06-19-2012 | 12:37 PM
Lol theres a very simple solution too all this.....

Lets GO FU*KIN HAYWIRE AND START GOING CRAZY WITH NEW THREADS.

If you don't open atleast 10 new threads each in this Canadian section, stop complaining

Lets show those americans why we need our own sub sections

Old 06-20-2012 | 02:50 AM
This section isn't overly busy, it takes two weeks before inactive threads are off the first page so it's not like things are quickly lost in the steady stream of fresh threads.

How are the two Canadian regions working out on my350z?, My thread from the June 2011 meet is still on the first page and 75% of the threads are FS threads.

This has been discussed already in the premier member section and everyone that matters weighed in....it was unanimous against splitting those of you that can see what I am talking about will like that comment LOL

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 06-20-2012 at 04:16 AM.
Old 06-20-2012 | 04:41 AM
this is bullshit! each region needs a french subforum

Old 06-20-2012 | 06:53 PM
90% of us are from Ontario....

The west coaster and east guys combined wouldn't be able to keep enough activity to make it worth while.

No offense, just truth.

Old 06-20-2012 | 08:53 PM
|
^
No offense taken, thanks for your input. Alberta has a good G crowd so don't exclude them and I'll see what I can do for my area.