Canada Serving Canada.

Hit and Run, Toronto , where to take for rear bumper, pls help! Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dukehotty
Ouch! That looks like it cut through the bumper! Any after pics!?

Here is the after.

Name:  bumper.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  136.2 KB

Old 07-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by musti82
I already reported the accident to collusion centre,tomorrow i will talk to Insurance but most likely (unless i have one of those first one guilt free type of coverage) the investigation will come up with nothing. if there is gonna be deductible, i might as well try to either get this thing popped and getting it painted and see how it looks or look for someones part out, my last question is if i decide to fix it on my own, can i withdraw my claim application, since insurance is not going to o anything and i dont want my premium to go up for nothing?? also where do you guys recommend to take the car ???? in Toronto??
When this happen to me, I spoke to my insurance company and advise them I was going to fix the bumper myself. The only thing I had to do send them pictures of my car after the repairs proving that I had fixed it. My insurance premiums were not impacted.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:36 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well if you're interested, i'm going to be calling up a couple of shops this week actually to get some work done on my car (front bumpter sanded + repainted and some rust work around the rear bumper/left side rear quarter panel repainted). PM me and e-mail pics to lemarp@hotmail.com Maybe I can work with the shops and get us a good deal?

If you're going to be calling around as well, let me know and I can send you pics as well. I'm also located in the GTA.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I am with TD as well, and i had a smaller dent then you on driver side fender.
TD waived the $500 deductible since it was not my fault as the same thing happened to me as you, hit and run.
but i think a brand new bumper installed and painted will run you $900

Old 07-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally Posted by alphabit
Here is the after.

They did a good job and damn... those Brembos look good..

Old 07-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
I already reported the accident to collusion centre,tomorrow i will talk to Insurance but most likely (unless i have one of those first one guilt free type of coverage) the investigation will come up with nothing. if there is gonna be deductible, i might as well try to either get this thing popped and getting it painted and see how it looks or look for someones part out, my last question is if i decide to fix it on my own, can i withdraw my claim application, since insurance is not going to o anything and i dont want my premium to go up for nothing?? also where do you guys recommend to take the car ???? in Toronto??
Check this thread. I remember a few good places where mentioned in it.
https://g35driver.com/forums/canada/...shops-gta.html
CarStars are always pretty good in general. They did a nice job fixing my keyed fender. I think the place that fixed my dents may also be able to do this work.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
When this happen to me, I spoke to my insurance company and advise them I was going to fix the bumper myself. The only thing I had to do send them pictures of my car after the repairs proving that I had fixed it. My insurance premiums were not impacted.
thank you for the feedback, since it was hit and run seems like i should not be paying anything, i will check the thread for good body shops since insurance takes care of everything. i would rather not pay for this (i had to fix pedal accelarator problem which cost me 700 bucks to fix it. )

Old 07-22-2012, 10:55 PM
Here is the after.

looks pretty good for a fix and paint job, even though i do see slight remains from the accident, but it is really minimal, which shop took care of this?

Old 07-22-2012, 11:35 PM
thank you for the feedback, since it was hit and run seems like i should not be paying anything, i will check the thread for good body shops since insurance takes care of everything. i would rather not pay for this (i had to fix pedal accelarator problem which cost me 700 bucks to fix it. )
Pedal accelerator problem? You mean a speeding ticket?

Old 07-23-2012, 01:46 AM
Pedal accelerator problem? You mean a speeding ticket?
haha lol no, what happened was my car wouldnt go over 2k rpm, i thought it was the sensor, nissan did a check ends up being the accelerator pedal problem(i dunno they quote me that way) i wouldnt dare going over the speed limit after once (55km IN A 40km area ) caught.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:59 AM
Everything seems more expensive in Canada or maybe the Canadian sheckle is worth a lot less than the California dollar.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:54 AM
Everything seems more expensive in Canada or maybe the Canadian sheckle is worth a lot less than the California dollar.
most of the time yes, i have parts guy but this time i had to go with dealer, this is like 2nd time in 4 yrs i am visiting a dealer. i will update the thread if something comes up and after fix pics.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Quick update: prochillo bros says i need bumper change, $1100 approx quoted, if i bring a part out they say 400-500 bucks for painting and mounting. He said he can fix but it wont look good, Alphabit where did u get it fixed?

Old 07-23-2012, 10:58 PM
Quick update: prochillo bros says i need bumper change, $1100 approx quoted, if i bring a part out they say 400-500 bucks for painting and mounting. He said he can fix but it wont look good, Alphabit where did u get it fixed?
Got my bumper fixed at:

Bayview Greenlane Auto Repairs
14-60 Green Lane, Thornhill, ON L3T 7P5
905-882-8354

They also got rid of some rust that was starting to show up on my rear driver side wheel well.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:07 AM
Definitely dont go through auto insurance. youll be screwed.

Thats a veryyyyyy easy fix. happened to my bumper a few years back with a huge hole in it too. right now it looks brand new. They pop it out with a heat gun and paint it. prob shudnt cost more than $400 - $500 max. I took mine to CFD auto collision at islington and steeles. might be far for you , but there shud be a ton of other good places.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hit and Run, Toronto , where to take for rear bumper, pls help! Questions