Canada Serving Canada.

Hit and Run, Toronto , where to take for rear bumper, pls help! Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 02:10 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hit and Run, Toronto , where to take for rear bumper, pls help! Questions

hi everyone, never thought it would happen to me but i got hit and run on the quietest street ever ,i went back from visiting friends and left side rear bumper has a basketball siZie dent. i actually found out a CRV who has same side damage next to me, no brake marks, took pictures, they denied as usual. made a police report at the collision centre at 1:00am. they are going to investigate. my questions, if you please dont mind answering: 1-Where should i take my car, Nissan or any Infiniti dealer? the police put an estimate of 1200. or any other place in Toronto, i live close to downtown. 2-since it is hit and run by rear end not my fault, do you think my insurance would be affected?(the worse part is i just changed to meloche monnex td, they gave me an awesome rate. ) and overall how screwed i am? if it was minor i would do it on my own but the whole rear bumper has to be changed 3-i have no idea on monday when the insurance agent call me, what do i say in terms of repairs and going forward.? . im pretty upset, i have never had this, i will put a pic of my enormous dent,Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  103.5 KB

Last edited by musti82; 07-21-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:20 AM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Worse case you end up buying the aftermarket bumper you always wanted with the insurance money. If the bumper is the only thing damaged, you got off easy! It really depends on your insurance if you will have to pay a deductible or if your rates will go up.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted by dukehotty
Worse case you end up buying the aftermarket bumper you always wanted with the insurance money. If the bumper is the only thing damaged, you got off easy! It really depends on your insurance if you will have to pay a deductible or if your rates will go up.
thank you for the answer, i do have deductible (cant remember if it was 500-1000 bucks) so im assuming some money wil be paid by me.I guess i have to sort it out by insurance on monday and get some quotes from dealers at the mean time. yeah the spot is a inch away from left rear so im sure its only bumper which needs to be replaced. God knows how much they charge.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If your car was parked and you got hit, I'm pretty sure your premium won't go up. I'm with Monnex too, great rates!

Old 07-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by maobowski
If your car was parked and you got hit, I'm pretty sure your premium won't go up. I'm with Monnex too, great rates!
Yeah they have great rates, i switched to them couple of months ago. Well this week i ll probably find out the results.i called nissan scarborough, they have a collision cnetre , they quoted 500 bucks just for painting. Do you think i am responsible for the deductible part? Cause mine is 1k anyways, i might just fix it on my own.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:25 PM
Yeah, If you want to file a claim then you pay the deductible. You're better off just paying the repair out of your own pocket since it's a lot less than your deductible. Unless you find the guy that hit you then you can shake him down for some cash.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by maobowski
Yeah, If you want to file a claim then you pay the deductible. You're better off just paying the repair out of your own pocket since it's a lot less than your deductible. Unless you find the guy that hit you then you can shake him down for some cash.
Well i dont have high hopes of getting the suspect to confess, i did put her under my report, they are going to talk to her, she ll deny it for sure but maybe if they can somehow match her front bumper damage to my rear,

Old 07-21-2012, 01:56 PM
1. If your deductible is 500 and your rate will NOT go up- Get an estimate and use the money to buy/paint/install whichever bumper you want.

2. If your deductible is 1000 then you def. want to just buy a good used one already painted. Depending on what you find, you can get one on here for between 200-500 bucks already painted.

I put my own front bumper all by myself (using instructions found on this forum!)

What color is your car!? Where are the pics!?

Old 07-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by dukehotty
1. If your deductible is 500 and your rate will NOT go up- Get an estimate and use the money to buy/paint/install whichever bumper you want.

2. If your deductible is 1000 then you def. want to just buy a good used one already painted. Depending on what you find, you can get one on here for between 200-500 bucks already painted.

I put my own front bumper all by myself (using instructions found on this forum!)

What color is your car!? Where are the pics!?
Got it! İm on iphone i dunno if there is anyway i can upload to forum from my cell???

Old 07-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Old 07-21-2012, 06:50 PM
You are a lucky man. You could probably just pop that back out and repaint the bumper. No damage to your tail lights or the rest of your car.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:55 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
yeah i agree with duke, or just drive with it for a while and jump on a deal when u see one for a rear bumper, u might even get lucky if someones parting out and has the same color

Old 07-22-2012, 01:49 AM
Hi Musti had something similar happen to me a few years ago. Got my bumper popped back out and repainted for 300 I think.

Name:  3596226934_cafdfcdbe3_b.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  134.6 KB

Last edited by alphabit; 07-22-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:03 AM
Ouch! That looks like it cut through the bumper! Any after pics!?

Old 07-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by alphabit
Hi Musti had something similar happen to me a few years ago. Got my bumper popped back out and repainted for 300 I think.

I already reported the accident to collusion centre,tomorrow i will talk to Insurance but most likely (unless i have one of those first one guilt free type of coverage) the investigation will come up with nothing. if there is gonna be deductible, i might as well try to either get this thing popped and getting it painted and see how it looks or look for someones part out, my last question is if i decide to fix it on my own, can i withdraw my claim application, since insurance is not going to o anything and i dont want my premium to go up for nothing?? also where do you guys recommend to take the car ???? in Toronto??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hit and Run, Toronto , where to take for rear bumper, pls help! Questions