G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Just bought a 60k Mile 2007 G35 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Coupe
Post Just bought a 60k Mile 2007 G35 Coupe

Hey guys this is my first time posting on here (or any forum) so give me some slack but I recently just bought a 2007 automatic g35 coupe here in the PNW Seattle area and it is my first ever car. The car is completely stock besides a NISMO exhaust one of the previous owners did that sounds good in my opinion yet I'm biased. I am planning on doing a 60k-mile service for the car as I am going to hit 60k miles this week as well as getting everything up to date maintenance-wise as I don't know what all the previous owner did. Here is a list of everything I'm planning on doing plus where I'm getting it from, if anyone has any feedback or suggestions I'd love to know if or anything else I should do. It is my daily and not track built at all just something I can have fun in while in high school. Again this is my first car and first time posting here so give me some slack yall I appreciate it!

Break Pads: Duralast Gold Ceramic front and rear (Autozone)
Brake Fluid: Prestone DOT 3 Brake Fluid 32 Ounce (Autozone)
Oil + Filter: Mobil 1 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-30, 5 Quart + Mobil 1 Oil Filter M1-108A (Amazon)
Coolant: Nissan Genuine Fluid 999MP-L25500P Blue Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant - 2 Gallons (Amazon)
Air Filters (engine and cabin): K&N Engine Air Filter + Cabin Air Filter (Amazon)
Transmission Fluid: Genuine Nissan OEM Matic-S Transmission Fluid 999MP-MTS00P 5 Quarts (Amazon)
Differential Fluid: Mobil 1 75W-90 Synthetic Gear Lube 2 Quarts (Amazon)
Power Steering Fluid: Genuine Nissan Fluid 999MP-EPSF00P Electric Power Steering Fluid 1 Quart (Amazon)
Windshield Wipers: Bosch ICON Wiper Blades 24A17A (Amazon)
Windshield Wiper Fluid: Rain-X 2-IN-1 -25 Degree Windshield Washer Fluid 1 Gallon (Autozone)

TOTAL: $500ish after tax

Old Today, 10:49 AM
Premier Member

Received 422 Likes on 340 Posts
New NGK iridium spark plugs.

Old Today, 12:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Coupe K23
Waddup man! I’m not any older then you 19 years old with a okay G. You have all the right ideas.

note: if you have green coolant and want to switch to blue you have to flush all the green out with water or you will mess up your coolant even with your engine I believe as they don’t mix just to be on the safe side! If you are going to be changing coolant and bleeding your coolant I would switch Out the bleeder screw by the fire wall with a aluminum one from Z1 it will be a life changer for you trust! I would also check to make sure the radiator and fan are good also or you’ll overheat like I did!

When doing power steering I believe you have to bleed the system for bubbles to make sure all the fluid goes in and make sure you don’t hear any noises when turning the wheel don’t ask me how I know.

ATF fluid I would recommend doing a drain and fill and slowly introduce new fluid! (ATF fluid can be used at power steering

diff fluid make sure you get a new washer for the drain bolt that’s just me personally.

Oil: I would recommend going to Walmart for that as it’s cheaper. I do 3,500 mile oil changes so I run Fram’s oil filter with super-tech as it gets expensive to buy Mobil’s 108 and Mobil 1 oil at $26 with the filter $12 ish. $40ish in total with tax

check your valve cover gaskets are they rubber and will crack and leak oil over time and burn it on the headers and it’ll stink. Changing them yourselves is a hard job but not hard also.

spark plugs are another good one like another comment said make sure to get (NGK iridium) with that being said you could get new coil packs.

make sure your manual mode works if not it’s your cluster same with the gas gauge not working. Refill around every 200 miles on the trip meter and reset it every time you get gas.

A plenum spacer is also good a cheap mod that’s good for helping the car get more air, and lastly a catch can it’s not needed but it’s up to you!