Canada Serving Canada.

Do NOT go to Willowdale Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 11:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do NOT go to Willowdale Infiniti

Do NOT go to Willowdale Infiniti. I would like to share my experience there.

I got my G35 from Willowdale and the buying experience was ok. Randy was a fair person to deal with and I have no problem with that.

But I just got some troubles when servicing my car in that dealership.

I got an accident on that freezing rain Thursday night early April. My G need some repair job on the bumper. I brought the car to their shop and I'm not even close to get back my G and it's been a month. They keep giving me same excuses for 3 consecutives weeks (I've called them Apr 21, Apr 29, May 5). They claim that they have parts backorder all 3 times. Now my insurance coverage on rental has over the limit. I call them and ask if they can do anything to compromise my situation and this is a quote from him, "I can't do anything about it without the parts, go complain whereever you wanted".

I think everyone of us have spend our hard earn to paid for a 40 grands car, and we deserve some better service.

Sorry for long post and poor grammar.

Final word,
Don't risk your car at Willowdale Infiniti!!!!

Old 05-06-2003, 07:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Do NOT go to Willowdale Infiniti

Truthfully, if the parts are backordered, there isn't anything your dealership can do, except be friendly and apologetic.

Complaints should be directed at Infiniti consumer relations. Explain your situation to your insurance adjustor and see if they'll help you out on the rental. If not, direct that complaint at Infiniti-corporate as well.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 05-06-2003, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice.

I actually did talk to my insurance and because the rental limit has reach and there's no more addition payment for rental would be allowed. I also file a record to the Infiniti Canada corporate as well.

Well, I think what upset me the most is how the treatment and manner I got from them. I understand "backordered" is a valid argument for the delay but I think in this case it is almost over a month. I have some questions come up in my mind: Is that the true reason that lead to the delay? Is "backordered" means that he can treat me like trash? Is it mean that they can waive all there responsibility?

Well, maybe other place wouldn't be any better. But for me, my choice is that I would never trust my car at Willowdale again.

Old 05-06-2003, 09:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They shouldn't treat you like trash. They should be nice.

Backorder is a legitimate reason for delay, but nothing is a reason for treating a customer like trash. It took one month to get a replacement head unit for my car when the cd player jammed. What was not legitimate was them telling me it would be a week, and a week later saying it would be any day now, and half a week later bothering to check that it was, indeed, backordered and they had no clue when it would come in. I was a little miffed. Then my seat was rocking loose, and they looked up a TSB that addressed the issue (this was a different service advisor). Ordered a part, told me before I left that they were on backorder, as it seemed the part just became available and everyone was ordering them. This I was okay with.. upfront honesty. I think I'll be requesting the second advisor from now on, the first one doesn't bother to follow through on anything, the second one actually calls me back when he says he will.

You might try talking to a different person. Try a manager. Be polite. Express your concerns and dis-satisfaction with the way you were treated. They may actually bend over backwards and give you a free loaner car to keep you happy. If not, maybe they can at least set you up with a loaner at a reduced daily rate that's less than what you're paying now.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter