Canada Serving Canada.

PayPal not as secure as you think!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 07:14 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
PayPal not as secure as you think!

This past Sat morning my Wife decided to go online to check our Visa statement much to her surprise there was just over $10,000 in unexplained purchases , after her short panic attack I calmed her down and we spoke to Visa our card was hacked and someone went on a travel booking spree, the lady was nice and told us not to worry this was a classic case of fraud and the purchases were common for thieves to make because of how hard is was to trace.

looking back on our purchases it seemed to have happened not long after my Front chin spoiler purchase from Tunerz_Store. I hadn't used the card since but did use it on Fri eve which was long after the unexplained purchases were taken place. ALL of the purchases were from the US in USD for trips from Hotel booking sites.

I'm surprised and kind of pissed off that this happened using the "secure" PayPal now I'm sure nothing on the internet is secure these days but I really didn't think this would have happened using PayPal.

I was thinking for getting a set of HFC/ test pipes but an now reluctant in fear of the same happening again.

The following users liked this post:
dukehotty (06-09-2015)
Old 06-08-2015, 08:14 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
I am not the biggest fan of paypal/ebay either. I got screwed 4 years ago. I sold an Omega Speedy Pro on ebay for $3550. Buyer paid, I shipped everything was smooth. Buyer issued dispute, claiming "item other than described", never communicated with me prior. claimed watch was a replica. Paypal took money out of my account and told buyer to mail it back. Buyer mailed me a rock with tracked shipping. I put in a dispute with paypal/ebay, saying seller scammed me. Seller won by showing proof of tracking and delivery. Ended up loosing a watch. Now I refuse to touch Paypal for anything over $500.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:53 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
I am not the biggest fan of paypal/ebay either. I got screwed 4 years ago. I sold an Omega Speedy Pro on ebay for $3550. Buyer paid, I shipped everything was smooth. Buyer issued dispute, claiming "item other than described", never communicated with me prior. claimed watch was a replica. Paypal took money out of my account and told buyer to mail it back. Buyer mailed me a rock with tracked shipping. I put in a dispute with paypal/ebay, saying seller scammed me. Seller won by showing proof of tracking and delivery. Ended up loosing a watch. Now I refuse to touch Paypal for anything over $500.
My gf used to do this with designer clothes (really high end crap like Steve McQueen) and this kind of crap used to happen to her all the time. People saying the item was "fake" and ****, but she can't stand fake garbage and I know how much this stuff costs. She never got a rock back in the mail (haha) but I'll be damned if I didn't get an earful every time some scumbag tried to pull some ****. EBay sucks.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:54 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Unfortunately both are good services

It's the people who are the degenerates

Old 06-08-2015, 09:58 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
Unfortunately both are good services

It's the people who are the degenerates
That's true, that's true.. (Kip)

Old 06-09-2015, 05:20 AM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
That is some FKN BLLSHT!!!!

Old 06-09-2015, 03:38 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
Wholly crap!!!