Canada Serving Canada.

Motul V300 - Thanks Jerry!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 11:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Motul V300 - Thanks Jerry!

So I finally dropped my car off at Yorkville over the weekend and had Jerry do my oil change & transmission oil too.

With Motul V300 in the tranny, it's feels so buttery smooth! I definitely recommend this to anybody who complains about their notchy 6MT.
Jerry also hooked me up with some Motul 0W40 engine oil and this is great stuff also!

All this wasn't cheap...but well worth it. Hopefully you can cut me a nice deal on the pulley when I'm ready for it Thanks again Jerry.

Old 05-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Could you post or PM a ballpark figure?

Old 05-18-2005, 11:38 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by fluffydot
So I finally dropped my car off at Yorkville over the weekend and had Jerry do my oil change & transmission oil too.

With Motul V300 in the tranny, it's feels so buttery smooth! I definitely recommend this to anybody who complains about their notchy 6MT.
Jerry also hooked me up with some Motul 0W40 engine oil and this is great stuff also!

All this wasn't cheap...but well worth it. Hopefully you can cut me a nice deal on the pulley when I'm ready for it Thanks again Jerry.
i heard about the motul being good. I can't seem to find a dealer around here though.

Old 05-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Deane, FWIW here's a site for Canadian orders w/o border issues.
http://www.ppsonline.net/motul.htm

Old 05-18-2005, 12:43 PM
Motul

I went with Jerry's recommendation for Motul fluids from the first opportunity. The engine, brake, clutch, and tranny are fully on synthetic fluids and they all combine for a smooth ride. I wouldn't go with anything less.

Old 05-18-2005, 01:47 PM
quick question on the oil changes, I will be getting a g35, on my first oil change I will switch to the synthetic oil. should I switch my tranny oil as well when I do my first oil change? and should I do my diff oil as well?

Old 05-18-2005, 02:16 PM
I changed my transmission fluid, diff fluid, motor oil after 2000km. I did not go with synthetic oil right the way however. The Trany is still notchy but it is not as bad as before the change of fluid.

Old 05-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by God|ZIlla168
quick question on the oil changes, I will be getting a g35, on my first oil change I will switch to the synthetic oil. should I switch my tranny oil as well when I do my first oil change? and should I do my diff oil as well?
You'll get a lot of different answeres on this one.....

FWIW...
I waited until 10K km so that everything was nicely broken in.
Also only change the oil in the MT.
You must use the Nissan AT fluid to maintain the warrantee for AT cars.

Old 05-18-2005, 02:45 PM
I had my tranny fluid, Motul, from Yorkville. In the beggining, it felt smoother but a day or later, it wasn't smooth at all. Shifting to the 2nd gear, i can hear metal clunk and I explained to Jerry. He hasn't emailed me back and I assumed he avoiding my respond about the tranny. I don't know why he isn't responding back All I want to get that 2nd gear metal clunk go away....

Does anyone have the 2nd gear metal clunk (meaning, you can feel and hear the metal hit each other)?

Last edited by WolfsterX; 05-18-2005 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
I waited until 10K km so that everything was nicely broken in.
I will be switching to Mobil 1 for my first oil change due in a couple weeks. I'm pretty sure my engine's broken in completely.

Old 05-18-2005, 03:07 PM
okay so my assumption is change the engine oil to synthetic for sure, i will be getting the manual so from what I can see is wait a little longer for the tranny and diff?

Old 05-18-2005, 06:44 PM
noise

I haven't experienced anything as you mentioned.

Try emailing Jerry again. Maybe he didn't receive it. He's very good at getting back to people.

Originally Posted by WolfsterX
I had my tranny fluid, Motul, from Yorkville. In the beggining, it felt smoother but a day or later, it wasn't smooth at all. Shifting to the 2nd gear, i can hear metal clunk and I explained to Jerry. He hasn't emailed me back and I assumed he avoiding my respond about the tranny. I don't know why he isn't responding back All I want to get that 2nd gear metal clunk go away....

Does anyone have the 2nd gear metal clunk (meaning, you can feel and hear the metal hit each other)?

Old 05-18-2005, 07:45 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Deane, FWIW here's a site for Canadian orders w/o border issues.
http://www.ppsonline.net/motul.htm

Thanks. Next change we'll be doing it.

Old 05-18-2005, 08:06 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Bro. Jerry's an upstanding guy, if he hasn't answered your email it's because he hasn't seen it. He will get to it eventually or you can call him at:
416-975-2623

he will look after you.

Colin.

Old 05-19-2005, 11:41 AM

Thats funny I did email you back, very strange....you are the first to mention the notchy. I would like to see your car, and Mike's car as well since he is also having a concern. Since we have done so many gear 300v replacements already, yours and Mike's are the only 2 that have issues, that I have heard of. If there are issues then I will report it directly to my Motul rep. here.

Thanks,

Jerry

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Motul V300 - Thanks Jerry!