Canada Serving Canada.

East Coast Meet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2005 | 11:08 PM
|
Whatever you fellows decide is a go with us, just say the word. We're leaving this tough decision up to you guys .

Old 09-05-2005 | 11:38 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
+2

C.

Old 09-06-2005 | 09:43 AM
Traveling Administrator
Like Jeremy stated, Moncton would definitely have more food/beverage options than Amherst, but would be a little longer drive for Deane.

Old 09-06-2005 | 09:56 AM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by canuck
Like Jeremy stated, Moncton would definitely have more food/beverage options than Amherst, but would be a little longer drive for Deane.
Shane, Exactly.....and if Deane can handle the extra 45 minutes, it sounds like Monc. is the ticket.

What say you Bluenoser? Are you up to it bro? or do you need a nap after your run??

C.

Old 09-06-2005 | 08:11 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Gsedanman
Shane, Exactly.....and if Deane can handle the extra 45 minutes, it sounds like Monc. is the ticket.

What say you Bluenoser? Are you up to it bro? or do you need a nap after your run??

C.
Hey guys, let's do the Moncton thing. That seems to be what the Herring Chokers want!! Shane, maybe you and Jeremy can suggest a good meeting point that is good and also convenient. I should be able to be up there by noon so I'm sure that will work well.
Colin, no nap needed on a short little run like that. I actually have napped a few times after a real long and hard one(35k+) but even that's rare. The week before last I ran 125 km in 6 days and this week I expect to do 130+km over 7 days. It's nearly another full time occupation and I must say I'm a bit weary some days since I've also been working about 70 hours a week lately.

Old 09-06-2005 | 08:25 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by RBull
Hey guys, let's do the Moncton thing. That seems to be what the Herring Chokers want!! Shane, maybe you and Jeremy can suggest a good meeting point that is good and also convenient. I should be able to be up there by noon so I'm sure that will work well.
Colin, no nap needed on a short little run like that. I actually have napped a few times after a real long and hard one(35k+) but even that's rare. The week before last I ran 125 km in 6 days and this week I expect to do 130+km over 7 days. It's nearly another full time occupation and I must say I'm a bit weary some days since I've also been working about 70 hours a week lately.
No problem Deane, Jeremy and I will chat it over and come up with a good meeting place.

130kms in a week??? I barely drive that many kms in a week in my G!! That is some kind of physical endurance Deane.

Old 09-06-2005 | 09:13 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
No problem Deane, Jeremy and I will chat it over and come up with a good meeting place.

130kms in a week??? I barely drive that many kms in a week in my G!! That is some kind of physical endurance Deane.
That sounds great Shane. We'll have a good time.

Yeah, I must admit even myself its quite a bit. My legs are in a constant state of repair, especially with the high volume and some racing thrown in. I'm not complaining though. There are some advantages with being able to eat whatever and however much you want.
I can hardly wait wait for my taper starting in two weeks when I cut back teh miles more each week until marathon time Oct 9.

Old 09-06-2005 | 09:20 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Hey Bluenoser, just kiddin' about the nap...lol. kudos to your being in shape. I should take up a little runnin' myself and shed these 'few' extra pounds.

Tell me, does driving long distance count......if so, then I should be down to a good weight on arrival....... --- and for sure I'll be napping......

I'd forgotten about the H/Choker-Bluenoser rivalry.. as I remmeber, it's all in fun.
BTW, are we inlanders, outlanders, westerners, or hosers? (besides being brother and sister G's and M's)

Whatever we are, we all friends too and it'll be great to get together with friends.

25 days and counting (to Moncton).

C.

Old 09-06-2005 | 09:22 PM
|
That sounds great Shane. We'll have a good time.

Yeah, I must admit even myself its quite a bit. My legs are in a constant state of repair, especially with the high volume and some racing thrown in. I'm not complaining though. There are some advantages with being able to eat whatever and however much you want.
I can hardly wait wait for my taper starting in two weeks when I cut back teh miles more each week until marathon time Oct 9.
Man oh Man , I envy you Deane, my joints are aching from just reading your posts about the training. And yes, that part about being able to eat whatever and however is just an old memory to me .

Old 09-06-2005 | 09:32 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Man oh Man , I envy you Deane, my joints are aching from just reading your posts about the training. And yes, that part about being able to eat whatever and however is just an old memory to me .
It's an old memory for me too....and I am only 33!! I wish me golfing 3-4 rounds a week had the same effect as running 130kms!!

Old 09-06-2005 | 09:32 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Gsedanman
Hey Bluenoser, just kiddin' about the nap...lol. kudos to your being in shape. I should take up a little runnin' myself and shed these 'few' extra pounds.

Tell me, does driving long distance count......if so, then I should be down to a good weight on arrival....... --- and for sure I'll be napping......

I'd forgotten about the H/Choker-Bluenoser rivalry.. as I remmeber, it's all in fun.
BTW, are we inlanders, outlanders, westerners, or hosers? (besides being brother and sister G's and M's)

Whatever we are, we all friends too and it'll be great to get together with friends.

25 days and counting (to Moncton).

C.
Hey Colin,

Sure driving counts. 1000 miles might equal 1 mile of running!! an that's with no snacking allowed

Rivalry, what rivalry?? Everyone knows we live in a more beautiful place.

None of the above. Here in NS you would be known as a CFA. (come from away)

We're all the same though when it comes to having fun and enjoying our G's

d

Old 09-06-2005 | 09:33 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
It's an old memory for me too....and I am only 33!! I wish me golfing 3-4 rounds a week had the same effect as running 130kms!!
If you ran from hole to hole it might work!!

Old 09-06-2005 | 09:39 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by GEE35X
My joints are aching from while reading it too!!

I hope the food thing isn't a distant memory for me for many years to come. In any event we'll all have to indulge a bit on Sunday Oct 2. I am usually strict with my diet and no alcohol for a month before a marathon so I am going to have to do something about that.

Deane

Old 09-06-2005 | 09:39 PM
Traveling Administrator
If you ran from hole to hole it might work!!
Yeah, that might work for sure! My playing partners might not like it though!

Speaking of golf, are you bringing your sticks down Ian? There is a tonne of nice courses down this way. Early October is a great time to play.

Old 09-07-2005 | 07:40 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Yeah, that might work for sure! My playing partners might not like it though!

Speaking of golf, are you bringing your sticks down Ian? There is a tonne of nice courses down this way. Early October is a great time to play.
hehe..
You had my attention right away when you mentioned you play 3-4 rounds a week

I agree lots of great tracks down your way.
Haven't gotten into trip details yet,
but if there's an way to squeeze in a game......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Meet