Canada Serving Canada.

East Coast Meet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2005 | 08:07 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Hey guys, it's settling down a bit now on prices. Yesteray I filled with premium at 1.45.9. Regular is 1.38.9

We're looking forward to seeing you all. Have you guys thought about where exactly you're going to here on the East Coast and should we be planning a mini meet. Or are you stopping for a while in NB and then carrying on to Bluenose country?

Deane

Attached Thumbnails East Coast Meet-export_02.jpg  
Old 09-04-2005 | 09:28 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by RBull
Hey guys, it's settling down a bit now on prices. Yesteray I filled with premium at 1.45.9. Regular is 1.38.9

We're looking forward to seeing you all. Have you guys thought about where exactly you're going to here on the East Coast and should we be planning a mini meet. Or are you stopping for a while in NB and then carrying on to Bluenose country?

Deane
Hey there marathon man......by the looks of your latest pic, the sea air has got to your nose .. I like it, and would make a good avatar...

I hadn't seen your post until after I talked to you, Deane, coincidence that you should post just as I called.

Once we get our heads together on the 18th here, we'll finalize our sched. for arrival your end to give you guys time to arrange your sched.
We're hoping to get away from ONtario Friday morning, to arrive late Saturday. tho we haven't talked about where yet. This will enable a meet on Sunday......

Hope all is going well with AutoQual. I'll definitely look for the outlet that will open up in my area.

and yes now the gas pricing is going the right way for a change.

Stay in touch and stay safe.
Colin.

Old 09-04-2005 | 09:48 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Gsedanman
Hey there marathon man......by the looks of your latest pic, the sea air has got to your nose .. I like it, and would make a good avatar...

I hadn't seen your post until after I talked to you, Deane, coincidence that you should post just as I called.

Once we get our heads together on the 18th here, we'll finalize our sched. for arrival your end to give you guys time to arrange your sched.
We're hoping to get away from ONtario Friday morning, to arrive late Saturday. tho we haven't talked about where yet. This will enable a meet on Sunday......

Hope all is going well with AutoQual. I'll definitely look for the outlet that will open up in my area.

and yes now the gas pricing is going the right way for a change.

Stay in touch and stay safe.
Colin.
Good talking to you Colin.
I guess great minds think alike.

I suppose that might make a good avatar but I might get in trouble with a copywrite issue??? If you don't actually know the story of how Bluenosers got their name here it is:
Years ago Nova Scotia fisherman used to wear long blue slicker coats on their boats. However they were made years ago caused the blue dye to come off as they constantly wiped their noses on their sleeves on cold wet days- hence the name.

At our Annual Bluesnose Marathon in May they paint all willing participants noses with blue. Its an interesting sight to see many runners looking like that.

We'll look forward to hearing the plans for the upcoming trip. We'll work our schedule around whatever needs to happen.

Deane

Old 09-05-2005 | 02:57 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
...................We're looking forward to seeing you all. Have you guys thought about where exactly you're going to here on the East Coast and should we be planning a mini meet. Or are you stopping for a while in NB and then carrying on to Bluenose country?
Deane
Hey Deane, Shane, Jeremy et al.

As Colin mentions, we'll put our heads together on the 18th.

Was just wondering, does it make sense for the East Coasters
to pick a suitable location for the meet on Sunday?
(since you guys will have to travel a bit as well)

The meet location would likely be our Saturday destination.

Old 09-05-2005 | 06:21 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Hey Deane, Shane, Jeremy et al.

As Colin mentions, we'll put our heads together on the 18th.

Was just wondering, does it make sense for the East Coasters
to pick a suitable location for the meet on Sunday?
(since you guys will have to travel a bit as well)

The meet location would likely be our Saturday destination.
Good point Ian......and I looked at the map for a more or less central location for just that reason.......and if I might suggest-- Amherst N.S.
Would be easy for all to find, not too far for Jeremy and Shane and would give Deane a chance to get his 12k marathon in on that day (is that the Bluenose M. you mentioned in the other thread Deane?)

Toss it around guys.....I was just doing a little pre-planning and hadn't even mentioned it yet to Ian or Wayne on this end... But it does look like a lovely town and a great setting. It's got a little history there too if memory serves.

You fellas will have a dozen suggestions, so please suggest on.........as Ian says, it'll likely be our Sat. destination.

I'll probably go on from there (wherever that might be) to Lunenburg area to see my long lost friend Michael and hopefully hook up again as I return the next weekend.
Nothing is set in stone yet, so we're always open to suggestions.

C.

Last edited by Msedanman; 09-05-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-05-2005 | 06:41 PM
|
I think whatever works good for Deane, Jeremy and Shane at some central location. As Ian suggested you EC folks give us a suggestion what location works for you and we will be arriving there later on the Saturday and get together on the Sunday. Our convoy will be travelling there together and like C says we will probably venture off on our own after that to explore and see the sights.
Wayne

Old 09-05-2005 | 07:38 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
yes any location you like gents...............as long as it's Amherst.

J/K guys (and gals). You guys in the East sort it amongst yourselves, and we'll figure it in.
My suggestion was based on Deane's marathon, but certainly Shane and Jeremy should have equal say...........Let us know.

P.S.- I pm'd both S and J in case they miss our thread.

c.

Old 09-05-2005 | 08:17 PM
Traveling Administrator
Well, I am honestly open to pretty much anything. If Amherst is the general consensus, than count me in. I haven't been to Amherst (other than driving by) for quite some time so I am not sure what is there. As long as there is a place we can sit down and chat with a beer, I am there!! Moncton is a great place for that.

Deane, you are the one running the marathon, so what ever is most convenient for you.

Last edited by Garnet Canuck; 09-05-2005 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-05-2005 | 08:25 PM
sunday the 2nd in amherst sounds good to me. thats about 2 hours from here, so a nice sunday drive for sure.

things are really starting to come together, should be a great time

jeremy

Old 09-05-2005 | 08:27 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Hey guys, I just got back from a mini family reunion near Truro.
Actually the marathon (26.2 miles)is the next weekend- The Chicago LaSalle Bank Marathon Oct. 9. When I spoke to you Colin I was saying the only thing on my schedule was a planned easy training run of 19k- 12 miles on Oct. 2 Sunday morning. I can get that in early and be in Amherst by 11 am. If its Moncton where we meet I need another 45 minutes or so.

Old 09-05-2005 | 09:02 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Hey guys, I just got back from a mini family reunion near Truro.
Actually the marathon (26.2 miles)is the next weekend- The Chicago LaSalle Bank Marathon Oct. 9. When I spoke to you Colin I was saying the only thing on my schedule was a planned easy training run of 19k- 12 miles on Oct. 2 Sunday morning. I can get that in early and be in Amherst by 11 am. If its Moncton where we meet I need another 45 minutes or so.
That's great Deane. Truro is another town I love......"Home of the Tidal Bore" and one that I'd like to see again...

not sure where Shane and Jeremy would like to meet, or their sched., either, so let's see what they have to say..... I only suggested Amherst because it seemed to 'suit' somewhat.,
As you can tell, I'm getting into my organizing mode (for myself of course) in prep for the visit.
I'm sure wherever we meet will be just great.

Shane and Jeremy will post soon (here), so you guys toss it around and let us know.

I haven't had a chance to check my navi for east coast detail, but I'm hoping to in the next few days. I'll post with a followup to what we talked about yesterday. I noticed mapquest has got some good detail, so I'm expecting my navi to have the latest edition too.

Colin

Old 09-05-2005 | 09:04 PM
Traveling Administrator

Shane and Jeremy will post soon (here), so you guys toss it around and let us know.

Colin
Hey Colin, see above posts from Jeremy and I......we are pretty much open to whatever.

Old 09-05-2005 | 09:49 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by canuck
Hey Colin, see above posts from Jeremy and I......we are pretty much open to whatever.

Sorry Jeremy and Shane, I missed your prev. posts.....(O.F. syndrome and trying to do other 'stuff' at the same time )

So provided it's cool with Ian and Wayne, it's btw Moncton and Amherst and either is fine with me.
Why don't the three of you decide btw yourselves which would work best for you, and what you guys think would be the best for a meet.
From my standpoint, I don't know how big those places are, and all I could do is log into their COC's for food & lodging info.

Lookin' forward to it boys and girls......the 'convoy' leaves in about 24 days.

HEEEEEEHAAAAAA..

C.

Old 09-05-2005 | 10:28 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Sorry Jeremy and Shane, I missed your prev. posts.....(O.F. syndrome and trying to do other 'stuff' at the same time )

So provided it's cool with Ian and Wayne, it's btw Moncton and Amherst and either is fine with me.
Why don't the three of you decide btw yourselves which would work best for you, and what you guys think would be the best for a meet.
From my standpoint, I don't know how big those places are, and all I could do is log into their COC's for food & lodging info.

Lookin' forward to it boys and girls......the 'convoy' leaves in about 24 days.

HEEEEEEHAAAAAA..

C.
Moncton is like a home away from home; from when we built the water plant there.
I've been through Amherst, but that's about it.

Either is fine.....,
What ever works best for you guys is OK by me

Old 09-05-2005 | 10:51 PM
moncton would be more exciting then amherst, and would have better food options, but amherst would be more 'quaint'.

like i said, i'd be up for either.

jeremy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Meet