Canada Serving Canada.

Michelin Brake Dust Repellent

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2005 | 01:19 AM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by God|ZIlla168
I think is because is not brembo brake, and really i think there are less brake dust on my car then my brothers BMW.

One more thing my name is Eric, but is okay i understand you have the over 50 syndrome.
LOL yes the O.F. affliction, lol, that and trying to remember hundreds of names , my bad Eric, got you mixed up with KomikazeiG35 (Al).
Glad you guys are patient.

Glad to hear the '05's are less probelmatic with brake dust.

C.

Old 06-30-2005 | 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by WolfsterX
Oh yeah... forgot to mention.. mine is Brembo.. lot of brake dust than a non-brembo
Wanna trade brakes?

Old 06-30-2005 | 01:53 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Picked up a Michelin Brakedust Repellent kit today. I'm going to check it out myself on the M.
Stay tuned.
Colin.

Old 06-30-2005 | 04:25 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Took left side wheels off today and used the Michelin Brakedust Repellent kit to clean and prepare the tires and wheels.
Application for the 3 step system was easy and cleaned and dried nicely.
We'll see how clean they stay. I wasn't getting much brakedust just a little.

I attached one pic for Wayne who saw my wheels last Monday. They were dusty and nasty looking compared to his, so here Wayne : these I'm proud of.

Attached Thumbnails Michelin Brake Dust Repellent-mini-0001.jpg  
Old 06-30-2005 | 05:12 PM
I can't help but wonder how those wheels would look on a G.

Old 06-30-2005 | 05:27 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by Balzz
I can't help but wonder how those wheels would look on a G.
I think they'd be cool. The wheels I like as much are the '05 18" Coupe wheels that Wayne bought off Chico for his SedanX. They're cool too.

https://g35driver.com/forums/attachm...chmentid=15601

Last edited by Msedanman; 06-30-2005 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-30-2005 | 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Gsedanman
I think they'd be cool. The wheels I like as much are the '05 18" Coupe wheels that Wayne bought off Chico for his SedanX. They're cool too.
We should do a quick swap at the next meet.

Old 06-30-2005 | 05:34 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by Balzz
We should do a quick swap at the next meet.
Don't mind at all, bro, so long as you don't fall in love too much with them.
C.

Old 06-30-2005 | 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Gsedanman
I attached one pic for Wayne who saw my wheels last Monday. They were dusty and nasty looking compared to his, so here Wayne : these I'm proud of.
ahhhh...Much better Colin, looks great, you even admitted your tires were in dire need of a cleaning and dressing. Much more befitting for your M45 Sport. It wasn't fair for you either as I just detailed the G and her rims prior to you pulling in my driveway .
As Balzz says, the 19" M sport wheels are awesome looking wheels and I also agree they would look great on a G'
When we checked your wheels after your 2 hour drive to my house it appeared as if you have very little brake dusting problems on your rims.

InTgr8r gave me a tip about Zaino tire dressing (Z16) when we were at one of the meets and I picked some up, love it, easy to apply, not too shiny, and doesn't fling off. Prior to that I used Meguiars Endurance tire dressing.
I also must say the Zaino Gloss enhancer (Z6) is awesome ( I know Gsm won't leave home without it ). I use it after a wax and after every few washes, and I even do the outside of the windows with it (almost as good as RainX on the windows).
I believe I an now a total Zaino Convert .

Wayne

Old 07-04-2005 | 12:26 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by GEE35X
ahhhh...Much better Colin, looks great, you even admitted your tires were in dire need of a cleaning and dressing. Much more befitting for your M45 Sport. It wasn't fair for you either as I just detailed the G and her rims prior to you pulling in my driveway .
As Balzz says, the 19" M sport wheels are awesome looking wheels and I also agree they would look great on a G'
When we checked your wheels after your 2 hour drive to my house it appeared as if you have very little brake dusting problems on your rims.

InTgr8r gave me a tip about Zaino tire dressing (Z16) when we were at one of the meets and I picked some up, love it, easy to apply, not too shiny, and doesn't fling off. Prior to that I used Meguiars Endurance tire dressing.
I also must say the Zaino Gloss enhancer (Z6) is awesome ( I know Gsm won't leave home without it ). I use it after a wax and after every few washes, and I even do the outside of the windows with it (almost as good as RainX on the windows).
I believe I an now a total Zaino Convert .

Wayne
Oh my....
another waxer

Old 07-04-2005 | 12:50 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni
I like the Z16 a lot too - but I still need to pick up some of this break dust repellent. I just wiped my rims down last night after a 400km drive and they were in sad shape. Stinking break dust.

Old 07-04-2005 | 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Oh my....
another waxer
Lol Ian, only the car body parts.

Old 07-06-2005 | 11:19 PM
GEE35X I still can't get over how great the G35 18" rims look on your G35X. I need to find a friend like Chico. My guess is that this will be an option on the 06 models, that and Bluetooth support.

Anyways, you had mentioned tire dressings I wanted to share with you a new bulletin I noticed on Infiniti Help that warns about tire dressing and paint damage.

http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB05-003.htm

Cheers

Old 07-06-2005 | 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by Hold_Out
GEE35X I still can't get over how great the G35 18" rims look on your G35X. I need to find a friend like Chico. My guess is that this will be an option on the 06 models, that and Bluetooth support.

Anyways, you had mentioned tire dressings I wanted to share with you a new bulletin I noticed on Infiniti Help that warns about tire dressing and paint damage.

http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB05-003.htm

Cheers
Thanks Eric, I also really like the 18" wheels and tires, it has made a big difference in the handling and appearance from the stock 17" wheels and all season tires .
Thanks for the tip on the tire dressing. The Zaino dressing seems to work well and doesn't appear to fling off like some others.

Wayne

Old 07-09-2005 | 02:02 AM
Do you have to take your wheels off?

As I understand the process, you spray it on and it foams up... the first thing I began to wonder was whether this was something you *could* get on your rotors through the rims. But in GSM's posting, you mention that you took them off to work on (which makes sense) but isn't that convenient for those of us who don't have a 2.5 ton jack handy and/or air gun to pry off the lug nuts.

So can you leave your wheels on and just spray it without worrying about getting this on the brake rotors?

Thanks,
Al

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Michelin Brake Dust Repellent