Canada Serving Canada.

Need Your Honest Opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2005 | 09:23 PM
|
Originally Posted by big daddy d
Chico do you reelly wanna clean those? I think I'm getting a pretty good idea of your standard of cleanliness re: your ride and.....Ouch!
Well it shouldn't be too bad. These are 8 split spokes in high polished so it should be fairly easy.

BTW, I take my car to a detail shop for hand washes once a week on Saturdays and it's done in 30 min. When I do it, it takes me 2 to 3 hours and I always find some small invisible imperfection that drives me nuts until it's fixed.

Old 07-25-2005 | 09:53 PM
OK bear with me here, I'm just playing devils advocate. The wheels are hot and I trust your taste implicitly. Not a compliment I hand out regularly BTW.

Will you expect the car wash to clean that zone between the spokes? or will you let it get dark so as to contrast the face. Cos if you're a shine everywhere that can shine kinda guy (and I would bet Enron kinda bucks on it) you're gonna need dental floss or qtips or something. Those ain't the Milanos!

I've had rims that took a lot of work before and if you are SUPER fired up on them and can stay on top of it they're worth it, but if you would rather spend the time under the hood, or jetskiing or something.....

Not trying to be a drag. Sometimes I need someone to talk me down off the ledge cos I get a little too fired up. Offering you the same opportunity. If you're into em though - I know I dig em - well, then smoke your credit card to rubble baby cos its shoe time!

Old 07-25-2005 | 11:24 PM
|
OK bear with me here, I'm just playing devils advocate. The wheels are hot and I trust your taste implicitly. Not a compliment I hand out regularly BTW.

Will you expect the car wash to clean that zone between the spokes? or will you let it get dark so as to contrast the face. Cos if you're a shine everywhere that can shine kinda guy (and I would bet Enron kinda bucks on it) you're gonna need dental floss or qtips or something. Those ain't the Milanos!

I've had rims that took a lot of work before and if you are SUPER fired up on them and can stay on top of it they're worth it, but if you would rather spend the time under the hood, or jetskiing or something.....

Not trying to be a drag. Sometimes I need someone to talk me down off the ledge cos I get a little too fired up. Offering you the same opportunity. If you're into em though - I know I dig em - well, then smoke your credit card to rubble baby cos its shoe time!
big d...you're killing me man! I thought I had covered everything, but now you got me thinking AGAIN.

Maybe the R07 have more room and easier to clean? In any case, I'm not cleaning anything that is not "spray on, hose it off" or just a couple of wipes like my Milanos.

I know they sell them with a wheel cleaning kit. I'm gonna have to find out tomorrow.

Old 07-25-2005 | 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by Chico
big d...you're killing me man! I thought I had covered everything, but now you got me thinking AGAIN.

Maybe the R07 have more room and easier to clean? In any case, I'm not cleaning anything that is not "spray on, hose it off" or just a couple of wipes like my Milanos.

I know they sell them with a wheel cleaning kit. I'm gonna have to find out tomorrow.

That's why they call it being the DEVIL'S advocate. It's what new friends are for.

Old 07-26-2005 | 02:46 PM
looks damn nice.

Old 07-26-2005 | 02:48 PM
Any comments on these...ive posted in other threads but would like opinions

Attached Thumbnails Need Your Honest Opinions-he205nerve.jpg   Need Your Honest Opinions-sterling.jpg   Need Your Honest Opinions-tndestiny.jpg  
Old 07-26-2005 | 05:10 PM
|
Originally Posted by KayGee56
Any comments on these...ive posted in other threads but would like opinions
No offence but personally, i wouldn't get any of them. But the second one on the right seems to be the best one of all.

Old 07-26-2005 | 08:52 PM
Chico... I agree with Big Daddy.
I've been looking for some nice wheels for a while and most I look at seem to require as much effort or more to clean than the stock OEM ones. There are a few good wheel cleaning products out there but my preference would be a simple single or twin spoke design. Like Big D says, all the crevices get filled with road crap over time.

A product like Wheel Wax will help but how much time to you want to spend cleaning the wheels?? If you are like me, cleaning the car is like therapy -- everyone leaves me alone for a while

Old 07-26-2005 | 09:25 PM
|
Originally Posted by BbyG35
Chico... I agree with Big Daddy.
I've been looking for some nice wheels for a while and most I look at seem to require as much effort or more to clean than the stock OEM ones. There are a few good wheel cleaning products out there but my preference would be a simple single or twin spoke design. Like Big D says, all the crevices get filled with road crap over time.

A product like Wheel Wax will help but how much time to you want to spend cleaning the wheels?? If you are like me, cleaning the car is like therapy -- everyone leaves me alone for a while
Well, thanks to you and big_d...I am reconsidering...again....for the 200th time. I don't know what to do. But right now they don't seem as nice as they did yesterday.

I've only slept 4 hours since Monday AM and need to get some sleep to clear my head and then decide. I'm even looking at some others I had considered before I got my Milanos. The only thing is, they don't have a lip.

So we'll see. Thanks for your input.

Old 07-27-2005 | 02:55 PM
BTW... Chico... Stern makes an almost identical wheel -- not sure about price comparison but Volco Wheels was offering these at a reduced price. These are also similar to the HRE wheel but the HRE's are much more expensive. I'm looking at the Privat wheels made by Konig, the Fahren style in particular.

Old 07-27-2005 | 04:34 PM
|
Originally Posted by BbyG35
BTW... Chico... Stern makes an almost identical wheel -- not sure about price comparison but Volco Wheels was offering these at a reduced price. These are also similar to the HRE wheel but the HRE's are much more expensive. I'm looking at the Privat wheels made by Konig, the Fahren style in particular.
Thanks for the tip. I'll take a look. For now I went back to another wheel that I liked that is much easier to clean. This is what I hate when buying wheels...flip flopping all the time.

Old 07-27-2005 | 10:56 PM
|
How about this one? I am going outside the box.

http://www.weds.co.jp/products/kranz...polish_fr.html

Attached Thumbnails Need Your Honest Opinions-lxz521evo_celsior.jpg  

Last edited by Chico; 07-27-2005 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-27-2005 | 11:14 PM
Definitely taking the obscurity trophy. Those just might work and noone else will have them.

Old 07-27-2005 | 11:22 PM
|
Definitely taking the obscurity trophy. Those just might work and noone else will have them.
Hit the link... http://www.weds.co.jp/products/kranz...polish_fr.html

that's the finish I like with the 3" lip in the front and 4" in the rear. I just showed my wife and she liked them more than the DPE.

Old 07-28-2005 | 09:35 AM
Sedan
Originally Posted by Chico
How about this one? I am going outside the box.

http://www.weds.co.jp/products/kranz...polish_fr.html
I like the DPE's better.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need Your Honest Opinions