Canada Serving Canada.

Need Your Honest Opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2005 | 11:47 AM
|
Originally Posted by big daddy d
Where were you a month ago before I dropped the 19" Hiro's on? The 20's freak me a bit here in Vancouver with our infamous roads but....the one thing I did discover was that ironically 19" tires cost more than 18s OR even 20's.
Got a smokin deal on the rims @ $1300CDN though so that eased the pain a bit.
wow...that is a great deal. You're gonna have to hook me up if I buy Axis again. I deal with a vendor that I think is related to Axis. Did u get them from a CDN supplier?

Here is a couple of more better pics of the wheel. I already requested a quote anxiously waiting to hear back.

Attached Thumbnails Need Your Honest Opinions-ks3.jpg   Need Your Honest Opinions-ks5.jpg  
Old 07-30-2005 | 08:42 PM
Chico, Where are you on this issue? What's todays thought? Those Kranze look hot in the PS shot.

Old 07-31-2005 | 08:13 PM
|
Chico, Where are you on this issue? What's todays thought? Those Kranze look hot in the PS shot.
Well, I got the quote from my guy in CA. About the same as DPE, which is surprising for a JDM wheel.

He's checking to see if they can do the custom offsets I need and if they can speed up the order. Right now I'm looking at 3 to 4 months.

There is another set that I like which is almost 1/2 the cost, that I can get by mid September and my wife made the point that I could have two sets for the car and never get bored of the same look.

So...it is a toss between the two right now. I should make a final decision by Tuesday.

Old 07-31-2005 | 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by Chico
I should make a final decision by Tuesday.
We'll hold you to that.

Old 07-31-2005 | 09:17 PM
We'll hold you to that.
Mmmmmm, I wonder if Darryl, has his eyes on a a nice set of like new Axis 20's . He seems to be putting on the pressure .

Old 07-31-2005 | 10:30 PM
Sedan
Well, I got the quote from my guy in CA. About the same as DPE, which is surprising for a JDM wheel.

He's checking to see if they can do the custom offsets I need and if they can speed up the order. Right now I'm looking at 3 to 4 months.

There is another set that I like which is almost 1/2 the cost, that I can get by mid September and my wife made the point that I could have two sets for the car and never get bored of the same look.

So...it is a toss between the two right now. I should make a final decision by Tuesday.
Be patient and wait for what you really want. Don't settle for less. There were so many times I almost bought a wheel because I couldn't wait and I know now I would of regretted it.

Old 08-01-2005 | 06:09 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
Be patient and wait for what you really want. Don't settle for less. There were so many times I almost bought a wheel because I couldn't wait and I know now I would of regretted it.
^^WHS +1

Old 08-12-2005 | 12:09 PM
Chico -- any updates for us on the wheel selection??
A friend of mine just took delivery on Konig Tuners 18" -- the black on the wheel looks better in person than in pics. He got an excellent deal at CDN$ 900 including taxes.

pic at: http://www.konigwheels.com/catalog_p...ID=1&ss_id=374

Old 08-12-2005 | 12:40 PM
|
Originally Posted by BbyG35
Chico -- any updates for us on the wheel selection??
A friend of mine just took delivery on Konig Tuners 18" -- the black on the wheel looks better in person than in pics. He got an excellent deal at CDN$ 900 including taxes.

pic at: http://www.konigwheels.com/catalog_p...ID=1&ss_id=374
Actually, I confirmed my order this week. It's not the KRANZE nor the DPE. I found another wheel that I fell in love with right away and knew it would work perfectly with my G. It's a clean and agressive looking wheel.

It took some 20 emails and 15 calls to get the specs and finish worked out the way I wanted them.

I am getting front 20x8.5 w/ 2.75" lip wrapped in 245/35/20 and rear 20x9.5 w/ 3.25" lip in 275/30/20. It's gonna look soooooo craaaaazy!

The bad news it will take about 3 months to custom make and get them from Japan. I think the wait is well worth it.

I'll put up some pics when they're on the car. Thanks for asking.

Old 08-12-2005 | 07:25 PM
The bad news it will take about 3 months to custom make and get them from Japan. I think the wait is well worth it.

I'll put up some pics when they're on the car.
Oh Baby don't be that way. Give us a littler sugar. We need pix!

Can'tcha see we're jonesin' over here?

PHOTOS!PHOTOS!PHOTOS!

Old 08-12-2005 | 07:29 PM

PHOTOS!PHOTOS!PHOTOS!
LMAO- Darryl you are priceless, I was thinking the same thing but thought "Oh well , when Chico is ready he will post pics." It's buggin me too though.
Wayne

Old 08-13-2005 | 01:07 AM
|

PHOTOS!PHOTOS!PHOTOS!
LOL.....I was wondering where you were big_d...we need you to stir the pot and rattle some cages a little.

I wanna show you a pic, but I prefer to show you guys the finished product. I think it will better appreciated...but you never know what I might do tomorrow.

Old 08-13-2005 | 11:10 AM
Hey Chico,

I was in Parksville on Vancouver Island for a week for a beach holiday. We took the Passat Wagon for packability but now I find myself being a little excited to drive my G this morning!

BTW - I am quite flattered that you pm'd me a picture of your new wheel, and while I hate to blow your suprise I just can't keep a secret so........

Attached Thumbnails Need Your Honest Opinions-chico.jpg  
Old 08-13-2005 | 11:59 AM
|
Hey Chico,

I was in Parksville on Vancouver Island for a week for a beach holiday. We took the Passat Wagon for packability but now I find myself being a little excited to drive my G this morning!

BTW - I am quite flattered that you pm'd me a picture of your new wheel, and while I hate to blow your suprise I just can't keep a secret so........
LOL...you can't keep a secret, can you?

Old 08-13-2005 | 12:03 PM
LOL...you can't keep a secret, can you?
Can we PUHLEEZE get some Photoshop here? This is an emergency!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need Your Honest Opinions