Canada Serving Canada.

Driver side power window motor problems... (and temp fix)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 06:26 PM
PDT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gsedanman
Tauseef, Jerry is a good guy, and I'm sure he would claim that under warranty if he could......maybe I'm missing something here......

What I find strange is that however many times you go for the same issue, it should still be covered under 1/ the same original repair request and 2/ under warranty, which, as far as I know, is 4yr + 100k.

What gives?????

Let me know what he says..please.

Colin.

EDIT: I've just talked to Jerry Liu at Yorkville Infiniti about your issue, and he said the same as me-- warranty.
Tauseef, you need to talk to him dirctly about the issue. Give him a call.
416-975-2623.
G/L

Colin.
Wow, thanks Colin!! Man, you amaze me every day!! I have an appointment to take my car in on Sept 6 (earliest they can take me in). I didn't talk to Jerry to make the appointment, but when I told them about my battery (my other post about it being drained after 2 weeks), the guy's answer was, yeah that's seems normal and possible. I was like in 2 weeks the battery could die?? He said yes.

I'll call Jerry tomorrow. I think Jerry's a great guy too. That's why when he told me I had to pay for it, I believed him and trusted him.

Thanks again Colin!

Old 08-30-2005, 10:22 PM
Got my appointment set for tomorrow morning...

They tell me its a quick thing to do, but its so busy over at 401/Dixie that he's going to ask for it early and try and 'juggle' it in when there's a free bay. He tells me I'll have it back after lunch. Here's hoping...

I'll let everyone know how mine goes and do some snoopin' - the guy who works on my car is a young guy and we seem to get along, I tend to get alot of the 'scoop' off of him. So we'll see

Al

Old 08-31-2005, 01:14 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
That's good to hear Colin. I had to agree when reading your earlier post. It's warranty- end of story. In fact if the problem persists Infiniti should be providing a permanent fix so owners aren't constantly being inconvenienced with an adjustment and also aren't worried about the after warranty period. Mine has been reset once now so we'll see what happens.
Deane
Hi Deane,
With so many owners having this issue, I'm surprised that there isn't a TSB or recall yet. I don't have #'s but it seems that 1 out of 2 owners is affected to some degree (and many are repeats)....

The '03 Coupe my bro has now (was mine) has been in 2x - driver's door.

---------

.....Off topic, but we're getting the 'dregs' of Katrina right now.. I'm very thankful that she's lost her fury...all we're getting is a steady rain which will continue into tomorrow.
God bless the people in the southern states especially N.Orleans. Yikes.

Only a month 'til our big trek east.

Colin

Old 08-31-2005, 01:24 AM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by PDT
Wow, thanks Colin!! Man, you amaze me every day!! I have an appointment to take my car in on Sept 6 (earliest they can take me in). I didn't talk to Jerry to make the appointment, but when I told them about my battery (my other post about it being drained after 2 weeks), the guy's answer was, yeah that's seems normal and possible. I was like in 2 weeks the battery could die?? He said yes.

I'll call Jerry tomorrow. I think Jerry's a great guy too. That's why when he told me I had to pay for it, I believed him and trusted him.

Thanks again Colin!
Hi Tauseef, no problem bro, I needed to talk to him anyway about other business, so I called him now instead of later. It's cool.

He'll go over your file with you and explain what's what. I don't know why he would ask you to pay for it, and further, he didn't have your file on hand today, but as I said, he did say it should be warranty and that it's covered for "4 yrs. and 100k"!

You can be sure he'll help all he can. See how you do tomorrow and on the 6th.

G/L
Colin.

Last edited by Msedanman; 08-31-2005 at 01:34 AM.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:31 AM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by kamikazeiG35
They tell me its a quick thing to do, but its so busy over at 401/Dixie that he's going to ask for it early and try and 'juggle' it in when there's a free bay. He tells me I'll have it back after lunch. Here's hoping...

I'll let everyone know how mine goes and do some snoopin' - the guy who works on my car is a young guy and we seem to get along, I tend to get alot of the 'scoop' off of him. So we'll see

Al
Hi Al,
I'm not surprised that it's a "quick thing"...they've prolly done a few (thousand?) by now.

The tech who works on your car would be a great source of info. If you get a chance to chat, ask him some details of the issues, the fixes, and the frequency of incidents (Sedan & Coupe).

Good luck and post up when you can.
Colin.

Old 08-31-2005, 06:10 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Gsedanman
Hi Deane,
With so many owners having this issue, I'm surprised that there isn't a TSB or recall yet. I don't have #'s but it seems that 1 out of 2 owners is affected to some degree (and many are repeats)....

The '03 Coupe my bro has now (was mine) has been in 2x - driver's door.

---------

.....Off topic, but we're getting the 'dregs' of Katrina right now.. I'm very thankful that she's lost her fury...all we're getting is a steady rain which will continue into tomorrow.
God bless the people in the southern states especially N.Orleans. Yikes.

Only a month 'til our big trek east.

Colin
Yep, I agree it's overdue for a TSB. I had the problem a few times before but it corrected on it's own so didn't get mine in until the most recent incident.

We've had some rain and a bit of wind but nothing out of the ordinary. In another month we'll be starting our typical mini hurricane season here. Maybe you guys will even get a taste of it while you're here!

Looking forward to it. We'll keep the fingers crossed the gas prices decline before then.

Deane

Old 09-01-2005, 02:16 PM
PDT
Sorry for the delay in replying to this thread. I spoke to Jerry this morning. He said they will replace my motor in the window, but never mentioned anything about a refund on what I paid already. I guess I'll find out when I go in on Tuesday. He did ask me about my KM's so I wonder if resetting the sensor is not covered till 100 KM. I'm currently at 79,800 KM.

Thanks again for all your help Colin!

Old 09-02-2005, 03:02 AM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by PDT
Sorry for the delay in replying to this thread. I spoke to Jerry this morning. He said they will replace my motor in the window, but never mentioned anything about a refund on what I paid already. I guess I'll find out when I go in on Tuesday. He did ask me about my KM's so I wonder if resetting the sensor is not covered till 100 KM. I'm currently at 79,800 KM.

Thanks again for all your help Colin!
Tauseef,
I'm glad you will get some satisfaction with the upcoming fix.

As you say, talk to Jerry on Tuesday and get the 'scoop'....he'll treat you right.

Colin

Old 09-02-2005, 09:53 AM
PDT
Colin,

I'll keep you posted on how things go on Tuesday! Thanks again!!

Tauseef

Old 09-02-2005, 01:37 PM
A few days after the dealer fix...

Things seem to be going well. It works fine. The only two major differences I can detect are: 1) the motor is a tad louder (lower buzz) than I recall it being, however, with my motor slowing dying (??) maybe it was just what I had become accustom to. 2) I could usually detect a slight gap as the glass lowers, after opening the door (seen by the front corner where our mirror is attached to the door) But now, it is hardly detectable. I thought they might have not programmed it to do it, however when you close the door, you do still hear the brief "vrup" of the window closing the entire way up.

That's it, Dixie/401 took the car off of me around 8:30am and I had a call that it was ready at about noon. They even had a loaner car waiting for me - which was a surprise - but that might've been because I'm usually there waiting for my car ordinarily. Manny's great over there - he did me proud - seeing that they were mega swamped and basically within 3 days he slid me in and juggled jobs around to get my motor swapped.

I'll keep everyone posted on any changes or if my PASSENGER motor goes next!

Cheers,
Al

Old 09-02-2005, 06:39 PM
O.F. Administrator
Al,
That must be a relief to have that fixed ..... Thanks for the update. Please post any future issues.

Jeremy,
Whats the latest on your fix? Are the new parts now ?

C.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Bump for this thread cuz my passenger window is doing the stutter. I first noticed when i went to put it down the motor stayed on all the way at the bottom. It went up fine then freaked out and did the stutter on the way down and got stuck there.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:40 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
the parts are $500 bucks , kijiji guy i think sells it around 300, but with the labor rate its easily $500 for regular mechanic and $700+ (out of warranty) with dealer.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are other posts on this already and how to fix it yourself. I have had to do both of mine and it is fairly easy. The motor just needs to be cleaned where the brushes make contact inside. After many uses, the carbon build up from the brushes in the motor stop the brushes from making proper contact with the armature and therefore when you bang on the door it will sometimes free up the brushes temporarily but will lose contact again if not cleaned.

Do a search on window motor and you will find alot more information on how to do this.