Canada Serving Canada.

Free Nitrogen tire fill @ Costco

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 03:27 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by PDT
Do you need a Costco membership to get the free Nitrogen?
I checked in at my local Costco, here in the south end of Kitchener (near Sportsworld for those who came to our meet earlier).
They do the free Nitrogen refill for members.
I delcined to do the Solara, because, alas, she's on the way out......my new winter ride (an '06 Corolla-- made just around the corner from me) will arrive next week -- so that's the one I'll get filled.

Incidently, they just bleed all the air out of each tire, and refill with pure Nitrogen.
Seems that most Costcos do this for their members.

Colin.

Old 10-20-2005, 05:30 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Msedanman
I checked in at my local Costco, here in the south end of Kitchener (near Sportsworld for those who came to our meet earlier).
I delcined to do the Solara, because, alas, she's on the way out......my new winter ride (an '06 Corolla-- made just around the corner from me) will arrive next week -- so that's the one I'll get filled.

Incidently, they just bleed all the air out of each tire, and refill with pure Nitrogen.

Colin.
Yup, sounds like a corporate decision as some sort of loss leader member benefit.
Don't know when this changed, but they used to fill free when you bought tires from them.
& they used to have a nominal charge of aprox. $15 otherwise.

I'm getting all ours done;
Pat's Escape, my F-150 & G35 (summer & winter)

& congats on the new winter ride.....
had one of those b4 as well;
One of the best A to B cars I've had,
$0 in parts except normal wear & tear.....& mannnnny klicks.

Last edited by InTgr8r; 10-20-2005 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:47 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Yup, sounds like a corporate decision as some sort of loss leader member benefit.
Don't know when this changed, but they used to fill free when you bought tires from them.
& they used to have a nominal charge of aprox. $15 otherwise.

I'm getting all ours done;
Pat's Escape, my F-150 & G35 (summer & winter)

& congats on the new winter ride.....
had one of those b4 as well;
One of the best A to B cars I've had,
$0 in parts except normal wear & tear.....& mannnnny klicks.

Thanks Ian......The 'Rolla is no Infiniti but good enough and comfortable enough to get me thru to April.....

I went out after the new Yaris (replacing the Echo hatch) but it just was too small and short wheelbase. Great for in town, but on the hwy, not my cup of tea., and I just didn't like the centre stack (with speedo, tach, oil and gas.) Little bit weird to me.

So the Corolla is the 'other' ride. They've made them since about 1970 and have just about perfected everything on it.
LOL, ironically, it'll be made this coming Tuesday at the plant across town and delivered with 48 hrs.
If I timed my lunch visit with Mum next Thursday, they could stop in and deliver it there at Mom's....which is about 1/4 mile from the plant.

Dare I post a pic of 'one of those' here?????????? maybe not.

C.

Old 10-20-2005, 08:06 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Dare I post a pic of 'one of those' here?????????? maybe not.

C.
LOL, sure show us the new C18

Old 10-20-2005, 09:08 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Colin.
Congrats on the new Corolla. That's two new ones in a year. Cambridge must be good to you.
If I remember I may get the G done at Costco here before she goes into hibernation.

Old 10-21-2005, 07:02 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by RBull
Congrats on the new Corolla. That's two new ones in a year. Cambridge must be good to you.
If I remember I may get the G done at Costco here before she goes into hibernation.
haha, not sure if it's Cambridge being good to me or what, but the Solara paid for half of it, so it really wasn't too hard to swallow from there.

I must get the M 'gassed up' too b4 she gets put to bed until April.
It'll be a good bet to get done on our rides, since it's reckoned to inhibit rust by eliminating moisture. .

It's tough to be thinking of the 'S' word, yikes, but it's not far down the road.
This is the time of year I start to think that every day that passes is one day closer to April...... and next April is going to be great for you guys out east this time...... -- It's got to be nice- I'm coming back for another visit.

Enjoy what 'G' weather you have left....

Colin.

Old 10-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
haha, not sure if it's Cambridge being good to me or what, but the Solara paid for half of it, so it really wasn't too hard to swallow from there.

It'll be a good bet to get done on our rides, since it's reckoned to inhibit rust by eliminating moisture. .

It's tough to be thinking of the 'S' word, yikes, but it's not far down the road.
This is the time of year I start to think that every day that passes is one day closer to April...... and next April is going to be great for you guys out east this time...... -- It's got to be nice- I'm coming back for another visit.

Colin.
Thanks. I expect to have another 3 weeks of "g"ing until next spring.
That's good to hear about another visit here. I suspect it will be a longer stay for you this time.

Old 10-21-2005, 08:24 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by RBull
Thanks. I expect to have another 3 weeks of "g"ing until next spring.
That's good to hear about another visit here. I suspect it will be a longer stay for you this time.
................... .....................

Old 10-22-2005, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just went to Costoc the one on Elsmer and Warden and they would not do it unless you have done some sort of service before or bought tires from them. WTF! so which costco did you go in Markham maybe I should have gone during the weekdays, how long will it take cuz if it is not long I will do it during my lunch hour.

Old 10-22-2005, 04:53 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by God|ZIlla168
I just went to Costoc the one on Elsmer and Warden and they would not do it unless you have done some sort of service before or bought tires from them. WTF! so which costco did you go in Markham maybe I should have gone during the weekdays, how long will it take cuz if it is not long I will do it during my lunch hour.
Eric,
That's the first one I've heard that won't do it without buying something....

All they should need is a membership card.....check again with them......if they won't, then find another shop. They're all over the place.

G/L
Colin

Old 10-23-2005, 01:11 PM

Colin.
The Corolla is a nice car indeed...ESPECIALLY as a winter car! lol what do you do?? Wish I could afford a brand new car as my winter beater

Old 11-11-2005, 08:37 PM
Finally got the tires filled with nitrogen at costco on woodbine. I recommend you do it during the weekend when is not busy cuz right now they are installing winter tires on cars. There is a huge line up for them too. I got both car done and now I need to wash the G on a nice day and then store it for the winter.

Quick note I recently notice my trunk lid is more dense thanks IAn with the foam less vibration etc. For a test I lock myself in the trunk and really notice the sound chamber that I created works. And guess what the child trunk release glows in the dark. Would have not know if i did not did this

Old 11-12-2005, 05:30 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by God|ZIlla168
Finally got the tires filled with nitrogen at costco on woodbine. I recommend you do it during the weekend when is not busy cuz right now they are installing winter tires on cars. There is a huge line up for them too. I got both car done and now I need to wash the G on a nice day and then store it for the winter.

Quick note I recently notice my trunk lid is more dense thanks IAn with the foam less vibration etc. For a test I lock myself in the trunk and really notice the sound chamber that I created works. And guess what the child trunk release glows in the dark. Would have not know if i did not did this
Haha, Eric......you're brave locking yourself in the trunk like that.....or did you have the keyfob with you just in case?

Just went to Costco and got the 'Rolla tires filled with nitrogen. For a Saturday, they were not busy, and I was in and out in half hour.
Now to get the M done b4 she goes to sleep for a while.

C.

Old 11-12-2005, 05:35 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by Burrcold
The Corolla is a nice car indeed...ESPECIALLY as a winter car! lol what do you do?? Wish I could afford a brand new car as my winter beater
TNX, bro....The 'Rolla isn't bad at all, it's just the base version with p/windows and cruise so it wasn't too expensive, and the Solara paid for half of it. Should see me thru the winter nicely and as 2nd car next summer.

I've retired now from the Fire Department, but I've overspent on cars lately, so I'm going back to work to replenish the 'cauffers'.

C.

Old 11-12-2005, 10:00 PM
Haha, Eric......you're brave locking yourself in the trunk like that.....or did you have the keyfob with you just in case?

Just went to Costco and got the 'Rolla tires filled with nitrogen. For a Saturday, they were not busy, and I was in and out in half hour.
Now to get the M done b4 she goes to sleep for a while.

C.
heheh Colin I had to test if the thing really worked on behalf of the consumers. Now that you mentioned it I did not have my keys with me and with the new sound barrier i don't think anyone would have heard me hehehe. But there is always the release lever for the rear seat.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Free Nitrogen tire fill @ Costco