Canada Serving Canada.

Any Calgary Coupe Owners??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 12:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Calgary Coupe Owners??

A good friend of mine living in Calgary is considering buying a 2006 Coupe. He went to take one out for a test drive and due to snow and some ice he couldn't even get the car out the dealership's driveway -- VDC kicked in and killed the revs to the point where the car stopped moving.

He wanted to hear from any coupe owners in Calgary to find out their winter driving experiences. Perhaps all that is needed is a good set of snow tires.

Any feedback from Calgary owners... or any other driver who keeps their coupe on the road through the winter months.

Thanks!

Old 01-31-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by BbyG35
A good friend of mine living in Calgary is considering buying a 2006 Coupe. He went to take one out for a test drive and due to snow and some ice he couldn't even get the car out the dealership's driveway -- VDC kicked in and killed the revs to the point where the car stopped moving.

He wanted to hear from any coupe owners in Calgary to find out their winter driving experiences. Perhaps all that is needed is a good set of snow tires.

Any feedback from Calgary owners... or any other driver who keeps their coupe on the road through the winter months.

Thanks!
A good set of snow tires The factory Michelins are not even rated for cold weather, never mind snow. A lot of people are getting aftermarket rims with a set of summer performance tires and using the OEM rims for their winter tires. Expensive ......yes But it does work.

Old 01-31-2006, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the reply.
He is actually thinking about with a G35X.. but his wife is in love with the Coupe , but she's afraid it won't handle well in the snow, based on the test drive as described above.

Anyone else driving their coupe in winter conditions??

Old 01-31-2006, 06:37 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
FWIW I've got reasonable snows and am always tense and moving slowish in the snow. The coupe stops fine but has a light rear. Presently I've got 100 lbs of sand in the trunk and this seems to help. Most of this winter has been mild so no biggie. Might look for a beater next winter.

Old 02-08-2006, 04:18 PM
I've got a coupe and I am from Calgary. Tell your friend not to worry as long as he gets a set of winter tires. This year has been pretty mild but I have had a few chances to test out the coupe's winter abilities (both snow and ice), and it is really quite good as long as you have the winter tires on. Without them however it is total crap. The difference is like night and day. I bought a used set of 17's that clear the Brembo's and a good set of snow tires. With this combination + VDC I am as well off (if not better) than 90% of the cars out there. I even use it out in the mounains without any hesitation at all.

Old 02-09-2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the info shunra! All input is appreciated.