Canada Serving Canada.

GTA Detailing / training day / questions answered

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by God|ZIlla168
K I am giving up my spot for Kevin to do my car as I have to take my car to the dealer again next week. No point in detail my car now and let them touch it. Kevin I will schedule something with you some time later once I have my car straighten out. I will come this sunday to learn how to use my porter cable. See you guys this sunday. Should I be brining anything like munchies or beer?
No problem Eric - sorry the dealership is giving you such a hassle. :/

Definitely just let me know when you get it back and we'll work something out.

I think we're ok on food-stuffs, but I am sure Sam will chime in on that one.

Sam, I spoke with Colin about Steves car and provided he has time I will definitely do a wash/wax for him for letting us use the space. As soon as that's done I'll get to work on your car. If anyone else wants their car done that afternoon (provided I have time after Sams car), just let me know. Otherwise I will do demos on my car!!! (the poor thing is like a labratory)

(edit, add one more attendee - a fellow from *cough* Acurazine *cough* is going to stop in to lust after our beautiful Infiniti's. His name is Steve, don't be too hard on him! )

Last edited by Picus; 05-05-2006 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Excellent Kevin. A wash and wax for Steve's little Benz will surprise the *&(& out of him in a good way. I won't tell him so it will be a surprise.
As far as food and munchies. I'll bring some water, munchies and some beers ( what do you like Kevin). I'm also thinking of something to augment the coffee's. Anyone else bring what you like. There's lots of food and grocery stores nearby.
I'll also have an extention cord, power gargarbage bags and hose with a splitter carwash stuff, mitts, bucket, acid rim cleaner Zaino leather cleaner and conditioner and anything else I can think of and get into the G.
Oh yeah and knee pads if I can find them.
Is it Sunday yet?
Sam

Old 05-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Staff ALUMNI
I'm actually not a big beer drinker... haha I can't even believe I typed that. Let's see, what do I like that won't be offensive to others? Maybe some Alexander Keiths? I kind of lean towards dark beers but that is a nice in-between. But really don't sweat it. I'm sure we'll make due, we're all resourceful.

I've got the trunk loaded up and ready to go. I'm sure we'll have a veritable plethora of detailing junk. By the by, the website I mentioned earlier (the one I should be able to get us reasonable prices at) is http://www.detailedimage.com/index.html , so if anyone sees anything there they like let me know. More details at the meet.

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

Old 05-06-2006, 09:29 AM
Food? I'm gonna of pick up coleslaw, potato salad, Salad paper plates, cutlery, bread and cold cuts ( turkey, corned beef, ham,) condiments for ...20.
Trunk's getting full. Any other thoughts.
Sam

Old 05-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by whatacar
Food? I'm gonna of pick up coleslaw, potato salad, Salad paper plates, cutlery, bread and cold cuts ( turkey, corned beef, ham,) condiments for ...20.
Sam
Wow Sam, you are going to have a trunk full. Sounds like you are bringing everything but the dancing girls to the meet .
I'll bring a few waters and cervasas in my cooler.
One more day Sam

Old 05-06-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Wow Sam, you are going to have a trunk full. Sounds like you are bringing everything but the dancing girls to the meet .
I'll bring a few waters and cervasas in my cooler.
One more day Sam
If you know of one that wants to learn a few things from Kevin I can always leave the hose behind.

Old 05-06-2006, 10:48 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
If you know of one that wants to learn a few things from Kevin I can always leave the hose behind.
Lots of room in my M, Sam....Matter of fact, if you get a line on those dancing girls Wayne mentioned, I'd be glad 'chauffeur'....n/problemo bro...

Oh yeah, I'll bring some 'suds' too. A few won't hurt.

C.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Msedanman; 05-06-2006 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:02 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Goldarn it is cold up in my area this morning. It was 1C when I got up and we had a bit of freezing drizzle. It's warmed up to 4.2C now so I gave the X a bath, the tree pollen that is blowing around is wicked right now. So hopefully the car won't be too dirty when I make the trip down to T-dot tomorrow.
Wayne

Old 05-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will bring some beer
Chips and snacks

Old 05-06-2006, 11:20 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Ya, the pollen in the air is really vexxing me. Tons downtown. It's a a little chilly this morning but it's supposed to warm up to 12c. Luckily it looks like that North Wind everyones been on about hit us today, and tomorrow will be nice and calm with a high of ~15c. Might be a bit cold till noon, so bring a sweater. I'll tell the dancing girls to wear layers...

Old 05-06-2006, 11:37 AM
wow - i thought it was on saturday...i'm glad i checked.

Old 05-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Sam
Wow Sam you really got this covered... mad props

Really looking forward to this..

Old 05-06-2006, 05:08 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Wow Sam you really got this covered... mad props

Really looking forward to this..
+1......... 'You da man', Sam..
C.

Old 05-06-2006, 06:32 PM
O.F. Administrator

Sam, Sam!. Tomorrow is the day.....don't sleep in.....

C.

Old 05-06-2006, 07:43 PM
Wow...sound like a party on Sunday morning . Thanks for making me feel so welcomed guys/gals, unfortunately I am still in Ottawa since Friday. Things did not go smoothly as I was hopping for. I might not be able to make it tommorrow or might be late. If I cant show up, my apology.

Kevin, I am interested in buying a few things from DI store, can I order through you if I can't make it tommorrow? Thanks

Keith

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTA Detailing / training day / questions answered