Canada Serving Canada.

Mobile-Detailing in the GTA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Sweet, those look really nice. I can't wait to see them on the car!

Old 10-26-2006, 02:10 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I chatted with Rick briefly this evening and he wanted us to know that the Richmond Hill facility is fully set up now -- see link for all the details .. His website has many updates and changes too...check it out at :

AUTOGRAPHZ

Great product and great guy to deal with...

Colin.

Old 10-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those look awesome! Will look great with the stitching on the seat.

I'm definately going to get some work done .... as soon as I get some free time, which, lately seems like it'll never happen.

Troy

Old 10-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Staff ALUMNI
I can't believe it's been a month since I posted a picture of a shiny car. Thankfully the detailing starts again tomorrow, hopefully I remember how to do it. I suppose taking pictures like this is almost as fun as shiny cars... (click for larger)

Old 10-26-2006, 05:52 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
That is a fantastic pic Kevin. Just an awesome looking place. Please explain where it is and what it is.
Wayne

Old 10-26-2006, 06:15 PM
O.F. Administrator
Great to have you back, Kevin.....It'll be hard to get up to speed for a few days....especially after seeing great places like the one you posted, touring in the new ride.....
That part of the Alps?

C.

Old 10-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Staff ALUMNI
That's a view from the back of Hitlers "Eagles Nest" it was a building the ****'s built for him for his 50th birthday near the town of Bertchesgaden Germany (close to the Austrian border). He had his house on that mountain along with several other high ranking *****, so despite his fear of heights they built that in 13 months to show to other politicians to impress them (I can only imagine it did), its at over 6000 feet and you can see Salzburg, Konigsee, Switzerland, etc from it. You drive up a crazy mountain path to get to it, then take a 300 foot elevator ride in a 100% bronze elavator (which is incredible). Pretty amazing stuff.

If you've ever watched "Band Of Brothers" (highly recommended, btw), the 101 Airbone comes into Bertschesgaden (which was pretty much a **** stronghold, but is absolutely beautiful today) and were the second set of Allies into the Eagles Nest. Humurously, almost nothing original survived in it because they looted it, even the fireplace which was 7,000lbs of marble was mostly chipped and stolen!

That was day 2 of the trip, made for quite the day. When we get all the pics up I will be sure to post them.

Old 10-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Awesome Kevin. Karen and I were there by Eagles Nest 8 years ago when our daughter was living in Wurtzburg, Germany. That is a fantastic area.

Old 10-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Hey Colin - do you know where the "FAQ" I wrote went? I can't find it in the FAQ section.

Ok, so pics of Jay's (BadKarma's) car! Sorry for the lame full car pics, it was raining out so it was inside only!

Old 10-28-2006, 04:39 PM
Wow !!! It's easy to see why Jay was impressed with the detailing.
Nice job Kevin.

Old 10-28-2006, 04:56 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Kevin, you seem to outdo yourself everytime I look at your work. I just can't seem to get my coupe in that same kind of condition!

Old 10-28-2006, 05:47 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by picus112
Hey Colin - do you know where the "FAQ" I wrote went? I can't find it in the FAQ section.

Ok, so pics of Jay's (BadKarma's) car! Sorry for the lame full car pics, it was raining out so it was inside only!
Impressive pics and job Kevin.......

The thread you're looking for is in Care and Detailing (DIY) -- CLICK HERE. (new category).

C.

Last edited by Msedanman; 10-28-2006 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Staff ALUMNI
[QUOTE=Msedanman]
Originally Posted by picus112

Impressive pics and job Kevin.......

The thread you're looking for is in Care and Detailing (DIY) -- CLICK HERE. (new category).

C.
Ah, no wonder I missed it. Thanks Colin.

Old 11-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Hey guys, long time no update. It's been busy here in detailing world; finally starting to slow down a bit this week. I have to admit I am surprised it lasted this long. I still have guys trickling in for winter prep, so here are some pics, and below is a little "hey, it's winter, and prep is important so here is how Kevin does it and you should too" guide.

This was fun:

Had this there the same day, talk about demanding attention.

Hey, whose is this?

I guess now that I own a 335i I'll be seeing more of these!

Just a Jetta...

but it started like this!

Twins...sort of:

Mini-how-to-winter-prep guide coming up.

Old 11-29-2006, 03:44 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Alright, so I'm pretty much only doing winter preps right now, so here is what I basically do, and recommend everyone do prior to winter (right around the time they put their winters on).

1) First, if you're changing your tires, let's do that first. Get the summers off and put the winters on, before you put the winters on make sure to clean them well and if you have it, use some Wheel Sealant, Wheel Wax, or a paint sealant on the mags/wheels/alloys. Put the summers aside for now, more on those later.
2) Wash the car really well. We all know how to wash, there are FAQs on this forum how to do it. I suggest really getting down and dirty, use a fine brush to clean out body panels, door jambs, polish your exhaust and use a sealant on it, open the hood and trunk and clean the water gutter areas.
2) Strip whatever sealant/wax you have on the car, you can do this a few ways so here come the options.
- If you have some marring you want removed, skip to #3
- If you do not have marring but will be using a chemical cleaner, skip to #4
- If you do not have marring and will not be using a chemical cleaner, skip to #5.
3) Polish the car. Hopefully you don't have much marring, so lets assume you're using a light polish, there are FAQs on polishing, so if you're doing that read this. Now if you're using a chemical cleaner next go to step #4, if not, go to step #5.
4) Wipe the car down with alcohol and water. Assuming you polished and/or are using a chemical cleaner I will assume you know how to do this. 50/50 alcohol/water, regular 70% off the counter isa alcohol. Apply your chemical cleaner (Klasse AIO, Werkstatt Prime, etc.), I very highly recommend these before winter for a few reasons. One, they will remove most waterspots you have from the summer/fall, they will really help "deep clean" the paint, and best of all they add a sealant base for your sealant, which will only help it last even longer. Buff off when ready (most are apply to a panel, remove). Go to step #6.
5) If you're not using a chemical cleaner you're going to want to use alcohol/water liberally to strip your old sealant/wax, clean your trim and windows, and remove any polish residue (if you polished). 50/50 rubbing alcohol/water, regular 70% off the counter isa alcohol.
6) Apply your sealant. What do I recommend? Well, we want to use something long lasting, there are quite a few you can choose from. A sampling of the ones I like: Zaino Z2pro/Z5pro, Werkstatt Acrylic Jett, Poorboys EX-P, Klasse HGSG. How you apply and remove the sealant depends on which you use. Almost all of them are apply, let haze, remove *except* HGSG, which you want to wipe on/wipe off. Apply over entire car, including windows.
#7) As the sealant is hazing, do little peripheral jobs, polish exhaust, clean and dress trim, Clean/wax door jambs and hood/trunk jambs, clean and dress wheel wells.
#8) Buff off the sealant however you choose (some dry buff, some buff w/quick detailer, some buff w/spray sealant).
#9) Dress tires if you like that!
#10) If you're not too tired go clean your summer wheels. I like trying to use soap/water first, but if that doesn't do it move to a highly diluted APC or non-acid wheel cleaner. If that doesn't do it you can try acid, but make sure you know how to use it. DO NOT use acid or apc on aluminum lips. Use a metal polish or soap and water. Seal them, cover, and put away.

Any one of the sealants above will last 4-6 months, longer with a sealant base and even longer if you maintain with a spray sealant.

Now for maintaining through winter you have a couple options, I get questions on "how to winter wash" all the time. Here is how I answer.

If you're lucky enough to have a garage that is heated and you can spray a hose, wash normally. Now most of us don't have that, so if you insist on washing in the winter I highly recommend rinseless washes, like QEW or ONR (more info on them in the FAQs), do this in a garage only. If you do not have a garage and insist on washing you can find a decent local coin-op and bring your bucket/mitts/soap/towels. Try not to use auto washes, ok? I know it's hard, but it *so* isn't worth the marring you'll have come spring.

Me? I wash occasionally with rinseless washes, but mostly I do this - when I am back from a long ride and I have a lot of salt, I will go to a local coin op, put in $2 and spray the snot out of my wheels, wheel wells, and undercarriage, I will also spray the paint and windows *lightly*, to remove any loose salt/junk. That's it, no actual touching. Remember, washing = marring, and also remember its winter, so washing is largely pointless if you use your car. ALSO remember salt will ONLY react with paint when it's over 0c/32f, so if you park in a garage or its warm, so just make sure to get it off when you can. If you NEED the car clean, use rinseless, or use your own stuff in a coin op. If someone puts a gun to your head you can go to a touchless, but don't blame me when I am polishing your car come spring.

Why do all this? Well, the obvious reasons (keep it looking good), UV protection, bird poop, acid rain, also sealing windows WILL improve visibility, make it easier to wipe them on the highway, and make it much easier to remove snow from the car (I promise), it'll also help mitigate salt damage.

Cheers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mobile-Detailing in the GTA