Canada Serving Canada.

Mobile-Detailing in the GTA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 01:24 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Next time you're in Toronto or I'm in NB, you're on!

Old 06-10-2006, 09:49 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by canuck
Just looking through your pics in this thread Kevin, absolulely incredible!!!! Your're work is nothing short of amazing!! The work you did on that black G sedan was flawless.......I'd love for you to do the same to my sedan.

LOL, Hey Shane, It would be worth the trip......

C.

Old 06-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Msedanman
LOL, Hey Shane, It would be worth the trip......

C.
Most definitely worth the trip!! I can designate an entire Zaino day on my G and it looks great, but NOTHING like the work that Kevin does. IAfter seeing Kevin's pics, I'm almost ashamed of the work that I do now!

Last edited by Garnet Canuck; 06-10-2006 at 10:14 AM.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:16 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Bah, don't be. I bet your car looks better than 99% of the population. It is true that marring removal is the "next step" in terms of car care; but most people don't even *see* scratches/swirls. In fact while a lot of people comment that my car is "really clean" very few comment about how there are no swirls or scratches on it. They'll say "wow it's like a mirror" and not understand why until I point out to them that it has no swirls, while their cars do. It's almost as if the average car owner *expects* to see swirls, like they're a natural part of the paint. You guy are enthusiasts and obviously car about your cars appearance, which means you're aware of marring, you're using high quality sealants and washing properly, so you're ahead of the game already.

If you find you have the time go grab a PC and some pads, a couple polishes, and start reading about how to DIY; it's very rewarding and the results are great.

Or you can drive to Toronto!

Last edited by Picus; 06-10-2006 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:30 AM
Traveling Administrator
Thanks for the tips Kevin. I've been using Zaino the last year or so to remove/reduce swirls on my G. Zaino has helped tremendously, however I can still see some. I definitely do not have the "mirror" type finish that you have. One thing is for sure, my next G will not be black.

In your experience, does using a Porter Cable vs. hand polishing give you much greater results?

Originally Posted by picus112
Bah, don't be. I bet your car looks better than 99% of the population. It is true that marring removal is the "next step" in terms of car care; but most people don't even *see* scratches/swirls. In fact while a lot of people comment that my car is "really clean" very few comment about how there are no swirls or scratches on it. They'll say "wow it's like a mirror" and not understand why until I point out to them that it has no swirls, while their cars do. It's almost as if the average car owner *expects* to see swirls, like they're a natural part of the paint. You guy are enthusiasts and obviously car about your cars appearance, which means you're aware of marring, you're using high quality sealants and washing properly, so you're ahead of the game already.

If you find you have the time go grab a PC and some pads, a couple polishes, and start reading about how to DIY; it's very rewarding and the results are great.

Or you can drive to Toronto!

Last edited by Garnet Canuck; 06-10-2006 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Keep in mind unless you're using ZPC (you might be), Zaino really doesn't remove swirls, it hides them (in the case of Z5).

In any event, to answer your question: absolutely. The PC is so worth the ~$200 you'll spend on it just in terms of time and back pain savings, nevermind results. You're able to eliminate marring in a day, rather than weeks at a time, and of course it helps when waxing too. To this day I still use a PC for 90% of the swirl/scratch removing I do. The black G you saw earlier in this thread was completely done via PC. It took a long time (12 hours), but the results I achieved would have been impossible by hand.

I understand DIY isn't for everyone but I can honestly say in terms of vehicle maintenance I think a PC is the best bang for the buck "mod" you'll spend on your car.

Old 06-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Traveling Administrator
Keep in mind unless you're using ZPC (you might be), Zaino really doesn't remove swirls, it hides them (in the case of Z5).

In any event, to answer your question: absolutely. The PC is so worth the ~$200 you'll spend on it just in terms of time and back pain savings, nevermind results. You're able to eliminate marring in a day, rather than weeks at a time, and of course it helps when waxing too. To this day I still use a PC for 90% of the swirl/scratch removing I do. The black G you saw earlier in this thread was completely done via PC. It took a long time (12 hours), but the results I achieved would have been impossible by hand.

I understand DIY isn't for everyone but I can honestly say in terms of vehicle maintenance I think a PC is the best bang for the buck "mod" you'll spend on your car.
I didn't know that Z5 (which is what I have been using) only hides swirl marks. Good stuff to know. Thanks for the info on using a PC as well. I am definitely gonna have to get one. Now that I have seen the results you have been getting, I am just not satisfied with the results that I have been getting.

I honestly do not know much about the different PC models/sizes....is there a specific one you would personally reccommend?

Old 06-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Crap, I just lost a big long reply. I hate that.

Alright, bullet points:

PC 7427 or 7336, same model. Best price in Canada is eshine.ca, best price in the US is Lowes ($109). You'll also need a backing plate and pads, eshine.ca has good prices on those. You'll need polishes too, again, eshine.ca.

Let me know if you're going to go this route and I can PM you with product choices/when to use them/how to use the PC and so on.

Old 06-10-2006, 02:54 PM
Traveling Administrator
Crap, I just lost a big long reply. I hate that.

Alright, bullet points:

PC 7427 or 7336, same model. Best price in Canada is eshine.ca, best price in the US is Lowes ($109). You'll also need a backing plate and pads, eshine.ca has good prices on those. You'll need polishes too, again, eshine.ca.

Let me know if you're going to go this route and I can PM you with product choices/when to use them/how to use the PC and so on.
Kevin, what do you think of this?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6063635922&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Old 06-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Looks like a good deal as long as it doesn't go up a ton more. It's the PC, backing plate and 3 usable pads. Pricing that out at eshine is about $200, so as long as the price of that ebay acution doesn't exceed $200 cad with shipping it's a good deal. You will likely still need an orange pad, but it'll be nice to have three whites and a grey also.

Old 06-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Lordy, what a day. 10 hours of me vs. the prancing pony. I don't have the energy to pull off all the pics now so I'll leave you with these for tonight. BTW, Sam; it was nice talking to you.

Before...

After...

Good night guys!

Last edited by Picus; 06-11-2006 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
WOW Kevin...
Is that the same car????
Amazing.

Old 06-12-2006, 08:39 AM
Traveling Administrator
Wow, once again Kevin your work leaves me speechless!! Amazing!

Old 06-12-2006, 09:21 AM
PDT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW!! That looks great!!

Great job Kevin!

Old 06-12-2006, 10:18 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Bravo, Kevin......Great job.
C.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mobile-Detailing in the GTA