Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Are Zaino detailing products any good?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 11:15 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I guess it's a "too each their own" thing. With Zaino, you need to apply it very thin to keep removal easy, which is fine for me, but for novices it can be tricky. Sealants like Klasse SG are notoriously difficult to remove. Waxes on the other hand are fairly uniform in removal (aside from maybe collinite), P21S, nattys, souveran, clearkote yellow carnauba... all pretty much wipe on/wipe off. For the record I never "buff" waxes, just apply and remove the same as sealants.

I do agree on the durabilty; there is no question sealants give longer durabilty. Zaino, SG, EX-P, AJ, FMJ will all give 5-6 months whereas the carnaubas I mentioned are good for 6-8 weeks tops. For some that's an issue, for others it isn't.

As I mentioned above I think it's far wiser to spend more time prepping paint to make it smooth and scratch free than it is fretting over your topper.

Old 06-15-2006, 11:39 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by picus112
Well it's a really subjective sort of thing. I think most people would be hard pressed to tell the difference between a properly prepped surface with a wax or with a sealant. The way they look *to me* is; a sealant is very reflective, almost plastick-y. Very glossy, you loose a little depth and color in exchange for slickness. A wax tends to be more deep, darker, more of a "glow". I hope that makes sense.

Like I said, properly prepped either will look great.
Listen to him ^^^^

Old 06-16-2006, 09:24 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by derek
Here's the real problem with Zaino:

You buy the stuff hoping it's gonna be great. It is. You fall in love with the smell of the stuff, and how it make the car looks. It becomes an addiction. You buy more Zaino products for other bits of the car- tires, leather, glass, plastic. They smell great too. (Somehow, they have managed to bottle dead cow skin! ) And they work great, too. Suddenly, your credit card is maxed out, and all the purchases on last month's bill are Zaino. Your wife hasn't seen you in the last month, because you're in the garage, getting just one more coat of detailing spray on the hood, and then taking photos...again...for the 5th time this week. Broke and divorced, you secretly begin to call the car "Precious."

They could have called the movie trilogy "Lord of the Zaino".
OMG!!! You just summed it up perfectly. My wife now knows the entire routine and can tell how much more time I need to finish the car by what bottle of stuff I am on. She does admit it looks good but it really pi$$ed at the cost of my "secret little dirty addition". For everyone it is a personal choice what type of stuff they use. I use Zaino, and I actually use the PC to apply and remove the stuff. I find it not only saves me elbow grease, but I seem to get consistantly better results and the finish is more uniform over the entire car. Maybe it's just that my girly arms are not ready for the shear power of Zaino - but it always turns out better when I use the PC.

Pics below

Attached Thumbnails Are Zaino detailing products any good?-img_3535.jpg   Are Zaino detailing products any good?-img_3538.jpg   Are Zaino detailing products any good?-img_3528.jpg   Are Zaino detailing products any good?-img_3530.jpg   Are Zaino detailing products any good?-img_3534.jpg  

Old 06-16-2006, 09:28 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Angry

I also did my buddies 5AT two weeks ago using the same process but I started with 3M Perfect it Swirl remover before Zaino to get the scratches and swirls out. Now his actually looks better than mine ...

Attached Thumbnails Are Zaino detailing products any good?-img_3501.jpg   Are Zaino detailing products any good?-img_3502.jpg   Are Zaino detailing products any good?-img_3503.jpg   Are Zaino detailing products any good?-img_3507.jpg