Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

So the dealership f*cked up my rims....!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G35stilez
They are entitled to make it right.

I have a customer with a BMW. He has 19's with an uncoated lip (as above) and had the same problem (staining, rainbowing). The 'detail guy' thought he was hot **** when my customer was asking...

"What did you use to clean my wheels?"
"Ha, this heavy duty industrial wheel cleaner that only pros get"
"Yeah, well you fvcked them up and I want them fixed for free"

Turns out they paid their partnering detail shop to fix them, but I was going to do them, and bill BMW. Either way, they should cover it.
well as an update i called a friend of mine who works at the dealership where i had my car serviced. i asked him if he knew who washed my car after it was finished. he said he didn't know.........why? i told him because whoever did f*cked my wheels up. i told him about the staining and rainbowing on my lip. he told me he told the guys NOT to use the ACID BASED wheel cleaner on my wheels!!! so i have to go in today and ask for the service manager and tell him what happeed. apparently another customer had the same thing happen to his wheels and the chrome started chipping off his wheels as a result. they replaced them but still. it's careless and shouldn't have happened. we'll see what happens today when i go in.......

Old 08-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Neal376
I dont get why dealers cheap out on car washers.

it takes me 10, maybe 15 minutes to wash and dry my car by hand
I detail at the local Ford dealship on the side and I can tell you it takes ALOT more then 10-15 minutes to clean up a car. It takes me atleast 1 hour to clean a new car for delivery. Alot of people dont know what goes on behind dealership detail shops. I can tell you, I've been to 4 "classes" and tested alot of products before choosing which products we use. You wheels are getting damaged because they are using a cleaner with acid in it. Tell them next time to not use wheel acid. Not all dealerships cheap out on the detail shop. We spend nearly 2-3k a month in products and upgrades.

Old 08-01-2006, 12:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^
he was getting his car washed after service - a simple courtesy wash -
it wasn't getting prepped for delivery. Should only take 15 minutes, unless you clay, polish and seal every customers car after they get an oil change

Last edited by Neal376; 08-01-2006 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by CarbonLTD
You wheels are getting damaged because they are using a cleaner with acid in it.
as i stated before. which is exactly why they should replace them.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:20 AM
Banned
^^^
he was getting his car washed after service - a simple courtesy wash -
it wasn't getting prepped for delivery. Should only take 15 minutes, unless you clay, polish and seal every customers car after they get an oil change
we dont do courtesy washes, this is a prime example why. You should always wash your own car anyways. Someone would have to kill me before even touching my car with a brush or towel.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by G_Spot
as i stated before. which is exactly why they should replace them.
I agree 100%. This has happened before at my dealership with a new employee, we instantly told the customer and replaced his wheels for no charge and threw in some extras to make him happy. Stealerships have to learn to earn your business. Did you purchase your car at this dealership? If so, talk to the sales manager. Tell him you will never come back here again to buy/fix your car again. Drop some other near by Inifinty dealers names and they will take care of your wheels....just my $.02

Old 08-02-2006, 11:16 AM
I agree 100%. This has happened before at my dealership with a new employee, we instantly told the customer and replaced his wheels for no charge and threw in some extras to make him happy. Stealerships have to learn to earn your business. Did you purchase your car at this dealership? If so, talk to the sales manager. Tell him you will never come back here again to buy/fix your car again. Drop some other near by Inifinty dealers names and they will take care of your wheels....just my $.02
i hope i get the same outcome and get them replaced for free. i have to go meet with the service manager today. i did't get the car there but still.

Old 08-02-2006, 01:31 PM
Banned
wait till he see's a price tag for those wheels...lol

Old 08-02-2006, 02:06 PM
wait till he see's a price tag for those wheels...lol
yeah i just called about them today and they got a new price list. Volk just raised the price $160 per set.

Old 08-02-2006, 02:08 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
They may not have used an acidic cleaner, but it may have been caustic; same difference as far as uncoated lips are concerned. I've not been to a single dealership *ever* that didn't use either an acidic or caustic cleaner; none of them use aluminum wheel safe ones because those take too much time and as we know, they don't like spending time on washes.

Old 08-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Concours d'Elegance
Originally Posted by picus112
They may not have used an acidic cleaner, but it may have been caustic; same difference as far as uncoated lips are concerned. I've not been to a single dealership *ever* that didn't use either an acidic or caustic cleaner; none of them use aluminum wheel safe ones because those take too much time and as we know, they don't like spending time on washes.

Yep, either a very low or very high pH.

I used to wash a new S4 reguarly. Having only had 2 oil changes (washes) at the dealership before hiring me, his wheels had clearcoat failure from the extremely harsh cleaning regimens.

The fact of the matter is to never let the dealer "clean" your car. I know of only one that does a pretty good job, but they sell Porsche's, so I would hope it'd be a bit better.

Anyways, I would fight to have them fixed or repaired.

Old 08-02-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by G35stilez
Yep, either a very low or very high pH.

I used to wash a new S4 reguarly. Having only had 2 oil changes (washes) at the dealership before hiring me, his wheels had clearcoat failure from the extremely harsh cleaning regimens.

The fact of the matter is to never let the dealer "clean" your car. I know of only one that does a pretty good job, but they sell Porsche's, so I would hope it'd be a bit better.

Anyways, I would fight to have them fixed or repaired.
had i known it was gonna turn out like this (and the would have been so careless), i would have requested they NOT wash it (obviously).

i don't know that they're repairable.......replaceable

Old 08-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Yeah I have volk rims, which soap is the good for volk wheels without damaging the anodized Lip.

Old 08-04-2006, 04:46 PM
I dont get why dealers cheap out on car washers.

it takes me 10, maybe 15 minutes to wash and dry my car by hand
It takes me 10 minutes just to get out the hose, bucket and towels.
I cannot see how anyone can wash and dry a car in 15 minutes and have it look halfway decent.

Old 08-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wash and dry starting as soon as all the mitts are ready.
assuming that a dealership will have someone waiting to wash cars

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So the dealership f*cked up my rims....!