Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

So the dealership f*cked up my rims....!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about your terrible dealer experience. I have had many bad ones too. My wheels are ruined as well, the dealer said that "its normal". Now my back seat has a crack in the leather, the dealer said "its a cut". oh...ok. I am so tired of fighting with dealers over stuff they should fix. I thought Infinity would be better than toyota or the others but no, they are worse.

Old 03-20-2007, 03:12 PM
Very late on the thread, but did you have any brake service done? It could possibly be brake fluid from bleeding bakes....(If no bleeding, then I guess its the wash...)

Old 03-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by hwy_star
Wow, sorry to hear about your terrible dealer experience. I have had many bad ones too. My wheels are ruined as well, the dealer said that "its normal". Now my back seat has a crack in the leather, the dealer said "its a cut". oh...ok. I am so tired of fighting with dealers over stuff they should fix. I thought Infinity would be better than toyota or the others but no, they are worse.
Infiniti

Old 03-21-2007, 12:04 PM
wow i hate to see this thread come back from the dead. no......there was no brake service done to the car. i was having one of my rear hubs replaced and the rims were f*cked from the wash i could still sh*t a brick when i think about it!

Old 04-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Originally Posted by G_Spot
wow i hate to see this thread come back from the dead. no......there was no brake service done to the car. i was having one of my rear hubs replaced and the rims were f*cked from the wash i could still sh*t a brick when i think about it!
How did you end up making out? Did you end up getting them fixed yourself? I am only asking because a dealership did even worse to my Maya STM 20's. All 4 are completely ruined all the way around. I just got my estimates to have them redone, chrome plating the lip rather then redoing the polish and a brand new set. I am supposed to meet with them tomorrow. I really am not considering to having them redone because I heard they never come out the same so I basically either want them changed over to chrome plated or a new set. It's a horrible feeling and i feel bad for you but I found it funny because

They were mint going in (just like you)

They came back ruined (much worse then yours, picture same type of damaged but all the way around)

They said they have nothing back there that would cause this (just like they told you)

They tried to tell me they could have been like that prior to them getting my car. Problem is the worker who washed it admitted to me that this wasnt the case.

So now I have a letter from a rim shop stating some type of chemical solution destroyed my clear coat along with the quotes.

The only thing I have going for me, I am bringing this to the owner of the dealership, the service manager has been very helpful I must say, he was even extremely upset. The manager of the wash bays is being a total #)%* and even had the nerve to call me a liar, and tried to compare my $4500 rims to the steel wheels and painted rims they wash on a daily basis. This is where i pulled in his worker who cleaned the car. He even tried to buff out the marks for an hour and just added tons of scratches all the way around. So I left it at that, and managed to track down the owner of the dealership and I let him know what happened. He asked me to bring in the quotes so hopefully all works out, if not I will be extremely upset.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
join the club dude infiniti screwed my rims too!!!!

Old 04-09-2007, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by Meth68
How did you end up making out? Did you end up getting them fixed yourself? I am only asking because a dealership did even worse to my Maya STM 20's. All 4 are completely ruined all the way around. I just got my estimates to have them redone, chrome plating the lip rather then redoing the polish and a brand new set. I am supposed to meet with them tomorrow. I really am not considering to having them redone because I heard they never come out the same so I basically either want them changed over to chrome plated or a new set. It's a horrible feeling and i feel bad for you but I found it funny because

They were mint going in (just like you)

They came back ruined (much worse then yours, picture same type of damaged but all the way around)

They said they have nothing back there that would cause this (just like they told you)

They tried to tell me they could have been like that prior to them getting my car. Problem is the worker who washed it admitted to me that this wasnt the case.

So now I have a letter from a rim shop stating some type of chemical solution destroyed my clear coat along with the quotes.

The only thing I have going for me, I am bringing this to the owner of the dealership, the service manager has been very helpful I must say, he was even extremely upset. The manager of the wash bays is being a total #)%* and even had the nerve to call me a liar, and tried to compare my $4500 rims to the steel wheels and painted rims they wash on a daily basis. This is where i pulled in his worker who cleaned the car. He even tried to buff out the marks for an hour and just added tons of scratches all the way around. So I left it at that, and managed to track down the owner of the dealership and I let him know what happened. He asked me to bring in the quotes so hopefully all works out, if not I will be extremely upset.
unfortunately you have the same situation i had and i'm sorry to hear about it. they did absolutely nothing for me. i even filed a claim with infiniti's corporate office, got a claim number, and have heard nothing from them since. i even got a letter from Volk stating something used to wash my rims is what ruined the lip. that did nothing for me. i hope everything turns out for the better for you because it sure as hell didn't for me.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Go to a local TV station and get them to a report on what happened to you. The local ombudsman would help as well.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Do I need to leave a sign on my car stating "Do Not Wash!" when I go in for service?

METH68: update?