Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

OK, big problem with CG. need help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2003 | 06:23 PM
|
OK, big problem with CG. need help.

I put CG on my car the other day and today I have noticed in the direct sunlight tons of little shiny dots. It looks like overspray from the CG applications that I might have missed in the shade. Has anyone seen these? I'm thinking I may need to have them buffed off or something.

Damn Damn Damn.

04 Sedan. Obs. Black W/ Willow. Premium, Navigation, Sport Tuned. 35% Tint on sides, 20% back, Hyper-Ground kit and Stillen high flow on delivery.

Old 10-16-2003 | 06:51 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Re: OK, big problem with CG. need help.

How many days ago did you do it? It takes a while to "cure", so you may be safe with re-wetting and CGing the area. As a quick note, always make sure you go over the recently-buffed area with a slightly moistened (water & CG) cloth to get all the little spots from stray sprays off.

Other than telling you to lightly clean the area and try to apply another layer of CG it, I don't know what to tell you. If that doesn't do it, try to Dawn the area and re-apply. The longer you let it sit, the harder it will become.

Have you tried clay-bar? That gets rid of paint overspray. Best of luck, and keep us up-to-date.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 10-16-2003 | 06:54 PM
|

yeah it's been about 2 days. A clay bar probably will do the trick. Damn I'm getting sick of all the labor. lol

04 Sedan. Obs. Black W/ Willow. Premium, Navigation, Sport Tuned. 35% Tint on sides, 20% back, Hyper-Ground kit and Stillen high flow on delivery.

Old 10-17-2003 | 09:00 AM

Black is the most labor intensive color. But once you are finished, nothing looks better. Patience is key.

2003.5 G35C BL/GR, NAV, PREM, AERO, TINT, SPORT, Splash, V1

Old 10-17-2003 | 01:20 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

I absolutely LOVE having black. At the same time, I absolutely HATE having black. Nothing looks cleaner, or more like liquid glass. And again, at the same time, nothing can look dirtier and crapper [img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Oh well, it gives me something to do with my time [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 10-17-2003 | 09:49 PM

Hmm...I HAVE THAT TOO! So would the clay bar do the job? Are they gone now? They look very obvious on black under some light.

2004 G35 Coupe 5AT
Black/Graphite Ltr
Tire Pkg

Old 10-24-2003 | 07:30 PM

Please don't chastise me for not reading the posts. Have been doing so for awhile. Have had my G35 for about a month. Have washed it several times with "car wash". Husband had Teflon "Simoniz" spray done at dealer recently (against my wishes). Waiting for CG to come in. Do I need to clay bar it before CG? I know that I need to Dawn it. I'm still not quite sure what clay bar is or does or what kind to get. I'm also not sure what I'm supposed to wash it with that won't take off CG or add wax after the CG treatment. This is so COMPLICATED. I think I've almost got it down and ,zoom, another question rears it's unwanted head. Spoke with the CG salesman. Said to definitely spray on a wet car and don't let it haze. Not what I'm hearing here. Don"t want swirls on my Laser Red. This baby also has to sit outside in a New England winter. Starting to feel like I'm w/ Dorothy and Toto in Oz. My computer was down for a week. I think this was so that I could become somewhat sane again.
Thanks

lamrnd03

Old 10-25-2003 | 12:30 AM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

haha all good lamrnd03... i claybarred before CG. dawned/carwash, claybar, then CG. i have the mother's claybar kit. it was like $15 at an automotive parts store. it takes off "chemical impurities" or whatever it said on the box and leaves your car feeling smooth and glossy. it also helps get rid of nasty bugs who didn't come off during the wash.

"I'm also not sure what I'm supposed to wash it with that won't take off CG or add wax after the CG treatment."

i use carwash soap that says "will not strip wax" or the like. here is the thread i follow for applying CG... click here.

happy cleaning! [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 10-25-2003 | 07:55 AM

Yes you should claybar before ANY wax or CG.

The secret behind a deep shine is the prep work. Take time now to remove all wax, clay bar to remove all imbedded contaminats and MOST IMPORTANTLY use some type of swirl remover (3m Swirl mark remover) to get all light scratches out. IF you wax over scratches your car won't get that deep - wet look that you desire.

read this: http://www.g-owners.com/article_read.asp?id=18

Yeah it IS work, but I guarantee the results are worth it. DON'T be in a rush.

BillR

Old 10-28-2003 | 05:37 PM

What a beauty. Thanks for your help. Can you Please do my car too? I'll give you a Flu Shot!!!!!!!
Have a good one.

lamrnd03