Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Touch free car wash?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 09:37 PM
WRAH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Greatwars
In case you didn't notice, I did f*cking read it
I did notice, but now you didn't READ!!!! "As stated above...." Nice f*cking reading BTW!!!

Old 09-16-2006, 09:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by canuck
I have a huge detached two car garage, however it is unheated.
His idea would be great if there was a drain in the garage. I use the car wash here when it's too cold, and they do a decent job, I just do a little extra detail myself, and the interior myself. I have been using a self service car wash some this summer, since they were watching water waste, and I just use the spor free rinse for the entire wash, and wash by hand, costs $ but no water running down my street...............

Old 09-16-2006, 09:59 PM
Explain how I didn't read then smart guy. He was asking about the touchless car wash and I said I have no problem so far! (in case you didn't get it, it means I don't experience any swirl mark) and yes, I know the soap is the thing that may eat some of the paint! that's why I said about 'anti-flex' paint.

Some bodyshop don't use/don't sufficiently use 'anti-flex' paint for uretahane aftermarket body kit ... that plus the soap from most car wash would eat some of the paint like what u stated PLUS high pressure water (every touchless car wash have different pressure) would eventually peel off car's paint!

Originally Posted by WRAH
I did notice, but now you didn't READ!!!! "As stated above...." Nice f*cking reading BTW!!!

Old 09-16-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
His idea would be great if there was a drain in the garage. I use the car wash here when it's too cold, and they do a decent job, I just do a little extra detail myself, and the interior myself. I have been using a self service car wash some this summer, since they were watching water waste, and I just use the spor free rinse for the entire wash, and wash by hand, costs $ but no water running down my street...............
I have a drain in my garage. Im now thinking about hheating my garage.

Old 09-16-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by Vicg35
I have a drain in my garage. Im now thinking about hheating my garage.
That sure would be nice to have!

Old 09-17-2006, 06:42 PM
Registered

touchless car washes suck..dey will leave swirl marks..no doubt

Old 09-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by dyenboy
touchless car washes suck..dey will leave swirl marks..no doubt
How would a touchless car wash leave swirl marks? I have learned over the last few months that swirl marks are simply light scratches in your clear coat. How would a car wash that doesn't even touch your paint cause these light scratches? I can see how some of the soaps used in these car washes to potentially strip wax, but swirl marks?? Am I missing something?

Old 09-17-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by canuck
How would a touchless car wash leave swirl marks? I have learned over the last few months that swirl marks are simply light scratches in your clear coat. How would a car wash that doesn't even touch your paint cause these light scratches? I can see how some of the soaps used in these car washes to potentially strip wax, but swirl marks?? Am I missing something?
They don't leave swirl marks, sheesh, were do people get these ideas? The only possible way a touchfree would have swirl marks would be if the guy drying it had a rough towel, the car wash itself isn't going to make swirls.

Old 09-17-2006, 10:23 PM
To the original poster, what's the color of your car? if you have black, it's just a matter of time until you see swirl mark no matter how you take care of it ... so it's not the touchless car wash

Old 09-18-2006, 02:15 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have diamond graphite. The car wash was at a Shell gas station, no one dries your car except the machine. Oh yeah, can my rear wheels fit in those tracks, they are 9.5" wide with 275 series tires.

Last edited by Nickk6; 09-18-2006 at 02:23 AM.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:22 AM
If I were you, I wouldn't even go into any shell car wash ... where there's contact, there always swirl mark (yes, it's including hand-wash) ... I mentioned black because black is the easiest to get swirl mark and in black color, it's just a matter of time before you can see it no matter what you do

But back to your original question, I'm not sure ... my 9.5/275 fit the track on a touchless car wash last time

Originally Posted by Nickk6
I have diamond graphite. The car wash was at a Shell gas station, no one dries your car except the machine. Oh yeah, can my rear wheels fit in those tracks, they are 9.5" wide with 275 series tires.

Old 09-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Registered

isn't touch free or touchless machined? if so, hell yea they leave swirl marks...y do i know..cause my car is the proof..after I had my car tinted..dey ran it through their car wash..which was machined..and low and behold..swirls..

I had the car for only a month..and it had been scared..no more

Old 09-18-2006, 11:17 AM
Touch-free and touchless use water jets and don't touch the car with bristles or cloth.

Dyenboy - was the wash at your dealer just water jets and still left swirls?

Old 09-18-2006, 12:09 PM
Alumni****
I've been using the laser touchless car wash at my local Chevron dealership and it's been working wonders on my new car. I used to be an all out wash the car myself type person, but I decided to give this a go when I got my car about 2 months ago. Ever since, I've washed it about once a week and for $5 it's not too bad.

When I first started using the wash, I got the highest package $9, but yesterday I did the express wash $5, and it did pretty much the same job. The wax that the spray on doesn't really do anything cause there's no buffing involved. Either way, $5 saves a bit of time and in this upcoming fall weather, it's very convenient.

I guess it's $5 more than I need to spend, but I look at it as one less mocha for the week

Old 09-18-2006, 01:47 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Greatwars
If I were you, I wouldn't even go into any shell car wash ... where there's contact, there always swirl mark (yes, it's including hand-wash) ... I mentioned black because black is the easiest to get swirl mark and in black color, it's just a matter of time before you can see it no matter what you do

But back to your original question, I'm not sure ... my 9.5/275 fit the track on a touchless car wash last time
Well like I said its touch free.

I've taken a loaner into a car wash to see what happens. Not a touch free, but a regular one, and it scratched the **** out of the rear fender. I took my Altima through one when I decided to sell it, scratched the **** out of it in the exact same place. So I would never use a wash that touches your car. I am getting mixed opinions or maybe confused reactions to my question.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Touch free car wash?