Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Help me out please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2003 | 12:35 AM
|
Help me out please!

My brand new Black/Black G-35 Sedan with Aero Package is scraped up on the back right side behind the tire.(underbody scratches with paint gone)from a poorly executed parallel parking job in Glendale CA. Can somebody please point me in the right direction to get black touch up paint so I can stop from pulling my hair out? Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 11-04-2003 | 09:41 AM
Re: Help me out please!

You can get the touch up paint at your dealership.
You will also need a 00 or 000 paint brush the type we use when we did those car model when we were young. Also paint inside the scratch or chip, try not to paint more than you have too. When you are done buy some polishing compound and clear coat. I think 3M or Mothers puts it out.

Old 11-04-2003 | 09:46 AM

Be careful, I have always had disappointing results with touch up paint, I got to a point where sometimes it was better to just leave it alone! Is the scrape large, is it just on the black plastic part? Sounds like that may be what you are talking about here.

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan

Old 11-04-2003 | 10:51 AM

you may also want to give langka or mothers paint chip repair a try to get rid of the blob. i've heard good things about them both. they're the same product,mothers can be purchased at local auto supply stores. i have the langka and will probably try it out in the next two weeks on a wrx.

good luck

Old 11-10-2003 | 08:02 PM

TKMAN00, Let us know how the Langka works!

2003.5 G35C BL/GR, NAV, PREM, AERO, TINT, SPORT, Splash, V1

Old 11-11-2003 | 02:23 AM

i tried langka before, and it worked great. the blob remover alows you remove anything thats excess and creates a flat painted surface. After you remove the blow, all you need is to touch up some clear coat which comes with the kit, and you are all set.

04 G35C 6mt/aero kit/nav/premium

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.