Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

purchasing ziano

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2006 | 01:57 PM
|
purchasing ziano

Since i have started washing my car and did waxing a few weeks ago, I have decided to purchace ziano products. I have a month vacation so Im planning to wash,clay, polish, sealent, wax my black G and my dad's silver Fx. the Fx is same color as DG G.

I planned to buy these:

Zpc - i heard its a polish
Zfx - accelerate
Z2- sealent
z5 - sealent
Z8 - spray
Nxt wax

also im going to buy some MF towels from Pakshack or autopia

thats all for now

I read a lot of threads here about ziano and searched almost everyday.

My dad doesnt have faith in me, he takes his Fx to Carwash and it has a lot of scratch. so it will be a big project for me since im gonna do both cars.

any recomendation about steps i should take or any other products i should use?

thanks,
Rob

Old 12-13-2006 | 03:26 PM
ZPC is a polish, but its supposed to be used in conjuntion with a random orbital polisher such as the porter cable 6264/7336sp or cyclo, not one of those cheap polishers at the auto stores though. Zaino will not really cover any scratches, so if you have a month off, purchase a PC, some real polishes, and practice, ALOT. Then top with your zaino

Old 12-13-2006 | 03:32 PM
|
Originally Posted by redlude97
ZPC is a polish, but its supposed to be used in conjuntion with a random orbital polisher such as the porter cable 6264/7336sp or cyclo, not one of those cheap polishers at the auto stores though. Zaino will not really cover any scratches, so if you have a month off, purchase a PC, some real polishes, and practice, ALOT. Then top with your zaino
i dont think i will be buying a Pc any soon. i checked the ziano site and they said it can be applied by hand. although it will take time and effort.

zpc will eliminate any scratches or spider web on the car i assume. i know porter cable is a good idea but im not ready for that yet. hopefully i will get it soon.

Old 12-13-2006 | 04:00 PM
I'm sure that Zaino claims that their products can be applied by hand and you may even see some results initially. But don't be fooled.

Fine scratches, marring, and swirls show up because there is an imperfection in the clear coat that affects the way that light is reflected. To correct it, you must round out the edges of the scratch and blend it into the surronding clear coat. Only an abrasive polish can do this since it involves breaking down the clear coat. I doubt very much that you can generate enough heat by hand to properly break down the clear coat. Especially with Zaino since it claims to be "non-abrasive". Any results that you see are caused by the polymers in Zaino "filling" in the scratch. It will eventually wear off and the scratches will come back.

If you are serious about paint correction, you NEED a PC. It's that simple. There are scratch removers that are designed to be used by hand. Scratch X from Meguairs comes to mind. However, scratchX must be worked into the paint relentlessly for you to see any results. I don't think there is anyone in the world with enough ambition to use scratchX properly on an entire car. It is GREAT for spot treatment though.

If you are sure you don't want to get a PC that's fine. I would spot treat with Scratch X then I would find a good sealer/glaze. Zaino products have a good reputation in that department as do the Klasse twins. That should "fill" or hide most of the imperfections that you see and provide good protection.

Megs NXT is sort of a hybrid sealant/wax. It is a very good LSP for the process you are describing. However, its durability is questionable so you had better be committed to applying it at least every 4-6 weeks. Luckily it is very easy to use.

Old 12-13-2006 | 04:06 PM
G35driver Addict
follow the zaino website instructions. it also comes with a set of printed instructions and tips. good luck.

Old 12-13-2006 | 05:07 PM
|
Originally Posted by Ghaleon0721
I'm sure that Zaino claims that their products can be applied by hand and you may even see some results initially. But don't be fooled.

Fine scratches, marring, and swirls show up because there is an imperfection in the clear coat that affects the way that light is reflected. To correct it, you must round out the edges of the scratch and blend it into the surronding clear coat. Only an abrasive polish can do this since it involves breaking down the clear coat. I doubt very much that you can generate enough heat by hand to properly break down the clear coat. Especially with Zaino since it claims to be "non-abrasive". Any results that you see are caused by the polymers in Zaino "filling" in the scratch. It will eventually wear off and the scratches will come back.

If you are serious about paint correction, you NEED a PC. It's that simple. There are scratch removers that are designed to be used by hand. Scratch X from Meguairs comes to mind. However, scratchX must be worked into the paint relentlessly for you to see any results. I don't think there is anyone in the world with enough ambition to use scratchX properly on an entire car. It is GREAT for spot treatment though.

If you are sure you don't want to get a PC that's fine. I would spot treat with Scratch X then I would find a good sealer/glaze. Zaino products have a good reputation in that department as do the Klasse twins. That should "fill" or hide most of the imperfections that you see and provide good protection.

Megs NXT is sort of a hybrid sealant/wax. It is a very good LSP for the process you are describing. However, its durability is questionable so you had better be committed to applying it at least every 4-6 weeks. Luckily it is very easy to use.

Initially i want to put a coat of Zpc before applying coats of Z2 and Z5

i will wash and clay bar the car before I apply Zpc. As you mentioned about Zpc that it will show up eventually, if the sealent last 4-6 months i dont mind doing it again. If the Zpc does less on fixing the swirl and scratches, the Z2 and Z5 will hide it or make it less visible.

As for Pc i will buy one eventually buy one. My dad thinks it is better to leave those stuff to car wahses guys . I have hard time telling him its not.You mentioned about scratch x, well i might do that rather that buying the Zpc. i will put couple of layers of Z2, z5 and guessing it will last 4+ months. Mainly my dads Fx goes through a rough time because it doesnt get that much care.

Old 12-13-2006 | 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by startazin
Initially i want to put a coat of Zpc before applying coats of Z2 and Z5

i will wash and clay bar the car before I apply Zpc. As you mentioned about Zpc that it will show up eventually, if the sealent last 4-6 months i dont mind doing it again. If the Zpc does less on fixing the swirl and scratches, the Z2 and Z5 will hide it or make it less visible.

As for Pc i will buy one eventually buy one. My dad thinks it is better to leave those stuff to car wahses guys . I have hard time telling him its not.You mentioned about scratch x, well i might do that rather that buying the Zpc. i will put couple of layers of Z2, z5 and guessing it will last 4+ months. Mainly my dads Fx goes through a rough time because it doesnt get that much care.
I don't think you understand what ZPC is, its an abrasive polish, you don't put a "coat" of it on, you rub it into the paint and then buff it off, scratch-x works the same way. Believe me when I tell you that trying to hand polish an entire car with any polish is VERY tedious, for only a slight improvement. I'm talking about an entire tube of scratch-x and 3-4hours of hard scrubbing to remove very light micromarring on the paint. My car was only 4 months old at the time, and the micromarring was only visible under halogen lighting, and it still took that much effort. Swirls are next to impossible to remove totally with a hand polish. Invest in a PC now, and save your arms some pain.

Old 12-13-2006 | 06:04 PM
|
I don't think you understand what ZPC is, its an abrasive polish, you don't put a "coat" of it on, you rub it into the paint and then buff it off, scratch-x works the same way. Believe me when I tell you that trying to hand polish an entire car with any polish is VERY tedious, for only a slight improvement. I'm talking about an entire tube of scratch-x and 3-4hours of hard scrubbing to remove very light micromarring on the paint. My car was only 4 months old at the time, and the micromarring was only visible under halogen lighting, and it still took that much effort. Swirls are next to impossible to remove totally with a hand polish. Invest in a PC now, and save your arms some pain.

sorry, i might have got that wrong..

Old 12-13-2006 | 10:26 PM
don't forget to order the clay bar

Old 12-13-2006 | 10:37 PM
|
Originally Posted by LT1 SS
don't forget to order the clay bar
i have clay magic at home

Old 12-14-2006 | 02:30 PM
|
after reading about PC im considering to buy one.

there were some threads about it and also have ques about which pad to use and when ?

i found one at lowes for $110 or may be the one at auto-geek.net

Old 12-14-2006 | 05:45 PM
I like the edge2000 pads personally for ease of use and the ability to use both sides of the pad, but lake country pads are probably the cheapest and one of the most popular, they make pads for alot of the other brands as well.

Old 12-14-2006 | 10:01 PM
|
I like the edge2000 pads personally for ease of use and the ability to use both sides of the pad, but lake country pads are probably the cheapest and one of the most popular, they make pads for alot of the other brands as well.

thanks,
I have read and saw the videos at auto-geek.net and will buy the lake country pads and the PC from there.

what pad are bassicaly need for polishing, sealents and waxing ?

tha package already comes with 3 orange pads.

Last edited by blindG35; 12-14-2006 at 10:06 PM.
Old 12-14-2006 | 11:27 PM
thanks,
I have read and saw the videos at auto-geek.net and will buy the lake country pads and the PC from there.

what pad are bassicaly need for polishing, sealents and waxing ?

tha package already comes with 3 orange pads.
Pick up some of the finishing pads as well, for sealants/wax, most peopel recommend applying by hand because it uses less product, and those steps don't require the PC to do any polishing.

Old 12-16-2006 | 02:46 AM
after reading about PC im considering to buy one.
there were some threads about it and also have ques about which pad to use and when ?
i found one at lowes for $110 or may be the one at auto-geek.net
Pick up some of the finishing pads as well, for sealants/wax, most peopel recommend applying by hand because it uses less product, and those steps don't require the PC to do any polishing.
Startazin-now you're in a catch 22. Zaino's good, but you'll probably need a pc to remove swirls. But, using a pc to apply the Z2/Z5 will use more, so better to apply by hand.
I found that out after being a Zaino user for years, but found a pc to get so much better results. My recommendation, forego the ZPC, get the Pinnacle XMT kit. Z5 is good as a sealant. Then top with a better polish than NXT, like Pinnacle Liquid Souveran.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: purchasing ziano