Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Zaino for dummies . Zaino-Lite and Zaino 101

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino for dummies . Zaino-Lite and Zaino 101

I have read lots of good things about Zaino and its protective quartiles, longevity and appearance. No question there. But for me, I have limited time, and like to keeps things simple and straightforward. Reading up on the instructions/products here and here, this , to me, is anything but simple and straightforward. I really don't have the time or patience (or talent??) to do this justice....looking for something that can do say once twice a month, for about an hour on a Sunday afternoon, and not think to hard about it as this is my down time!

Is there either a Zaino for dummies or Zaino-lite approach or perhaps an alternative altogether - ie another (single) product that while perhaps not as effective, would be but far simpler and would still achieve very good results??

I dont know the first thing about detailing - but I do want to care for my car in a reasonable manner and wash/polish/protect etc. Just looking for a sensible compromise.

My G35X (just ordered this week and expected end of March) will be Diamond(Plantinum) Graphite.

Many thanks

Old 01-20-2007, 04:47 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm sure there's a write-up somwhere, but:
  • Buy Zaino Z2, Z5, ZFX and Z6/Z8 (claybar and Zaino wash are optional)
  • Buy some good cotton towels
  • Wash your car
  • optionally use the claybar (tear off a piece, use the Z6 or Z8 as lube)
  • Mix Z2 and/or Z5 with ZFX (instructions come with)
  • Wax like you normally would, just using a lot less (Z5 for swirls, Z2 for max shine)
  • Buff with towels, spray on Z6 or Z8
  • Repeat
  • Admire your car

Good luck!

Last edited by G35Now!; 01-20-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Well since you are in Toronto and don't have the time to detail your car, my biggest recommendation is to go see Kevin (picus112). If you haven't seen his amazing work, check out this thread in the Canadian section.

https://g35driver.com/forums/canada/97080-mobile-detailing-gta.html

Old 01-20-2007, 05:07 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Here is the Zaino site for Canada. The main distributor is located in Guelph. The addy is on the site.
http://www.zaino.ca/

You can also purchase Zaino at Square One Mall downstairs at the Barber's Chair.
It is actually prety easy to use and lasts a long time.

Old 01-20-2007, 05:27 PM
http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135322

Scroll down to post 3. This guy was great in the Z threads on answering detail questions. I've been using Zaino for the past two years and wouldnt go back to any other product.

Old 01-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Traveling Administrator
I am a Zaino user as well and contrary to what alot of people seem to think, Zaino is extremely easy to use. IMO, there is nothing hard about applying and wiping off Zaino products.

Last edited by Garnet Canuck; 01-20-2007 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Other than adding a couple of drops of ZFX to the Z2, using Zaino is exactly the same process and amt of work as using any wax or other similar product.

For those who complain that Zaino is too hard to remove, you are using way too much. It only needs to be applied in a super thin coat. When done in this fashion, it comes off easily w/o the need for hard buffing.

Please, someone explain to me where the difficult or complex part of applying Zaino is because I just don't see it at all.

Old 01-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by AlterZgo
Other than adding a couple of drops of ZFX to the Z2, using Zaino is exactly the same process and amt of work as using any wax or other similar product.

For those who complain that Zaino is too hard to remove, you are using way too much. It only needs to be applied in a super thin coat. When done in this fashion, it comes off easily w/o the need for hard buffing.

Please, someone explain to me where the difficult or complex part of applying Zaino is because I just don't see it at all.
It is Easy-Peasy to use. I don't even add the ZFX. The only time you need ZFX is when you are giving more than one coat per day or it is cool or humid out.

Last edited by GEE35FX; 01-20-2007 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:38 PM
Well at least on the Z boards, Zaino has some kind of mystical status in peoples eyes. They think "Oh wait, Zaino, man that is impossible to use." Nothing could be further from the truth. I use a cali duster on my car with the Z8 spray once or twice a week and the whole process is maybe 15 minutes total. Sure you can spend all day giving your car a full detail, but thats no different than with any other product.

And yes, a little Zaino goes a long way. One bottle of Z8 lasted me all of 2006 with very frequent uses. So sure, its more expensive than other products, but it goes a long long long way, oh and it smells cool too!

Old 01-22-2007, 01:19 PM
This looks pretty interesting. Anyone in socal wanna set this up?? hehe

http://www.lazaino.com/ZainoDay.htm

Also, does anyone know if Infiniti waxes the car? I know my dealer didn't do anything besides wash it. Do I need to do the dawn wash and clay bar?

Last edited by kewltea; 01-22-2007 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Ok I've been doing ALOT of research on car detailing. I picked up a 100% Sheepskin mitt (Eurow brand) from Walmart as it was recommended by some people on autopia. I did the CD test and it scratched the hell outa it. Are you guys sticking with 100% cotton when using Zaino? Anyone try any microfibers?

Old 01-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
oh, good call on the CD test - haven't thought of that.

Old 01-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by kewltea
Ok I've been doing ALOT of research on car detailing. I picked up a 100% Sheepskin mitt (Eurow brand) from Walmart as it was recommended by some people on autopia. I did the CD test and it scratched the hell outa it. Are you guys sticking with 100% cotton when using Zaino? Anyone try any microfibers?
Me personally, I wouln't use anything but MF towels on my G. No cotton towels touch my G at all.

Old 01-27-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Me personally, I wouln't use anything but MF towels on my G. No cotton towels touch my G at all.

What brand do you use? I purchased some from Target, Walmart and Costco

Old 01-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Same here, purchase 3 packs of MF towels at Autozone, also picked up a bunch from Griots Garage

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Zaino for dummies . Zaino-Lite and Zaino 101