Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Ask a Professional Detailer...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
OK another question.

Iv got a bunch of zaino stuff sitting in my cabinet (kinda quit using it after one application for some reason.)

I'd like to do my moms truck with it. What is the best process with that stuff for optimal results? Like what order do you use with what stuff?

Also i have some of the P21s wax and i love it but want to try something else next time around (same price point of around $32) What else do you guys offer that does an equally good job? You have so many different waxes my head spins.
I'm not a Zaino user, but you usually want to go through the same process as if you were using other products: wash > clay > polish > protect

If I'm not mistaken the products used would be Z-7 wash, Z-18 clay, Z-PC or Z-AIO polish > Z5 or Z2 protect.

If you are looking to try something different than P21S but keep it around the $32 price point, consider trying one (or a couple) of Dodo Juice 30ml panel pots. Each pot would give you ~5+ applications when used properly and comes in at $13.99 before any discounts. If you picked up 3 panel pots, you'd have enough wax for over a year and get to try out some higher end waxes than the P21S to see what you think.

Natty's Red
would be another wax you could try, but I think you may prefer the P21S over it due to the ease of use and shine.

Hope this helps,

George

Old 05-27-2009, 10:12 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
So you recommend the Dodo Juice 30ml panel pots? You like those over the P21s?

Which do recommend for an OB sedan, a black pickup, and a lake shore slate sedan? the soft or the hard?

Old 05-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
So you recommend the Dodo Juice 30ml panel pots? You like those over the P21s?

Which do recommend for an OB sedan, a black pickup, and a lake shore slate sedan? the soft or the hard?
I've had great luck with the Dodo Juice waxes so far. I used Light Fantastic on my brothers pearl white Altima last week and it had a beautiful glow to it. The soft waxes are unique if you haven't used one, they are gritty to the touch. What I try to do is work them into a foam applicator pad, just enough so there's some product on the pad, then rub both sides of the pad together to get rid of some of the grittyness, then work it into the paint. The grit wouldn't cause any marring or anything, like I said it's a different feel to hard waxes.

If you wanted to try a couple, I'd try Blue Velvet, Purple Haze and Rainforest Rub (or Hard Candy if you wanted a hard wax). Those would be the best waxes for the colors you had listed. Rainforest Rub and Hard Candy aren't designed for specific colors, which is nice to have around. Purple Haze and Blue Velvet are designed for darker colored vehicles.

Dodo Juice claims the soft waxes produce a slightly warmer glow while the hard waxes last a tad bit longer.

Let me know if there's anything else I can answer for you.

George

Old 05-27-2009, 10:32 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Ill get the 4 pot kit then. What do you recommend for an applicator pad?

Old 05-28-2009, 12:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, I posted for a friend a while ago, about cleaning up his Privat Reserv Rims. Now that school is over, and we have actual free time he decided to finally get his hands on the rims and clean them up. Last time I asked you, you recommended P21S wheel cleaner, and he was wondering which one, because he found several: P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner, or P21s Multi-surface Finish restorer.

Next he finally provided me with pictures so that I can get your direct input. He has 2 problems, one are the white spots on the actual wheel, and the second is the rot-like blemishes on the polished lip. (keep in mind car has not been washed in a while either so it has daily dirt on it too)

Attached Thumbnails Ask a Professional Detailer...-img_0060.jpg   Ask a Professional Detailer...-img_0071.jpg   Ask a Professional Detailer...-img_0067.jpg   Ask a Professional Detailer...-img_0064.jpg   Ask a Professional Detailer...-img_0066.jpg  

Old 05-28-2009, 12:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Detailed Image
I've had great luck with the Dodo Juice waxes so far. I used Light Fantastic on my brothers pearl white Altima last week and it had a beautiful glow to it. The soft waxes are unique if you haven't used one, they are gritty to the touch. What I try to do is work them into a foam applicator pad, just enough so there's some product on the pad, then rub both sides of the pad together to get rid of some of the grittyness, then work it into the paint. The grit wouldn't cause any marring or anything, like I said it's a different feel to hard waxes.

If you wanted to try a couple, I'd try Blue Velvet, Purple Haze and Rainforest Rub (or Hard Candy if you wanted a hard wax). Those would be the best waxes for the colors you had listed. Rainforest Rub and Hard Candy aren't designed for specific colors, which is nice to have around. Purple Haze and Blue Velvet are designed for darker colored vehicles.

Dodo Juice claims the soft waxes produce a slightly warmer glow while the hard waxes last a tad bit longer.

Let me know if there's anything else I can answer for you.

George
dodo wax is awesome stuff

Old 05-29-2009, 09:40 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Ill get the 4 pot kit then. What do you recommend for an applicator pad?
I'd skip the kit and get a couple of the waxes I mentioned as you don't really save much by going with the kit. The kit includes a wax for each range of colors (warm colors, dark colors, light colors, and one general wax for all colors). Sounds like you have a couple dark colored vehicles and a lighter one.

For an applicator pad, I usually use a foam applicator pad.

Originally Posted by Agent F
Hey, I posted for a friend a while ago, about cleaning up his Privat Reserv Rims. Now that school is over, and we have actual free time he decided to finally get his hands on the rims and clean them up. Last time I asked you, you recommended P21S wheel cleaner, and he was wondering which one, because he found several: P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner, or P21s Multi-surface Finish restorer.

Next he finally provided me with pictures so that I can get your direct input. He has 2 problems, one are the white spots on the actual wheel, and the second is the rot-like blemishes on the polished lip. (keep in mind car has not been washed in a while either so it has daily dirt on it too)
Those rims look pretty shot and I'm not sure how much any product is going to do for them. If anything, P21S Finish Restorer will help remove some of the oxidation better than the wheel cleaner. You want to apply it using some elbow grease and work into the wheels. The P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner is great for removing brake dust, not existing oxidation. Chances are he got those spots by using too harsh of a wheel cleaner or taking it through car washes.

Originally Posted by Gr8speed68
dodo wax is awesome stuff
Which ones have you used?

George

Old 05-29-2009, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dodo blue velvet wax it's very good wax i bought all my stuff thru george he's a good guy knows what he's talking about..

Old 05-30-2009, 12:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welps, the results are in... simply because I was OCD and couldn't stand seeing tiny spots on my car.

Dodo Juice Supernatural lasted me a minimum of 3 months since my last application.
The rough showers we've been having this past month in Houston were pretty lame.
But, I noticed water beaded up much more cleanly and blew off the car much more faster than my typical synthetic & paste waxes.
But, my OCD got to me and I had to wash the car down. After the wash, water still continued to bead and slide off the paint. So, I'm sure Supernatural could last even longer.
Continued with the typical clay, polish, (skipped glaze, no time... relatives in town bothering me), sealant, and wax.
This time, I went back to my typical wax as this was more of a test of Supernatural. I have to save the rest for any customers who may like some on their cars.
I must say, Supernatural is a superb product and brings such a deep, warm glossy shine to my Diamond Graphite.
After seeing that shine & durability, I think it was worth the price tag. I will definitely refill when I use it all up.

Thanks, George!

Old 05-31-2009, 10:13 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Gr8speed68
Dodo blue velvet wax it's very good wax i bought all my stuff thru george he's a good guy knows what he's talking about..
Thanks for the reply, Blue Velvet is a great wax on darker colors. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with. Cheers and thanks for your support.

Originally Posted by FlSHRFun
Welps, the results are in... simply because I was OCD and couldn't stand seeing tiny spots on my car.

Dodo Juice Supernatural lasted me a minimum of 3 months since my last application.
The rough showers we've been having this past month in Houston were pretty lame.
But, I noticed water beaded up much more cleanly and blew off the car much more faster than my typical synthetic & paste waxes.
But, my OCD got to me and I had to wash the car down. After the wash, water still continued to bead and slide off the paint. So, I'm sure Supernatural could last even longer.
Continued with the typical clay, polish, (skipped glaze, no time... relatives in town bothering me), sealant, and wax.
This time, I went back to my typical wax as this was more of a test of Supernatural. I have to save the rest for any customers who may like some on their cars.
I must say, Supernatural is a superb product and brings such a deep, warm glossy shine to my Diamond Graphite.
After seeing that shine & durability, I think it was worth the price tag. I will definitely refill when I use it all up.

Thanks, George!
Thanks for the update. 3 months is quite a long time for a carnauba wax to last, I'm glad you were experiencing that type of durability out of it. Maintenance after using Supernatural and other Dodo Juice waxes is my favorite aspect of them. Tight water beading and great protection makes maintenance washes significantly easier.

If you have any pics of your car with SN on it I'd love to see.

Enjoy your Supernatural and thanks for sharing!

George

Old 06-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Just placed an order for some PB SSR1, super plush MF's, LC orange pad, and some Dodo Juice Purple Haze to spruce up the G when I come home.. thanks for the forum support George!

Old 06-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Tim, is it illegal to run no front plate in AZ?
AZ does not require a front plate. My other "TIMMMAH" plate is on the wall in my garage.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Joaquin03
Just placed an order for some PB SSR1, super plush MF's, LC orange pad, and some Dodo Juice Purple Haze to spruce up the G when I come home.. thanks for the forum support George!
Thanks for your support! Let us know how everything turns out once you get a chance to use your new products.

All the best,

George

Old 06-01-2009, 05:57 PM
subscribed

Old 06-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
George, I've been a member of this Forum Since 2003 and this is my first question for you. I am the original owner of my 04 Coupe which is primarily garaged. The black leather steering wheel is starting to show small cracking and dryness on the top section (12:00) When I apply Lexol, the towel gets very black from the wheel. Is there anything left for me to do?, or am I bascially looking at having to recover or replace my steering wheel? I only have 34,000 miles and as previously mentioned, the car has mostly been garaged. I do live in Florida though, and I have not put anything on the steering wheel since I purchased it in 03. Any imput would be greatly appreciated.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ask a Professional Detailer...