Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

venture shield cover ...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2007 | 03:27 PM
|
venture shield cover ...?

what up guys ... i was just quoted about $1k for the installation of venture shield cover for the hood, bumber and headlight ... lady said that the headlights are spendy and if they were to have a crack in it ... it would be alot to replace them ... true or not ... plus would the heat from the headlights beat on the clear film causing it to warp and have air bubbles ...?

what do ya think ... i just got my car about a week and a half ago and i already notice one very very tiny chip on the front bumber ... i would liek to get a move on this as fast as possible to prevent any further chips, etc ...

how durable are those clear film in protecting your front end ...?

holla!

(edit: the dealer called me and would like me to go back to the dealer becaue during the signing ... they made a mistake in the contract so i have to go resign the papers ... i asked her if there's anything they can do if i decided to do the protection ... she said that they should be able to do something about it ... being that i live about 1.5-2 hours away from the dealer and it was their mistake ... what do ya think i can get it for ...?)

Last edited by 2007_G35x; 04-10-2007 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-10-2007 | 03:35 PM
Premier Member
Originally Posted by 2007_G35x
what up guys ... i was just quoted about $1k for the installation of venture shield cover for the hood, bumber and headlight ... lady said that the headlights are spendy and if they were to have a crack in it ... it would be alot to replace them ... true or not ... plus would the heat from the headlights beat on the clear film causing it to warp and have air bubbles ...?

what do ya think ... i just got my car about a week and a half ago and i already notice one very very tiny chip on the front bumber ... i would liek to get a move on this as fast as possible to prevent any further chips, etc ...

how durable are those clear film in protecting your front end ...?

holla!

(edit: the dealer called me and would like me to go back to the dealer becaue during the signing ... they made a mistake in the contract so i have to go resign the papers ... i asked her if there's anything they can do if i decided to do the protection ... she said that they should be able to do something about it ... being that i live about 1.5-2 hours away from the dealer and it was their mistake ... what do ya think i can get it for ...?)
$1K would be too high in my area.

Old 04-10-2007 | 03:37 PM
|
that's what i though also ... but they have to contract this project out ... would that be the mark-up ... ?

Old 04-10-2007 | 03:55 PM
Premier Member
Originally Posted by 2007_G35x
that's what i though also ... but they have to contract this project out ... would that be the mark-up ... ?
The dealer will sub it out to a mobile installer which you can probably find yourself. I think I paid around $625 back in December in the Southern CA area. They did my hood, fenders, headlights, bumper, rear view mirrors, and door handle pockets.

Old 04-10-2007 | 04:12 PM
same - 650 at a highly recommended shop in bay area

used venture film, top notch work.

Old 04-10-2007 | 08:57 PM
Got a better deal here too. ~$575 for the "full" package - which includes hood all the way down to the very bottom on the front, headlights, mirrors, and a strip along the back edge of the four doors.

The guy at the shop didn't mention it, but I also noticed film in some "high kick" areas - such as the very bottom corner of the backseat doors area - right in front of the wheels.

There was also a partial package available which was hood, bumper, headlights, I think, for ~$375.

Old 04-12-2007 | 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by detracti
The guy at the shop didn't mention it, but I also noticed film in some "high kick" areas - such as the very bottom corner of the backseat doors area - right in front of the wheels.
Those are factory installed.

I paid $690 out the door and that was at a very good shop in the Bay Area. I regret not doing a full wrap because they do that, not liking the lines right now.