Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

what car wax brand is good?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GR8TG35
Every spring I do a complete cleaning/detailing of my G.....
Clay bar, followed by Klasse AIO (all in one), The SG (sealant guard), then I wait 8hrs and put on a couple coats of P21S Carnuaba wax.

The whole process takes you a couple of hours, but the results are pretty impressive, and the Klasse keeps the shine for many months..

I usually apply several coats of P21S, since it has no long term lasting abilities.

There are plenty of quality products out there.....but preparation like most/all said is the key to a beautiful shine.....

Some pics from a couple years ago after my regiment was complete.
Good luck

LOL . . . I follow the exact same routine every May. However, after regular washings, I will apply additional coats of the High Gloss Sealant Glaze every once in awhile prior to the P21s wax.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can't go wrong with meg's product.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by verbal assassin
the best is mothers car wax cleaner and car wax. the best i had ever used. not only is it cheaper but the shine i get after using mothers wax is 10x better then the NXT crap and Gold Class Crap i was using before.

i have a black car, and no matter how many times i try to buff the NXT wax off, the still see smears of oily residue on the car.

try the mothers products.
You're definitely doing something wrong with the NXT. The results are unbelievable on my black car.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:01 PM
i don't think so... with NXT it looks ok at night, but in the direct sunlight, its pretty aweful.. Yes its shines but there are streaks all over the car.

when i used mothers, omgfgoodness. the difference was night and day. my car had a deep glossy wet shine. my coworkers even noticed the difference. like damn, ur car is clean? what do you use? they were like, i use to detail car and black shows everything, but whatever you use now, its working for you.

b4, i use nxt never had that compliment b4.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:21 PM
If your using the carnuba wax from mother's then I have no doubt you will get a deeper and wetter looking shine, in fact carnuba waxes are known to provide a wetter looking and shinnier look then synthetic polymer waxes.

However you have trade offs of a very nice shine that will last 3-4 weeks (especially in canadian weather) compared to a not so wet shine (from synthetic waxes) that will last 3-5 months.

As for your streaking issue, I've never that that problem with NXT liquid wax. Maybe it was an expired or defective product.

Originally Posted by verbal assassin
i don't think so... with NXT it looks ok at night, but in the direct sunlight, its pretty aweful.. Yes its shines but there are streaks all over the car.

when i used mothers, omgfgoodness. the difference was night and day. my car had a deep glossy wet shine. my coworkers even noticed the difference. like damn, ur car is clean? what do you use? they were like, i use to detail car and black shows everything, but whatever you use now, its working for you.

b4, i use nxt never had that compliment b4.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:00 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Layers of Zaino topped with P21S FTMFW